Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Empty
PostSubject: 20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011   20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 4:02 pm

1. Game of DeathStars Wesley Snipes, Gary Daniels, Zoe Bell, Robert DaviWhat is it? One of Snipes’ last flicks before the gavel came down and he was shipped off to shower with a 200-pound gorilla named ‘Tiny’. In this one, he again plays the hero – when he should be playing the villain (I know you “New Jack City” and “Demolition Man” fans agree) – a special-ops agent assigned the task of bringing down “Expendables” rogue Gary Daniels, who is running a very lucrative arms dealership.20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Kingdvd2. In the Name of the King 2Stars Dolph LundgrenWhat is it? A Uwe Boll film. Does Lundgren really need to do this? Particuarly with “The Expendables 2” gearing up? You know the bits of yellow soap you see sitting at the bottom of the urinal in public restrooms? They’re Uwe Boll films. We like to piss on them. This one stars Lundgren as a guy who travels back in time to do… something. Let me know what it’s like, because I won’t be checking it out.20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Unisoldvd3. Universal Soldier 4 : A New DimensionStars Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dolph LundgrenWhat is it? The follow-up to last year’s surprisingly decent ‘’Universal Soldier : Regeneration’’, with John Hyams back behind the megaphone, and both Van Damme and Lundgren [somehow] resurrected to play another game of throw the robot. There’s talk of this one being released in 3D, but I think they’d be wasting their money there… nobody’s really that crazy about watching 3D films at home yet, unless of course it’s “Barb Wire 3D”… and they’ve yet to announce that.20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Weapondvd4. WeaponStars Jean-Claude Van Damme, Scott Adkins, Kevin ChapmanWhat is it? Apparently it’s a pretty decent two-hander with Van Damme and Adkins (“X-Men Origins : Wolverine”) playing tough guys, both skilled in different weaponry, who team up to take down a drug cartel. At one stage this was planned as a Van Damme/Steven Seagal vehicle which would’ve been fun. Just one question : If both these guys are considered lethal weapons, and both encompass their own arsenal, then shouldn’t the film be titled “Weapons”?20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Bloodoutdvd5. Blood OutStars Val Kilmer, Luke Goss, 50 CentWhat is it? Luke Goss (‘’Death Race 2’’) says his performance here is the one he’s most proud of. Considering Goss is normally pretty good in most films, that warrants this one worth a watch me thinks. This one tells of a small town sheriff who, appalled at the job the authorities are doing trying to catch his brother’s killer, takes matters into his own hands. Val Kilmer, 50 Cent and Vinnie Jones also star. I don’t think much of the title… reminds me too much of “Blood in, Blood Out”.20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Catsdvd6. Cats Dancing on JupiterStars Richard Grieco, Amanda Righetti, Jonathan Bennett, Keith Coogan, Billy WirthWhat is it? 80’s icon – the king of “21 Jump Street”! – Richard Grieco makes his welcome return to film in this fun-sounding thriller about a group of women who, abused as kids, decide to take revenge on any bloke that crosses their paths. “Friday the 13th” hottie Amanda Righetti and “Dukes of Hazzard : The Beginning” muscle Jonathan Bennett also star. They might have to add a disclaimer to the start of the film though : Sorry kids, no tap-dancing moggies in this one.20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Guidodvd7. GuidoStars : Silvana Warnes, Jack Dimich, Gary Busey, Billy ZaneWhat is it? : Here’s how I imagine the pitch went : “Dude, get this – an Iraqi hitman has got to lug a dead corpse across the country. On his travels he meets Gary Busey, Billy Zane and Armand Assante. So whaddya say? Can I borrow your camera or not!?” In all honesty… I’m sold. The sizzle reel looks fun.20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Lostmedalliondvd8. The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy StoneStars Mark DacascosWhat is it? : One-time ‘Crow’ Dacascos stars in this adventure pic about an archeologist who, with his young son, is on the hunt for some kind of treasured medallion. Yeah, I know, sounds shit… but wouldn’t it be funny if it’s better than “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”? (Granted, that’s not a hard feat).20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Marleydvd9. Marley & Me 2 : The Puppy Years
Stars Travis Turner, Donelly RhodesWhat is it?: Can keep good, dead dog down. Though in all fairness, I’m assuming this is a prequel to the Owen Wilson/Jennifer Aniston movie or possibly even a spin-off… about a dog who also just happens to be named Marley. Whatever the case, no Wilson or Aniston but there is a dog in it. A couple apparently.20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Tonytodd10. A Night at the Silent Movie TheaterStars : Ethan Phillips, Christopher Showerman, Phil La Marr, Tony Todd, Al WhiteWhat is it? A comedy, directed by ‘’Star Trek’’ alum Tim Russ, about a wannabe musician who, stuck in a dead-end job, longs to be a superstar. Muscleman Christopher Showerman joins Candyman’s Tony Todd, “Star Trek : Voyager”’s Ethan Phillips, and always-employed voice-over vet Phil La Marr for the flick. I don’t quite know where the ‘silent movie theatre’ comes into it, but I guess I’ll find out.20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Sking11. Scorpion King 3Stars : Victor Webster, Ron Perlman, Billy ZaneWhat is it? : Second sequel to the Dwayne Johnson starrer, this time with Webster (of “Melrose Place” and “Mutant X” fame) filling the skirt and Thailand providing the sand. This one is set between the events of that first movie and the last film so no, Brendan Fraser won’t be cameoing (not that he would; he won’t get off his ass to fetch