Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?

Go down 
+2
The Sexy Vixen
janine
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?   Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010, 5:37 pm

So, yeah, as the title says.. who are some of your favorite bands (reasoning for it?)? Favorite genres (reasoning?)? Favorite of the eras of music, and again, why?

Myself; I like 80s rap (Run DMC, Beastie Boys), 80s rock (Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Metallica, Black Sabbath) 90s grunge and metal (Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Rage Against the Machine, Pantera, Guns N' Roses, Megadeth, Foo Fighters), and what's labeled today as "emo," (The Used, My Chemical Romance, All Time Low, Senses Fail, Silverstein, 30 Seconds to Mars, Paramore) or "punk" (Green Day, Rise Against, Billy Talent) .. aka new wave alternative. I a bit of the new metal too (Slipknot, Disturbed, Bullet for my Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, System of a Down) and a bit of the rock. (The White Stripes, Shinedown, and also Foo Fighters, Them Crooked Vultures, and Tenacious D because Dave Grohl kicks ass.)

The rap has a nice beat, and you can't go wrong with Run DMC or the Beastie Boys. Really, this is when rap DIDN'T suck. And no, I don't like any of DMC's 21st century stuff, such as their last album, in 2001.

80s rock fucking started it all (yeah, the 70s had a big part in it, I didn't forget about The Rolling Stones), from Zeppelin to Black Sabbath, they really had a big impact on all these other bands that are
making it big. Sick guitar solos in some of these bands, awesome drumming, overall good quality music. I just hate when shitty bands cover their classics and make it sound like shit..

90s grunge started alternative, with Nirvana and Pearl Jam, etc. I dunno' if I dare label Soundgarden in the grunge category.. as I've been nearly killed when doing it before, but they certainly are amazing either way. :P

Thank god for 90s rock and metal, such as GNR and Pantera. Both perfect examples of clashing music, Guns N' Roses being more pop..ish rock, and Pantera being metal. It more so just reinvented the rock and metal we heard in the 80s and such and made it more awesome, with better guitar playing, better drumming.. etc.

And as for emo and punk, which all ends up getting labeled as emo. Emo died in the fucking 80s, people are trying to bring it back, they are failing. Emo.. is.. dead. My Chemical Romance and The Used ARE NOT emo, they might "look" like it, but they are just alternative..not emo. Let's just say that. I like the sound and the meaning of their music, they might not have the best instrumentals, but it sounds good to me, and that's all that really matters, right? And for punk, why some of these bands get labeled as emo is beyond me too.. Rise Against? Clearly not emo, but either way, punk is kinda an alternative *no pun intended* to grunge, and I fucking love grunge..so that's probably why I love the punk guys like Rise Against, Green Day, etc.

Again, new metal is just older metal with bullshit screaming added in. I don't mind that really, as long as it's not too much of it. Avenged Sevenfold is the best metal band right now, by the way. :P

The White Stripes > you. That's all I have to say about current rock music. >.<

rant over..that could be the longest topic non wrestling or non bashing the site i've ever made, ever.

now it's your turn! you don't have to write an essay though :P
Back to top Go down
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
Number of posts : 5827
Job/hobbies : Animals, Wrestling, Country Music
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Edge
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : Lita
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Mr. Anderson
Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Daffney
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada
They keep getting rid of the good ones. :x
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?   Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010, 5:44 pm

Genre-COUNTRY

Artists-Jason Aldean, Rascal Flatts, Jimmy Wayne, Keith Urban, Dierks Bentley, Craig Morgan, Chris Young, and many others.

Era-I like the early 2000s country, around the time I started listening to country music, but I like it now too.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/janineem82
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?   Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010, 5:58 pm

Era - 80s, i love 80s music, especially 80s rock.

Genre - nowadays I listen to mostly J-pop and other foreign artists. So I get most of my music online.

Favorite artists - Valerius (yes Kev, thanks to you), Anna Tsuchiya, Olivia Lufkin, Yuna Ito, Puffy AmiYumi (yep from the Puffy Amiyumi show), Christina Aguilera, and Mariah Carey who is my fave of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?   Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010, 6:01 pm

lmfao Avenged Sevenfold is NOT the best metal band
Back to top Go down
LiE
World Champion
World Champion
LiE

Female
Number of posts : 1027
Job/hobbies : Rock N' Roll
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?   Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010, 6:02 pm

I could go on about music forever, it's so important to me. I'd rather not even get into it on here because there's so much to my music & the artisits. In a nutshell, I hate everything recent, I won't even bother with it because it's such dog shit. I listen to nothing but 60's / 70's / 80's / 90's (early) rock. Apart from older bands coming out with new albums, or the select few such as "the darkness" that are relevent to the stuff I like, everything & anyone else can bite me. There are so many groups I like, I won't even try to list them all. But my favorite group is Guns n' Roses, & Def Leppard I love Axl Rose along with Steve Clark more than anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/divaxdiva

PostSubject: Re: Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?   Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010, 6:05 pm

CM Dead, Your Savior wrote:

dick fuck you! my opinion :P...and I meant in THIS ERA..currently
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?   Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010, 6:12 pm

LMAO! Joey I just can't imagine you bumping some Run DMC. You gave me that emo vibe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?   Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010, 6:15 pm

IT'S TRICKY TO ROCK A RHYME TO ROCK A RHYME THAT'S RIGHT ON TIME, IT'S TRICKY
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?   Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010, 6:19 pm

YES!! You better copy and paste yo ass off lol, I'm just fuckin with u, I used to listen to Toy Box, so I'm not really the person to diss other peoples music taste.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?   Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010, 6:21 pm

Thing is i didn't copy and paste that :P
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?   Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010, 6:55 pm

"The Hitman" Glitch wrote:

I meant in this era too. Old A7X sure...but the new shit? Hardly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?   Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010, 6:58 pm

i'm not talking death/hardcore/screaming metal, dead; i'm talking.. metal. i know you're into death metal, and thats not what i meant when i was talking about metal
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female
Number of posts : 13288
Job/hobbies : Skelevangelist
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Tommy Dreamer
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?   Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010, 9:08 pm

"The Hitman" Glitch wrote:

I meant in this era too. Old A7X sure...but the new shit? Hardly

A7X aren't the best metal band because their music hardly falls under that category. Their first album was sloppy as shit and was just a whole lot of screaming and noise. They're always changing and sound like a different band with each record. Who knows what the next and possibly last one will be like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?   Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010, 9:31 pm

They are generally..generalized under the metal group, they certainly aren't pure rock, are hardcore..so they get placed under the metal category
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female
Number of posts : 13288
Job/hobbies : Skelevangelist
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Tommy Dreamer
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?   Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010, 9:33 pm

Doesn't matter to me what they're categorized as, call it anything, it's still amazing music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?   Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite music genres, bands, eras of music, etc?
Page 1 of 1