Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who passed the torch to steve austin? Bret Hart OR HBK

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Who passed the torch to steve austin? Bret Hart OR HBK Empty
PostSubject: Who passed the torch to steve austin? Bret Hart OR HBK   Who passed the torch to steve austin? Bret Hart OR HBK EmptySat 19 Dec 2009, 9:08 pm

I found this interesting thread somewhere, but still it's an very good topic.

Who passed the torch to Stone Cold?

Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels

I'm pretty sure that I saw this already, but can't for the life of me find it so....
HBK and The Hitman both jump started his push, but who's impact or which match is most important.

WrestleMania 13 Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin (submission only) - In this match Austin walked in a heel and walked out a face. The match was excellent and the finish was perfect, having never submit. Austin won the Royal Rumble this year, but didn't face the Champion. Would Austin be different today If he faced Psycho Sid instead?

WrestleMania 14 Shawn Michaels vs. Steve Austin (wwf championship) - Austin again won the royal rumble and this time got his WM main event. Match was good, but kind of ruined when Tyson counted to 3 way too fast. This was also the start of the most popular era in wrestling. The Austin/Attitude Era.

So which won was more relevant to Austin's success in your opinion? And who do u think passed the torch to austin
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Who passed the torch to steve austin? Bret Hart OR HBK   Who passed the torch to steve austin? Bret Hart OR HBK EmptySat 19 Dec 2009, 10:02 pm

i think Bret, cos HBK is still there, and by WM14 Austin was already considered the future
Back to top Go down
Brad Vicious
Main Eventer
Brad Vicious

Male
Number of posts : 787
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Favorite WWE Diva : Natalya Neidhart and Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Alex Shelley/ Chris Sabin
Favorite TNA Knockout : Allissa Flash, Daffney, Tara and Hamada
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Who passed the torch to steve austin? Bret Hart OR HBK   Who passed the torch to steve austin? Bret Hart OR HBK EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 1:06 am

I dont think either 'passed the torch' because thay implies stepping aside, something Bret or HBK never did. But as far as pivitol moments in Austins career Bret helped elevate him to superstar status during that submission match. That is the clear and defining moment when Austin went from a new up and comer to a Legend in the making.
Back to top Go down
http://inthedoorway.deviantart.com/
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Who passed the torch to steve austin? Bret Hart OR HBK   Who passed the torch to steve austin? Bret Hart OR HBK EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 2:01 am

Brad Vicious wrote:
I dont think either 'passed the torch' because thay implies stepping aside, something Bret or HBK never did. But as far as pivitol moments in Austins career Bret helped elevate him to superstar status during that submission match. That is the clear and defining moment when Austin went from a new up and comer to a Legend in the making.

While you're probably right in this instance, you don't necessarily step completely to the side. Remember, this was at a point when WWE was utilizing their stars while making new ones - something they are doing a horrendous job at now.

I'm gonna say Bret helped more because he was helping Austing get face reactions when he was a heel: that plus their match got him over; and the rest is history!
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Who passed the torch to steve austin? Bret Hart OR HBK   Who passed the torch to steve austin? Bret Hart OR HBK EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 3:15 am

Bret established him as a fixture

HBK established him as a main-eventer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who passed the torch to steve austin? Bret Hart OR HBK   Who passed the torch to steve austin? Bret Hart OR HBK Empty

Back to top Go down

Who passed the torch to steve austin? Bret Hart OR HBK
Page 1 of 1