Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Van Damme may be doing Double Impact 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Van Damme may be doing Double Impact 2 Empty
PostSubject: Van Damme may be doing Double Impact 2   Van Damme may be doing Double Impact 2 EmptyTue 22 Jun 2010, 9:27 pm

Jean-Claude Van Damme has had a good couple of years. Despite spending the majority of the decade in direct-to-DVD Hades (I've had to watch many of these efforts for a martial-arts magazine I write for. I won't say all of them have been bad, but there's only been a couple that were more entertaining than watching the timer on the DVD player tick by), the one-time king of martial-arts cinema recently made one helluva comeback with the critically acclaimed (!) "J.C.V.D" (if you haven't seen it, do so!) and followed it up with the surprisingly decent, "Universal Soldier : Regeneration". Now, I assume spurred on by the success of the latter, Van Damme might be considering returning to another of his earlier roles (plural).

The actor is keen to sequelize his 1991 hit, "Double Impact".

You'll recall that film told of twins (both played by Van Damme) who head to Hong Kong in search of their parents killer.

Sheldon Lettich, the film's writer/director (and also a top guy, according to some of the folks that have worked with him), tells fans on the Van Damme Fan website that ''It's not a done deal yet, but we've got a great notion for a story, and we both think we can pull it off as a movie.''

Lettich said in an earlier post that the "story that JC and I always talked about would begin with Chad getting in trouble with a Chinese Triad gang in Los Angeles (which has a huge Chinese population), and Alex having to come from Hong Kong to help him out. Alex, of course, would be a fish-out-of-water, bull-in-a-china-shop in L.A., kind of like Crocodile Dundee or like Jackie Chan in RH2."

Lettich says that because "the rights are all over the place" the project has been a little hard to get off the ground.

Hopefully this one happens - first one was a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Sticky!!
Sticky loves Mickie! Yo soy El Jefe!
Sticky loves Mickie! Yo soy El Jefe!
Sticky!!

Male
Number of posts : 4893
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Orton
Rey
Favorite WWE Diva : Mickie James
Maria
Favorite TNA Knockout : Christy Hemme
Tara

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Van Damme may be doing Double Impact 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Van Damme may be doing Double Impact 2   Van Damme may be doing Double Impact 2 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 12:01 am

Wha?! That's a random movie to bring back.
Back to top Go down

Van Damme may be doing Double Impact 2
Page 1 of 1