Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should people go to jail for having an affair?

Go down 
+3
REIGNBOW
The Sexy Vixen
Venom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female
Number of posts : 13288
Job/hobbies : Skelevangelist
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Tommy Dreamer
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Should people go to jail for having an affair? Empty
PostSubject: Should people go to jail for having an affair?   Should people go to jail for having an affair? EmptySun 27 Mar 2011, 5:25 pm

Should extra-marital affairs and premarital sex be illegal activities? According to one conservative in Alaska who is being appointed to nominate state judges, yes, and many wonder how those extreme views would color the candidates he would approve.

Via Anchorage Daily News:
Quote :
Gov. Sean Parnell's appointee for the panel that nominates state judges testified Wednesday that he would like to see Alaskans prosecuted for having sex outside of marriage.

The candidate, Don Haase of Valdez, also admitted under questioning by members of the Senate Judiciary Committee that his official resume failed to disclose his leadership role in Eagle Forum Alaska, which advocates for social conservative issues. He most recently was president of the organization, but resigned when he learned of his nomination, he said.

One blog post on the Eagle Forum Alaska site praised efforts at criminalizing adultery in Michigan, and Paskvan asked Haase if he thought it should be a felony in Alaska.

"I don't see that that would rise to the level of a felony," Haase said.

Paskvan: "Do you believe it should be a crime?"

Haase: "Yeah, I think it's very harmful to have extramarital affairs. It's harmful to children, it's harmful to the spouse who entered a legally binding agreement to marry the person that's cheating on them."

Paskvan: "What about premarital affairs -- should that be a crime?"

Haase: "I think that would be up to the voters certainly. If it came before (the state) as a vote, I probably would vote for it ... I can see where it would be a matter for the state to be involved with because of the spread of disease and the likelihood that it would cause violence. I can see legitimate reasons to push that as a crime."

Haase states that trying to actually change laws via the panel would be a "very convoluted" path to take, and that his personal views really wouldn't have much effect on which candidates he chose to instate as judges. However, the Eagle Forum itself discusses how important being able to choose judges is in creating the sort of society they want, and how the judiciary is actually becoming the "strongest" of the three branches of government.

Quote :
The Founding Fathers designed the judiciary to be the weakest of the three branches of government. But supremacist judges over the last half century have expanded the judiciary into the most powerful branch of government, making policy decisions on the most vital and controversial issues of the day.

Should Haase end up in the position, there is no doubt that it would be used to move the judiciary as far to the right as is possible, and that the repercussions would be felt throughout the state.

Source

Do you agree with this?

Or do you think affairs are none of the government's business?
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Should people go to jail for having an affair?   Should people go to jail for having an affair? EmptySun 27 Mar 2011, 5:35 pm

Our Prisons are already crazy overcrowded and this fool wants to fill them up even more? Who is going to pay to feed all these inmates? The taxpayers, right?

Fuck that...

if people want to screw around while married, that's their business...no one else's
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should people go to jail for having an affair?   Should people go to jail for having an affair? EmptySun 27 Mar 2011, 5:40 pm

^ That was my first thought too.

The US prisons can hardly handle what they have.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Should people go to jail for having an affair?   Should people go to jail for having an affair? EmptySun 27 Mar 2011, 5:43 pm

yeah in the end the taxpayers will be stuck paying for this, which isnt fair. Why must we pay for the guys and gals out there who cant keep it in their pants lol

if this was ever up for a vote i'd vote no so fast lol it sucks to get cheated on but it's not the government's business who is sleeping around with who.

Last edited by The Sexy Vixen on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
REIGNBOW
World Champion
World Champion
REIGNBOW

Female
Number of posts : 1692
Job/hobbies : Being the person you all love :)
dolph ziggler
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes

Favorite WWE Diva : paige
Layla El
Rosa Mendes
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Alex Shelley
Austin Aries
Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke Tessmacher
Rosita

Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Should people go to jail for having an affair?   Should people go to jail for having an affair? EmptySun 27 Mar 2011, 5:46 pm

No, wtf this aint the scarlett letter, nooo, its peoples bizz get the hell over it america.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should people go to jail for having an affair?   Should people go to jail for having an affair? EmptySun 27 Mar 2011, 5:47 pm

Yeah, seriously.

If every affair turned into a damn court case nothing important would ever go through. It's hard enough as it is.
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Should people go to jail for having an affair?   Should people go to jail for having an affair? EmptySun 27 Mar 2011, 5:50 pm

No, they shouldn't. Sex is a personal experience that the governemnt shouldn't be getting involved in, even if it adulterus sex.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Should people go to jail for having an affair?   Should people go to jail for having an affair? EmptySun 27 Mar 2011, 7:26 pm

That is a bad idea.

I don't think it is the governments role to be in people's personal business like that.

There are more important issues.

Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Should people go to jail for having an affair?   Should people go to jail for having an affair? EmptySun 27 Mar 2011, 7:36 pm

I don't give fuck what other people are doing with their no no parts. This is what's wrong with the world now everyone is so caught up in what the next person is doing instead of worrying about their own damn self.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Should people go to jail for having an affair?   Should people go to jail for having an affair? EmptySun 27 Mar 2011, 8:14 pm

I don't agree with that at all. What I will say though is if you're going to have an affair, you probably shouldn't be married. Sure, people make mistakes, but if you're going to have an affair... marriage isn't for you.

Some of those conservative types who say such ridiculous things cheat out their spouses just like other people, so they need to knock it off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should people go to jail for having an affair?   Should people go to jail for having an affair? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should people go to jail for having an affair?
Page 1 of 1