Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers

Go down 
+4
The Sexy Vixen
Shimmer Mark
X
KTV-Time
8 posters
AuthorMessage
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers Empty
PostSubject: Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers   Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers EmptySat 23 Oct 2010, 7:34 am

Even if Tazz makes the most awfull remark on the Knockouts at times, nothing gets worse then what the WWE Announcers does on Raw, NXT & Smackdown, mostly Matt Striker and especially Michael Cole.

Watching that bore-fest LayCool vs. Natalya/Kelly, their remarks was out of line.

Michael Cole: Oh, i thought i was watching NXT on tuesday night (One of their main beating bag)

Matt Striker: Kelly Kelly just stood there on the ring apron, and looked good doing it.

I'm sorry but how is this supposed to help their women, even if Todd & Josh Matthews try, they can't manage to overcopme stiker and cole.

Monday nights are worse, you have The King who is known for this and then they add Cole as well.

Don't get me wrong NXT is flipping horrible but it is their job to make that as less relevant as possible. They DON'T do that.

Women have always had a hard time in wrestling and making remarks like that doesn't help them at all.

Their talent are already shitty and then having their announcers publicly humiliate them as well, won't do them any favors.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers   Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers EmptySat 23 Oct 2010, 9:05 am

I agree. But giving credit to Matt Striker, his the only commentator who actually makes references to their in ring skills and not just their looks. I remember when I think it was Josh Matthews or Striker talking about McCool's athletism and someone else said "your noticing that? I'm noticing other things..."

I didn't mind when Jerry did it because it was in his character to be a jigolo and therefore he continued playing it. But Michael Cole's comments annoy me (especially that NXT 1).
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers   Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers EmptySat 23 Oct 2010, 9:52 am

When I was watching the most recent episode of NXT, I was thinking the same thing about the announce team. During the Kaitlyn/Maxine match, everyone knew the match was poor quality. I expect the announcers to at least try to give it some positive spin, but Cole was a complete jerk talking about how it sucked and how he was so bored.

I guess I just don't understand the purpose of the announcers anymore. dunno
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers   Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers EmptySat 23 Oct 2010, 2:34 pm

Cole sucks.

simple as.

I'm starting to enjoy striker more.

and i agree, if a match sucks typically announcers are supposed to make it somewhat positive. I recall many times when there were blatant botches in Raw diva matchs and JR covered it up as well as he could. I miss JR. Teary Eyed
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers   Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers EmptySat 23 Oct 2010, 2:46 pm

That's why I watch with the sound off, I understand cole is suppose to be heel, but that shit ain't entertaining at all, it's completely uncalled for. Most of the time I feel like turning the channel, because they do that shit during the entire show.
Back to top Go down
Eat-Defeat
Opener
Eat-Defeat

Male
Number of posts : 134
Favorite WWE Diva : .
Registration date : 2010-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers   Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers EmptySat 23 Oct 2010, 7:06 pm

Striker does a much better job of trying to get things over than Lawler (or LOL'er) does these days.

At Hell In A Cell Striker called Daniel Bryan's move by it's correct name: Cattle Mutilation. King then eagerly said "Look that up in the dictionary and it will say Striker's Commentary". Only in WWE will you be ridiculed for learning the business. King has lost his touch. Also at the same event Striker used the phrase "Cutting the head off the snake" to describe Nexus' motives for targeting John Cena. King then replied "So the WWE is a snake?" After that I was just SMFH!

Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers   Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 1:00 am

"Rated X Property" wrote:
That's why I watch with the sound off, I understand cole is suppose to be heel, but that shit ain't entertaining at all, it's completely uncalled for. Most of the time I feel like turning the channel, because they do that shit during the entire show.

i turn the sound off too, i hate when they do that
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers   Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 3:54 am

For whatever reason, you all are still watching....
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers   Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 3:57 am

because I like wrestling, but the commentary as of late has been horrible and unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers   Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 4:03 am

Well, the business has been in a rut for the last few years. It's only going to get progressively worse. :P

Last edited by Jordan H. on Sun 24 Oct 2010, 4:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers   Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 4:04 am

commentary isnt a necessity anyway.

now that Cole is on SD fucking shit up i cant even enjoy Striker's lame *facepalm* jokes anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers   Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers Empty

Back to top Go down

Adding Insult to Injury? The WWE Announcers
Page 1 of 1