Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a thought..

Go down 
+4
Paul Wyatt
Angelus
Dead
The Sexy Vixen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Just a thought.. Empty
PostSubject: Just a thought..   Just a thought.. EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 3:10 pm

About 3 weeks prior to TNA's Against All Odds ppv, the group Fortune (AJ styles, Beer Money & Kazarian) all turned face. AJ then cut a promo basically similar to what the Rock did Monday. He called out Bischoff & Hogan...saying how they ruined TNA....put all the old guys in...outshined the young talent..etc etc. Basically all the stuff us in the IWC complain about.

So on Monday night we see the Rock basically do the same thing with WWE. Calls out Cena and this new "PG era"...implying it sucks compared to the attitude Era (which I agree with, it does, imo)

Do you think WWE only contacted The Rock and allowed him to cut such a promo due to what happened in TNA?

and before people comes in to complain. I'm not saying WWE ONLY does stories/angles in response to TNA. We all know Vince doesnt even see TNA as a threat...because they honestly arent. I'm just asking do you think it's a slight possibility someone saw what happened in TNA and thought "that could work in WWE..and help hype WM" thus leading to WWE contacting the Rock and him cutting that nice promo on Monday night.

In the end, WWE's portrayal of such an angle (like when Miz was feuding with Cena) is bound to be way more successful than TNA's. No doubt about that.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Just a thought.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought..   Just a thought.. EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 3:17 pm

no, Rock cutting a promo on Cena stems from those interviews where Cena was talking shit about him
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Just a thought.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought..   Just a thought.. EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 3:18 pm

I doubt this was really a reponse to tna as McMahon wants to bring people into wrestlemania and make them buy it. I mean the ppv for wwe been down alot latly so he is probably hoping to catch some of the old fans and make them buy it. I heard though why the talent and alot of people don't take tna serious. I heard Vince always considers and takes tna serious. which could of been part of the booker t and kevin nash signing to screw up there angle earlier. I mean I doubt this was a direct reponse to that tna angle though.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,

Just a thought.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought..   Just a thought.. EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 3:21 pm

Dead wrote:
no, Rock cutting a promo on Cena stems from those interviews where Cena was talking shit about him

so Dead you dont think WWE writers scripted Rock's promo monday?

I'm not implying they did, i'm really just asking if you think so.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

Just a thought.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought..   Just a thought.. EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 3:33 pm

The Sexy Vixen wrote:
Dead wrote:

so Dead you dont think WWE writers scripted Rock's promo monday?

I'm not implying they did, i'm really just asking if you think so.

honestly? i dont think so...i think they told him he could say whatever he wanted as long as it stayed PG. you dont run Raw over by 20 minutes just for him to do a scripted promo
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345

Just a thought.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought..   Just a thought.. EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 3:37 pm

I would have to agree with that I think the Rock is in a list of people who probably don't need writers to write the stuff for them to cut a promo he always been good on the mic.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

Just a thought.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought..   Just a thought.. EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 3:38 pm

Yeah i'm not saying he isnt talented on the mic, just if the material he talked about was scripted.

both you made a good point Dead. I did notice it was like 11:15 and Raw was still on. That's rare. usually it cuts right off at 11:05 lol
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

Just a thought.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought..   Just a thought.. EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 3:39 pm

it went off air for me at like 20 after...i was like what lol
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

Just a thought.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought..   Just a thought.. EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 3:40 pm

Same for me. like wtf?
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Just a thought.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought..   Just a thought.. EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 4:05 pm

I think Dead could be onto something with his first post.

For years, Cena has been taking backhanded shots at The Rock for his choice of leaving wrestling for Hollywood because he wrestles, makes (crappy) movies, (crappy) music all at once.
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Just a thought.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought..   Just a thought.. EmptyThu 17 Feb 2011, 1:36 am

I don't think so. I think Rocky was speaking on how he really felt (Cena and indirectly, the G Era) with a mix of scripted direction (the Cole bit and WM advertisement)
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

Just a thought.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought..   Just a thought.. EmptyThu 17 Feb 2011, 4:35 am

Its so pathetic that AJ has turned ONCE AGAIN. He has lost all credibility as a character IMO.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

Just a thought.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought..   Just a thought.. EmptyThu 17 Feb 2011, 5:49 am

tbh AJ, Kaz, Beer Money should be wrestling each other and main event TNA isntead of wrestling a bunch of retired ass mofo's
Back to top Go down
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male
Number of posts : 466
Favorite WWE Wrestler : The Undertaker, Triple H, R-Truth, Booker T, Teddy Long, CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : 'Kharma', Kelly Kelly, Maryse
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Brother Devon, A.J. Styles, Beer Money Inc, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Angelina Love, So Cal Val, Daffney...
Registration date : 2011-02-02

Just a thought.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought..   Just a thought.. EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 3:52 pm

Regardless of everything else, when people in WWE claim that they don't view TNA as competition, that's just a load of crap. Perfect example: TNA had planned this huge event for their very first Monday night Impact, which I expected to blow Raw out of the water in the ratings, and they suddenly decide to have Bret Hart come back on the same night? I've never believed in coincidences, and I still don't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just a thought.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought..   Just a thought.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a thought..
Page 1 of 1