Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

thoughts going into WrestleMania

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

thoughts going into WrestleMania Empty
PostSubject: thoughts going into WrestleMania   thoughts going into WrestleMania EmptySat 12 Feb 2011, 12:17 am

last year of course was a big trainwreck for the divas. WWE wants to make sure all the divas get a share of the WrestleMania pay rise so they try to feature as many of them on the show as possible (hence the lumberjill matches at 23 and 24 as well as the 25 diva battle royal). last year they had only one feud going on involving the divas and that was Beth's face turn. Maryse had just won the Divas title back and they were in the process of building Eve up when Mania just kinda snowballed everything. thus they shoved all the divas into a pointless tag match

this year however looks to be a bit more promising for the divas. first of all the angle with Daniel Bryan and the Bellas. Bryan will most definitely be at Mania and if he is then Gail will be as well (if not wrestling then as his valet - one diva sorted). the angle with the Bellas should either culminate in some sort of mixed tag match at Mania or them managing some heel to challenge for the US title so chances are the Bellas will be at Mania (three divas sorted).
then there's Maryse and Ted DiBiase. if they plan on keeping them together or if they're going to pair her up with another midcard wrestler, chances are it'll be one of the MITB participants and Maryse may be at ringside for the match. it's a long shot but she got involved in the last one she was in and it could be a good Mania moment. if she is there at ringside then that's four divas sorted.
next up is Kelly Kelly and Vickie Guerrero. Kelly is arguably the most over diva on the roster right now and she's gotten a huge rub recently being involved in a storyline with the World champion. if they carry the Edge/Ziggler angle all the way to WrestleMania (not likely given Del Rio is the Rumble winner) then having Kelly make her return by interfering in the match is likely. if she isn't in that angle then they seem to be carrying on this story with Drew McIntyre so if she's on the show she'll probably be involved in a segment with him. that's five divas sorted without even having an actual match (unless Gail vs the Bellas does happen)
finally there is the break up of LayCool. they seem to be pulling the trigger on it and it should definitely happen at Mania. LayCool have been at the top of the women's division for the last year and have been one of the biggest diva alliances ever. if there's any match that is worthy of being at Mania it is Layla vs Michelle. the fans love Layla so turning her face in the break up could add in some extra interest to it.
finally there is the Divas' title. at the two Manias where we had two women's titles WWE might not have felt the need to have one title match if the other title wasn't being defended either so now that there's just one title again, it's more likely that we could get a title match this year. the Divas' title has never been defended at Mania so it has to debut some time. if WWE doesn't want to have two women's matches then they could merge it with the LayCool feud and make it a triple threat like they did with Legacy last year. tease tension between LayCool before Mania then have them turn on each other properly during the match. if that's the case then Eve should retain and LayCool can have their blow-off match at Extreme Rules instead

so there we have it. there are several divas being featured in separate storylines outside of the women's division so that does cut out a lot of the riff-raff. of course that does leave Beth, Melina, Nattie and Alicia off the card but i suppose a backstage segment could be done for them. if Santino and Kozlov are still tag champs then Tamina of course will be with them so she's fine. then there is the possibility of Awesome Kong debuting at Mania. if WWE were gutsy enough they'd debut her beforehand and have her first match against Beth at Mania in addition to the triple threat Divas' title match. another idea is to have her debut at Mania and just destroy the Divas' title match to make it a no-contest. any other thoughts?
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: thoughts going into WrestleMania   thoughts going into WrestleMania EmptySat 12 Feb 2011, 1:23 am

The way i see it.....all the fueds will lead into one clustered match to save time....done deal.
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: thoughts going into WrestleMania   thoughts going into WrestleMania EmptySat 12 Feb 2011, 1:25 am

Wrestlemania has been horrible for years now. I don't expect anything but pure garbage.
Back to top Go down
Chloe
Main Eventer
Chloe

Female
Number of posts : 587
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Randy Orton

The Hart Dynasty

Christian
Favorite WWE Diva : Natalya

Beth Phoenix

Maryse

Aksana
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love

Daffney

Hamada
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: thoughts going into WrestleMania   thoughts going into WrestleMania EmptySat 12 Feb 2011, 4:56 am

I'm another one whose expectations are really low for Mania. Anything other than a clusterfuck will be a great surprise. Gotta feeling it might be a lumberjill match with two members of Laycool facing each other.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: thoughts going into WrestleMania   thoughts going into WrestleMania EmptySat 12 Feb 2011, 5:09 am

I don't expect much at all either.

I've been disappointed since WM 22 so yeah no need to get hopes up although they could do so much..

I think the safest bet to get all the divas a paycheck is a Diva's Title battle royal.

All the feuds for the divas could kinda advance in the battle royal.

Gail eliminates Bellas, Layla/McCool eliminate each other, Kong debuts [?], Natalya and Beth get some action against each other etc

I wouldn't mind that too much and if it had someone good winning the belt like: Kong, Gail, or Beth I'd be happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thoughts going into WrestleMania   thoughts going into WrestleMania Empty

Back to top Go down

thoughts going into WrestleMania
Page 1 of 1