Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live

Go down 
+2
King Silva
Dead
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live Empty
PostSubject: Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live   Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live EmptyThu 10 Feb 2011, 10:22 pm

By Mike Fahey

Julias Jackson is an 11-year-old boy living with autism, whose only real social interaction comes from playing online multiplayer games on Xbox Live, an activity that became more difficult when the Xbox Live team labeled him a cheater.

Autism is a neural development disorder that is often associated with a lack of social and communication skills and a habit of participating in repetitive behavior. The disorder changes the way the brain processes information, altering the way nerve cells and synapses come together. Sometimes this reorganization can lead to a person with autism excelling at certain tasks, like video games.

Julias' mother, Jennifer Zdenek, says that the boy is a particularly gifted gamer, often mastering games in three to four days, while using what I feel I should point out is the dirtiest Xbox 360 controller I've ever seen. Dirty controller or not, Julias managed to rack himself up an impressive little gamerscore.

Last week Julias logged on to play and his gamerscore was gone, and under his name was the label "Cheater". Apparently he's so good at games that Xbox Live believes he's using external aid to help him win.

His mother was understandably furious. She called and emailed Xbox Live, receiving the following email message no less than three times.

"The only actions that we take are to correct the player's current
Gamerscore, and to label the player as a "cheater." This label can be
observed on Xbox.com and through the player's view of their Gamercard on a console or computer that is connected to Xbox LIVE. The player can still legitimately gain future achievements. The player's experience does not change in any other way."

Future achievements can be gained, yes, but the experience definitely changes every time someone sees that label lurking beneath Julias' gamertag.

His mother will keep trying to get the error fixed, but if Xbox Live doesn't come through soon she's considering canceling Julias' account, cutting off one of the autistic boy's only social outlets.

We've reached out to the Xbox Live team regarding this story, and are currently awaiting a response. We'll update the post once that response is received.

Update: Microsoft does not negotiate with cheaters. The Live Team's response:

"Gamerscore resets are done when cheating is detected to keep LIVE fun, fair and safe for everyone. We only do them when we are 100% confident that cheating has occurred, and they are not something that can be appealed.

Details can be found here - http://www.xbox.com/Live/Cheating.

Looks like the tag stays.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live   Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live EmptyThu 10 Feb 2011, 10:26 pm

How does the mom know he didn't cheat?

But yeah that sucks if he is innocent.

I don't know how you prove it to them since they don't see into your house when you play the game..
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live   Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live EmptyThu 10 Feb 2011, 10:49 pm

So what was his score?
Back to top Go down
Jackson
Lower Midcarder

Male
Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live   Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live EmptyThu 10 Feb 2011, 11:16 pm

I guess video games are serious business.
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live   Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live EmptyFri 11 Feb 2011, 9:05 am

I can understand why Xbox Live labeled him a cheater, if he was repetitive in his actions, but seeing as thats how an autistic mind works, Xbox are at fault here.

The only problem here is that Xbox don't look at the person, they look at what they've done on Xbox.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live   Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 4:51 am

it was revealed that he DID cheat, and his mom covered up for him. so yeah
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live   Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 6:28 am

yEAH, hE HAD OUT SIDE HELP FROM SOMEONE else. That little fucker! lol.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live   Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 11:24 am

what a great mother, teaching her child to Lie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live   Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live Empty

Back to top Go down

Autistic Boy Branded A Cheater By Xbox Live
Page 1 of 1