Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what we learned from Over The Limit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

what we learned from Over The Limit Empty
PostSubject: what we learned from Over The Limit   what we learned from Over The Limit EmptyMon 23 May 2011, 3:31 pm

R-Truth is going places:
We all know that Rey Mysterio is the big crowd favourite, the ultimate underdog who almost always seems to win. Truth was allowed to get a clean win over him on PPV. It was as clean as a heel's win is expected, Rey wasn't buried and Truth looked like a legitimate threat. He's a pretty good wrestler as a heel and hopefully he'll be knocking on Cena's door sometime soon.

Wade Barrett can't catch a break:
Just when the IC title match was getting good, the Corre have to run in and make it a DQ finish. This makes Wade Barrett look even weaker than he's normally booked. Would it kill WWE to let him win a match without the Corre? It can be a dirty win, just let him do it on his own. I get that this is to continue the feud with Zeke but a dirty win by Wade would have put him over as a strong enough champion while still continuing the feud.

Sin Cara is going places:
Of course we all knew Chavo wasn't going to win and this match would be a showcase opportunity for Sin Cara but what a match it was. Sin Cara is the new exciting thing on the scene and the fans will be hot for him after watching all this. Apart from the botch at the end which we can blame on Chavo, all the moves were done without any mess ups so Sin Cara will likely be pushed very well on Smackdown. He doesn't need a title or anything just yet, he just needs to be allowed to wow the crowd for weeks. It also seemed like he wanted to make sure they have plenty of stuff to put in his titantron when they make him a new one.

Alberto Del Rio isn't an afterthought just yet:
It seemed like Del Rio was going to be shunted aside after he lost both his big title matches this year but thankfully they haven't forgotten about him. He needed the mic time they gave him on the show just to keep him relevant and the little tiff with Big Show and Kane could suggest a possible tag team feud. Del Rio will need a partner so how about teaming him up with the "new and improved" Dolph Ziggler. These are two guys who need a push right now.

There's life in the tag division yet:
The tag division has been pretty much a joke for as long as anyone can remember with all the hot potato people have been playing with the belts lately. But the match at the PPV really built the belts up a little. While Kane and Big Show are just a random team thrown together this match put them over as more serious champions. It felt like an important match and the Nexus got a bit of a boost from this feud. Despite losing, they came across as a threat even when two of their number were missing from ringside. They were able to isolate Kane which in kayfabe is a pretty big feat considering he beat the Undertaker three times in a row last year. This feud could continue but I wouldn't mind these teams moving onto separate feuds.

Brie Bella isn't a lost cause:
Brie's title win was probably the most underwhelming in the last six months and she's been a pretty crappy champion, not being on TV for two weeks in a row. But this week she got mic time and a clean win on Smackdown against Natalya. And here everyone expected Kelly to pick up the win so she could feud with Kharma over the belt. But Brie got a successful title defence under her belt and she's at least done something as a champion. Eve still has a rematch clause in her so if Brie could get another title defence there then she'd be a much better booked champion. The match wasn't terrible and Brie brought some nice personality. She could be a good champion if WWE allows her to shine.

Christian is main event material:
The match between him and Randy Orton was miles better than their Smackdown match because it had the unpredictability factor. For a moment I actually thought Christian was going to win. And he wasn't buried at all. Look at what in kayfabe Orton had to do to finally put him away. This screams MOTY candidate and thankfully Christian didn't turn heel at the end. As much as people would love for that to happen, he'd only end up getting buried if he did. It was sink or swim for Christian and this is the match that counts to determine if he could cut it as a main eventer. Eventhough he lost, it was a huge rub for him and he took Orton to the limit. Chances are whatever heel takes the title off Orton, Christian could feud with them.

The Cole saga is finally over:
When we're complaining about what WWE does we do tend to forget that when they go as far as they have with Michael Cole, there's going to be a big payoff. And what a payoff it was. Cole wasn't booked as an actual threat like he was at WrestleMania and the humiliation conga began. I was kind of hoping for Jack Swagger to make an appearance and turn face, there were certainly chants for him but maybe we'll get something on Raw. I hope to God this is Cole's retirement but maybe he'll just tone his character down and not be so prominent in storylines. But if I may be negative, this was way too late by WWE. We should have gotten this at WrestleMania and they dragged it out for way too long.

Eve hasn't been forgotten about:
I really felt bad for Eve when she lost her title and they seemed to have shunted her aside in favour of Kelly. But here they gave her a great moment to give Cole his long awaited comeuppance. This could be just the rub she needs to properly get over with the fans. With Kelly losing her title match, maybe they'll remember that Eve does have a rematch against Brie. I wouldn't mind Eve winning back the title and feuding with Kharma herself.

The Miz deserves better:
The Miz was one of the best WWE Champions we'd seen in a long while, getting wins over Morrison, Orton and Cena at WrestleMania. He got a big rub at Mania and was booked strongly despite needing The Rock's help to win. It was a shame he lost at Extreme Rules but things looked even worse for him when they booked an I Quit match for the PPV. They could have made the best of it and booked it as a back and forth contest like the Smackdown title match but nope, we got one of the worst main events we'd seen in a long time. Cena went from a dead sell to moving around fine and Miz just got screwed. A few hits with a leather strap and an STF and he's done? This guy is going to be headlining PPVs in the future when Orton and Cena hang up their boots and WWE just pretty much buried him here. Hopefully they can give him a feud with Alex Riley to build his credability up a bit but WWE needs to stop booking Cena like this. I don't hold it against Cena himself, he can't help how he's booked, but they can only book him as the boring invincible hero for so long.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: what we learned from Over The Limit   what we learned from Over The Limit EmptyMon 23 May 2011, 4:21 pm

Good write up and I agree with everything for the most part.

However Sin Cara has to have a match without any botches especially the finish!

Because that hurricanrana botch for the win was just fucking embarrassing and should not have gotten the win.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: what we learned from Over The Limit   what we learned from Over The Limit EmptyMon 23 May 2011, 6:22 pm

Kane and Big Show arent random. they were World Tag Team Champions in 05-06
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what we learned from Over The Limit   what we learned from Over The Limit Empty

Back to top Go down

what we learned from Over The Limit
Page 1 of 1