Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ROH News: March 9th Newswire

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

ROH News: March 9th Newswire Empty
PostSubject: ROH News: March 9th Newswire   ROH News: March 9th Newswire EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 3:01 am

Ring of Honor congratulates Eddie Edwards on becoming the very first ROH World Television Champion! After an intense 20-plus minute classic with fellow ‘American Wolf' Davey Richards, Edwards was able to secure the Achilles Lock and submit Richards to claim the title. The story coming out of the victory was Edwards' assertion that the Wolves are stronger than ever and that the "hunt never ends". Davey Richards looked on as Edwards spoke with a prideful grin and both men left the ringside area together. Could we be seeing the Wolves getting ready for another rampage? Richards put Tyler Black on notice in Philadelphia and Edwards took TV gold. Black and Richards will share [color:9b05=blue! important][color:9b05=blue! important]the [color:9b05=blue! important]ring in Michigan in less than two weeks. What happens next could be very bad for the ROH World Champion.

- The trio of Tyler Black, Austin Aries, and Roderick Strong saw their friction get to an all-time high over the past four days, as their interaction in Philadelphia was capped off by the intense footage that aired last night on HDNet. As [color:9b05=blue! important][color:9b05=blue! important]Executive [color:9b05=blue! important]Producer Jim Cornette made the public announcement of the main event at "The Big Bang!" on April 3rd, tempers flared and fists flew. Next Monday on HDNet all three men sit down and give their personal take on what to expect when ROH debuts in Charlotte, and who knows what fireworks will go off in Michigan, Ontario, or Phoenix before we even get there!

- The beginning of Davey Richards' hunt for Tyler Black must go through the Pick 6 Series, and we now know why he signed to face "The Pretty Boy Pitbull" Kenny King at "The Big Bang!" in Charlotte on April 3rd. Richards has already proven he can score a win over King, and now the impetus is on the man from Vegas to prove he can hang with and stop Richards before the hunt on the Pick 6 is in full swing.

- The Kevin Steen/El Generico saga was a focal point of [color:9b05=blue! important][color:9b05=blue! important]the [color:9b05=blue! important]happenings in Philadelphia last weekend, and everything left Kevin Steen in an extremely foul mood. "I see that I have to make some examples," said Steen. "I see that people doubt Corino's guidance and I see that people resent me. I see what I have to do, I have to beat people more…I see that I have to make some examples." Signed for March 26th in Phoenix, Kevin Steen will take on the returning Kenny Omega! Then on March 27th he will battle the impressive Scott [color:9b05=blue! important][color:9b05=blue! important]Lost in singles action! "I will leave bodies in my wake," said Steen. "It begins now."

- Sources indicated to ROHWrestling.com that Steve Corino has been in constant contact with ROH officials after the events of last weekend and an announcement could be imminent.

- The injury bug has bitten and bitten hard. Delirious suffered a throat injury at the hands of Austin Aries last Friday in Philadelphia and did not participate on Saturday's card. ROH officials have not been able to make contact with the "lizard man" since that time, and it is not yet known how serious the injury is or whether of not he'll miss time. Player Uno of the Super Smash Brothers has suffered a Grade 3 AC Joint separation, and is currently being evaluated medically. We'll have an update on his condition as soon as possible. Additionally, Roderick Strong is suffering through a moderate hip pointer, but battled through it last weekend and is not expected to miss any time.

- Shawn [color:9b05=blue! important][color:9b05=blue! important]Daivari may have joined, but last weekend, "Skullkrusher" Rasche Brown made it abundantly clear to Prince Nana that he will not be signing with the Embassy. As Joey Ryan and Daivari were doing everything in their power to take Eddie Kingston and the Necro Butcher out, "Big Krush" came to their aid and stopped the assault.. Kingston had some choice words for Nana and company that will be seen the next edition of the ROH Videowire. As for Rasche, he contacted ROH officials this morning with a request. We'll have more on this as it unfolds.

- Former ROH World Champion Jerry Lynn returned to TV last weekend and picked right up on the trail of Kenny King. All hell broke loose when Lynn faced off with fellow [color:9b05=blue! important][color:9b05=blue! important]ECW-alumni, Steve Corino, and led to Lynn raining blows down on King. It appears as if that story is set to begin a new chapter.

- Now in stock and available for immediate shipping is SHIMMER Vol. 27 on DVD. This event features MsChif vs. Nikki Roxx for the SHIMMER Title; Ayako Hamada vs. Mercedez Martinez; LuFisto vs. Amazing Kong; Cheerleader Melissa vs. Nicole Matthews; Jessie McKay vs. Sara Del Rey; plus more. To order this DVD click here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/shoponline.asp?point=moreinfo&catid=252&id=3317.

- As announced yesterday at ROHWrestling.com, (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/article.aspx?id=3279) the upcoming event scheduled for April 9th in Boston, MA has been moved to September 10th. The show scheduled for April 10th in Edison, NJ has been canceled. We apologize to fans in both markets for the changes. Anybody holding tickets for the Edison event should email rohtickets@aol.com for refund information. We'll have more information on the Boston event shortly.

- ROH wishes to publicly thank each and every attendee that took part in the first ever ROH Tryout Camp and Seminar last Sunday at ROH Headquarters. Over 35 talents came from all over the country, and without question, the day's activities were a huge success. We look forward to seeing some of these attendees on live ROH events and television, and we are already in talks to hold a second seminar. We'll have details as they become available.
Back to top Go down

ROH News: March 9th Newswire
Page 1 of 1