someone a glass of water for less than two grand). Directing is Roel Reine, who helmed the pleasing ‘’Death Race 2,’’ so this should be worth a watch. Big year for Billy Zane next year – he has this, and also “Sniper : Reloaded” coming out. Get excited. Get very excited.20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Theresidentdvd12. The ResidentStars : Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Hilary SwankWhat is it? : A Hammer Films horror flick that, up until recently, was always envisioned to get a theatrical bow – weird huh!? That mean it sucks? Not necessarily… could just be a hard sell… or maybe it just doesn’t have any 3D gimmickry to entire exhibitors with. The film, about a young woman whose landlord takes an unsettling liking to her, stars Oscar Winner Hilary Swank and ‘’Watchmen’’ muscle Jeffrey Dean Morgan.20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Corndvd13. Children of the Corn : The DwellerStars : Barbara Nedeljakova, Billy DragoWhat is it? A direct-to-video ‘’Children of the Corn’’ movie that Dimension films essentially only made so that they could retain the rights to the series – good excuse as any, I suppose. Directed by genre vet Joel Soisson, the small-screen spookfest centers on a couple who, upon breaking down in the middle of nowhere, encounter a couple… and their weird little boy (I think that’s ‘Corn’ kid, not one of those beautified puppets that are involuntarily entered into beauty pageants).20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Hellraiserdvd14. Hellraiser : RevelationsStars : Steven Brand, Nick EversmanWhat is it? : Um, the first ‘’Hellraiser’’ movie ever not to feature series star Doug Bradley! Unsettling, right!? Still, Cenobite-buffs will probably eat this up like a zombie does bruised flesh. Despite the no-name cast, and rumours that the film’s budget didn’t exceed $350k (That’s about the cost of a weekly mortgage payment here at the Moviehole office), Victor Garcia (of “Return to House on Haunted Hill”) is behind-the-camera, so it’s likely going to be worth a peek. Check in the mail Vic?20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Gallowalker15. GallowalkerStars : Wesley Snipes, Tanit PhoenixWhat is it? : Another pre-jail flick for Mr. Wesley Snipes. This one’s a zombie western with Snipes playing an obliterator of the undead who takes a new zombie-killer under his wing. The adorable Tanit Phoenix (“Death Race 2”) co-stars. It was recently announced that Snipes wasn’t available to do the film’s opening narration so a sound-a-like was hired (Just waiting for Carrot Top to announce his anointment to the film on the official website).20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Almightythordvd16. Almighty ThorStars : Cody Deal, Richard Grieco, Kevin NashWhat is it? : The Asylum’s attempt at a “Thor” movie, timed to coincide with the release of Marvel’s much, much, much more expensive film of the same subject. This one stars newcomer Deal as the Norse God, Grieco as Loki, and wrestler Nash as Odin.20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Meangirlsdvd17. Mean Girls 2Stars : Jennifer Stone, Meaghan Martin, Tim MeadowsWhat is it? : A sequel to the Lindsay Lohan film… without Lindsay Lohan. Or Tina Fey. Or Rachel McAdams. Oh, but Tim Meadows is back! How cool is… yeah, Okay.. no need to sell it. The story revolves around a new high school student, Jo (Meaghan Martin) , who agrees to befriend an outcast, Abby (Jennifer Stone), at the urging of Abby’s wealthy father in exchange for paying all of Jo’s costs for the college of her dreams. Jo and Abby team up to take on the school’s mean girls, the Plastics.20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Bluecrush218. Blue Crush 2Stars : Sharni VinsonWhat is it? : A direct-to-video sequel to the surfer-girl flick starring Kate Bosworth and Michelle Rodriguez. Due to pecuniary reasons, both Bosworth and Rodriguez opted out of this one; riding the waves are talented newcomers Sharni Vinson, Ben Milliken and Sasha Jackson. Should be enough bikini-clad women around to ensure we get wet.20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Neverbackdown219. Never Back Down 2Stars : Dean Geyer, Michael Jai White, Evan PetersWhat is it? : Sequel to a rather sudsy, slap-happy ‘’Karate Kid’’ knock-off from a couple of years back. Points right off the back for this one as dexterous martial-arts superstar Michael Jai White serves as both director, co-star and stunt choreographer on it. It might still be cheesy, but at least the fight sequences should pack a little more punch than a Punch n’ Judy doll. Might be the “Undisputed II” to the original’s “Undisputed” (and only fans of that franchise will know what I’m on about there).20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Paranormalthumb20. Paranormal WhacktivityStars : Theresa June Tao, Sasha FormosoWhat is it? : Does the title not give it away? It’s a piss-take of Oren Peli’s hugely successfully found-footage movie from a couple of years back. In it, a couple who have just moved into their new home find themselves interrupted by a ghost whenever they try to have sex. So whack.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: 20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011   20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 4:14 am

yea i can see why a lot of those are going straight to dvd.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: 20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011   20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 6:06 am

I was expecting to see a WWE film listed because their movies are bloody awful.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: 20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011   20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010, 2:44 pm

See No Evil wasnt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011   20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

20 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming in 2011
Page 1 of 1