Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Title, Release Date for Muppet Movie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

New Title, Release Date for Muppet Movie Empty
PostSubject: New Title, Release Date for Muppet Movie   New Title, Release Date for Muppet Movie EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 3:43 pm

The new Muppet movie, written by Nick Stoller and Jason Segel (who also stars), has been slapped with a new title : “The Muppets Movie”.It works… because it says ‘hey! I’m the official sequel to the Muppet Movie – the original one, the good one’. I think so, anyway.In addition to giving it a title (it was at one stage going to be called “The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made”) the film, which also stars Amy Adams, Chris Cooper, Rashida Jones and Zach Galifianakis, has been moved from a Christmas 2011 release to a Thanksgiving 2011 date.“Disney has had incredible success opening films over the Thanksgiving weekend, and thanks to Tangled, we have the top three Thanksgiving openers of all time,” said Chuck Viane, president of global distribution for Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. “I have spoken with The Muppets, and we all agreed this comedy is a great fit for the holiday 2011 time frame.”The new film has The Muppets regrouping to save their legendary theatre from an evil oil tycoon.There was talk that Paul Rudd might be voicing the character of ‘Walter’, the hand puppet who Segel’s character kicks about with, but the actor responded to the claims this week saying that no, he won’t be involved. That’s disappointing.
Back to top Go down

New Title, Release Date for Muppet Movie
Page 1 of 1