Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Current Plans For Season 3 Of WWE NXT

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female
Number of posts : 13288
Job/hobbies : Skelevangelist
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Tommy Dreamer
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Current Plans For Season 3 Of WWE NXT Empty
PostSubject: Current Plans For Season 3 Of WWE NXT   Current Plans For Season 3 Of WWE NXT EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 4:45 pm

The current plan for the third season of WWE’s NXT programme is to announce the participants at tonight’s WWE NXT/Smackdown tapings in Albany, NY. It is expected that 4 WWE Developmental Divas as well as 4 WWE Developmental Superstars will appear on the third season of NXT.

This season is expected to be shorter than usual, more so due to WWE Smackdown moving to SyFy (who currently air NXT) on 10/1. I have been told that the current plan is for this season to run anything between 6 – 12 weeks, with the company either moving the wrestler to RAW or Smackdown or featuring the show on WWE.com.

As part of the contract that WWE have with NBC, they can only show WWE NXT on WWE.com or another NBC-owned network.

[ www.ForceOfWrestling.com ]
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Current Plans For Season 3 Of WWE NXT   Current Plans For Season 3 Of WWE NXT EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 4:49 pm

Quote :
The plan is to introduce a third cast for NXT tonight during the "season finale", incorporating Rookie Divas into the mix as a way to potentially boost the final ratings. The series will leave SyFy on 10/1, giving them a little less than two months to build to another finale. There's talk of moving the show to WWE.com or incorporating it onto Raw and Smackdown if the company doesn't secure another home for it. Since WWE can only take the cable series to a home under the NBC-Universal umbrella, it's becoming quite the challenge for them.

As far as why SyFy is not retaining the series, it's a matter of the ratings. SyFy was originally sold on the ECW series in 2006 as being a stand alone property that would be exclusive to their network. The show brought in good ratings but eventually morphed into just another WWE style show and while there was good wrestling on it, it was hardly must-see television in comparison to Raw and Smackdown.

Feeling that they didn't get what was promised (and that the show wasn't the ECW they expected to get, I am told), SyFy met with WWE about dropping the series but Kevin Dunn (who was against the idea of bringing ECW back to begin with) pitched the reality aspect of NXT. I was told that SyFy signed off on it under the belief that the show would do better ratings than ECW had been doing, specifically based on Dunn's concept and pitch, as well as the idea that WWE "stars" as Pros would bring ratings.

As we all know, that wasn't the case and at times, the series dipped lower than the ECW series had been scoring in the ratings. When Smackdown was pitched to SyFy, the network saw it as their chance to bring in a WWE franchise that had done reasonably well on network television and anchor the network's Friday evenings.

However, with the addition of Smackdown, SyFy opted to drop NXT, feeling they would rather put their resources into a stronger series than something that didn't deliver what was initially promised by Kevin Dunn.

so its Kevin Dunns fault, fuck you Kevin Dunn
Back to top Go down
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
Number of posts : 5827
Job/hobbies : Animals, Wrestling, Country Music
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Edge
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : Lita
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Mr. Anderson
Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Daffney
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada
They keep getting rid of the good ones. :x
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Current Plans For Season 3 Of WWE NXT   Current Plans For Season 3 Of WWE NXT EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 4:51 pm

I enjoy NXT. I wonder which Divas will be brought in for the new cast. I hope divas Like Gail, Alicia, Jillian, Nattie get to be pros since they arent used as much.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/janineem82
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Current Plans For Season 3 Of WWE NXT   Current Plans For Season 3 Of WWE NXT EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 4:55 pm

Fuck this shit! WWE.com? I have no interest in watching the shit online.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Current Plans For Season 3 Of WWE NXT   Current Plans For Season 3 Of WWE NXT EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 4:59 pm

that's the main reason i forget all about Eve winning the diva search..the season she was on was all on wwe.com so i didnt bother to kep up with it.

the "forgotten" diva search
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current Plans For Season 3 Of WWE NXT   Current Plans For Season 3 Of WWE NXT Empty

Back to top Go down

Current Plans For Season 3 Of WWE NXT
Page 1 of 1