Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening!

Go down 
+4
KTV-Time
WarGreymon77
Paul Wyatt
King Silva
8 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening! Empty
PostSubject: Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening!   Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening! EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 1:14 am

As many of you may now know, the top story on the internet today is the fact that Randy Orton defeated Christian at the Smackdown taping last night to become the new World Heavyweight Champion.

After speaking to several key WWE insiders, WrestleZone can now provide details behind why WWE decided to book this major title change just days after Christian won the title at Extreme Rules.

To begin with, as we exclusively reported several days ago, Randy Orton is set to become the focal point of the Smackdown brand, and the entire Friday night show will be centered around him from both a marketing and creative standpoint. Orton's position on Smackdown can be compared to John Cena's position on Raw, as WWE looks at both talents as the creative centers of their respective brands.

Additionally, we were told that Christian's title win at Extreme Rules was done not so much as a "well deserved win for Christian," but much more so that a big moment could be made for Edge at the PPV. "Vince [McMahon] could smell, touch and taste a moment between Edge and Christian celebrating on PPV, and that's the major reason why Christian was awarded the title." This dispels any conspiracy theories that Christian was awarded the title to keep it on Smackdown, as we were told it would have been very easy for WWE to throw a third party into the Extreme Rules match which would have kept the title off Christian and still on Smackdown.

As to the question of why WWE stripped Christian of the title so shortly after his win at Extreme Rules, WZ was told that no one in WWE with any kind of influence values Christian as a top money draw for the company. Christian is well liked, and is considered, as we were told, "a reliable hand," but when it comes to being a top player in WWE, Vince McMahon has absolutely no faith in him.

Brian Gewirtz, who is the head writer on Raw, and also oversees the entire writing staff in general, which means he does have influence on the direction of Smackdown, is said to be a big supporter of Christian, but other than him, there appears to be no other members of WWE's top brass that consider Christian to be a major player. And yet, we're told by our key WWE insider that even Gewirtz wouldn't speak up for Christian as a top draw. "Brian knows Christian is a very entertaining wrestler," we were told, "but even he knows Christian should not be the number one guy on either brand."

As we said, however, Christian is still considered to be a quality worker and a reliable hand for WWE, and we were even told that a possible producer/agent position might be available for him when his wrestling days are over, but as far as Christian ever working at the top of a WWE brand, that seems to be a very unlikely possibility.

~Wrestlezone

------------------------------
Great... So what do you think?

Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening!   Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening! EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 2:47 am

WWE has trust issues.
Back to top Go down
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male
Number of posts : 466
Favorite WWE Wrestler : The Undertaker, Triple H, R-Truth, Booker T, Teddy Long, CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : 'Kharma', Kelly Kelly, Maryse
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Brother Devon, A.J. Styles, Beer Money Inc, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Angelina Love, So Cal Val, Daffney...
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening!   Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening! EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 3:22 am

Dumb, dumb, dumb. But when Christian returned to WWE, he should have known that they would try to keep him down in the mid-card like they always have.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening!   Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening! EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 3:25 am

Who didn't know this already? It's the reason WHY he left WWE in the first place. NO ONE saw him as a top player or a realy full time main eventer.

It's funny he thought things would change.
Back to top Go down
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male
Favorite WWE Wrestler : The Undertaker, Triple H, R-Truth, Booker T, Teddy Long, CM Punk
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Brother Devon, A.J. Styles, Beer Money Inc, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Angelina Love, So Cal Val, Daffney...

PostSubject: Re: Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening!   Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening! EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 3:31 am

I think that, like Gail Kim and Kevin Nash, he just went where the money was. That, or his WWE friends like Edge called him and convinced him to give it another shot.
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening!   Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening! EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 8:02 am

i agree with WWE. im sorry i like Christian i just do not see him being a main eveneter

that doesnt mean Orton shouda won though. someone else shoulda done
Back to top Go down
Starship Pain
Lower Midcarder
Starship Pain

Male
Number of posts : 214
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Alberto Del Rio!
Favorite WWE Diva : Maryse!
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles!
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter!
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening!   Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening! EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 11:56 am

they could've gave Mark the title, but just throw the title back on the same guy Teary Eyed
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening!   Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening! EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 12:05 pm

i would have much prefered Mark getting it. he to me seems more marketable then Christian being the 'worlds strongest man' etc

plus it would be knew
Back to top Go down
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male

PostSubject: Re: Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening!   Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening! EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 2:17 pm

I just can't stand Orton. Never have. And that's not heel heat, that's "get off my TV" heat.
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening!   Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening! EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 2:41 pm

I agree, Christian is probably not a long term Main Eventer. But in the absence of Edge, pushing someone new is a necessity, and at the moment, Christian is the most viable candidate for that. If he was gonna lose the title, he should have lost it at the next PPV, or maybe a Smackdown in between that PPV and the following.

I doubt there would be this internet outrage if Christian's reign hadn't lasted two days.
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening!   Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening! EmptyMon 09 May 2011, 1:23 am

Christian losing that soon didn't surprise me one bit. I was shocked they gave it to him to begin with given how WWE feel about him and was hoping ADR would win and find a way to stay on SD. I think Christian is a very talented guy and do think if given the opportunity he could definitely be a main eventer. I wish that'd happen for him in the future

I'm content with Orton having it and I really want Christian to turn heel and feud with Orton
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening!   Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening! Empty

Back to top Go down

Reasoning for Major SD SPOILER Happening!
Page 1 of 1