Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CHIKARA News: 2 Japanese Stars In Young Lions Cup!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

CHIKARA News: 2 Japanese Stars In Young Lions Cup! Empty
PostSubject: CHIKARA News: 2 Japanese Stars In Young Lions Cup!   CHIKARA News: 2 Japanese Stars In Young Lions Cup! EmptySat 03 Jul 2010, 4:05 pm

Continuing a theme that began earlier this year with their annual KING OF TRIOS tournament, the US-based CHIKARA promotion is slowly unveiling participants for their annual Young Lions Cup tournament…and at least 2 young Japanese stars will be invited! Teaser images on CHIKARA’s website indicate one representative from All-Japan and another from Dragon Gate will participate in this year’s event, scheduled for August 27-29 in Reading, PA. For thsoe unfamiliar with the tournament, here’s how it works: The Young Lions Cup is currently the only singles title in CHIKARA, and only wrestlers 25 and younger are eligible. The title is vacated every year before the tournament and the eventual tournament winner wins the Cup. It can then be challenged for and defended in CHIKARA like a regular title.

So who could the Japanese stars be? Based on the age rules, my research indicates these possible DG candidates: Akira Tozawa, Kzy, Kotoka, and maybe Pac. Takuya Tomakomai too, but I don’t know his age. For All-Japan, I’m fairly certain it will be Seiya Sanada. The only other eligible wrestler based on my research is Soshun, and he probably can’t go (injured).

More as it becomes available. For more on Young Lions Cup including other participants, keep checking the “Feature” page at CHIKARA’s website:
CHIKARA

Speaking of CHIKARA, don’t forget about Dragon Gate participation in their 7/25 event. so far there are 2 DG vs. CHIKARA matches set: Dragon Kid, Masaaki Mochizuki & CIMA vs. F.I.S.T. (Gran Akuma, Icarus, Chuck Taylor) and announced more recently was Mike Quackenbush, Hallowicked & Jigsaw vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino & BxB Hulk.
Back to top Go down

CHIKARA News: 2 Japanese Stars In Young Lions Cup!
Page 1 of 1