Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

thoughts on the week

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

thoughts on the week Empty
PostSubject: thoughts on the week   thoughts on the week EmptySat 11 Jun 2011, 10:33 am

Raw - Bella Twins vs Kelly Kelly & Beth Phoenix:
At last Beth is back on TV again. I felt this match was a lot more fun than last week's, maybe because I prefer Beth/Kelly as a team than Eve/Kelly. Kelly mixed things up this week and did some good moves. When was the last time we saw her springboard arm drag or hurricanrana. She plays the face in peril role very well though it was surprising to see that since she was being pushed as the top girl on Raw for the last few weeks. Beth's part in the ring was fine as well even if she did stumble for a moment. The Glam Slam looked a bit different but still devastating. It looks like they might be switching to a Beth/Bellas feud now but both Kelly and Eve still have claims to the title, Beth did pin Brie if you're curious. 6/10

Impact - Mickie James & Tara vs Winter & Angelina Love:
I was hoping Tara would get more ring time since we've never seen her and Winter (or Katie Lea/Victoria) before. The match was fine anyway and Winter and Angelina once again showed some good chemistry with their double teams. I wouldn't mind seeing Mickie and Tara form a proper tag team as well. Good that Madison was back on TV this week so hopefully once Slammiversary is over we can start seeing some more development to the Madison/Tara match. Angelina's new finisher still looks very impressive and she now has momentum going into the PPV. 6/10

ODB vs Velvet Sky:
I would've thought it's too early to have this match but I notice it's a normal singles match so maybe we'll be getting another with a special stipulation (street fight maybe). Anyway I enjoyed it a lot more than the tag match even if it was a brawl really. Velvet was on fire and the brawling at ringside was much better than last week. ODB dominated of course as soon as they got to the ring and it was funny to see her having the staredown with the referee. Velvet wins with a DDT out of nowhere. Hopefully we get another match but I guess with Velvet winning here it might be a bit redundant. Still good though. 7/10

Superstars - Eve & Gail Kim vs Melina & Maryse:
So Gail and Melina are having an actual feud are they? I'd normally be excited about this but after two disappointing weeks of matches, I'm not getting my hopes up. This week was a real letdown if you ask me. The Eve/Maryse action was ok, pretty much what we get from Maryse but poor Melina looked like a lost little lamb in that ring. I was looking forward to seeing Melina/Eve but after the tease we got, I think I can wait for a while. The moves with Gail were much better and the match did pick up when she got tagged in. The finishing sequence was nicely done and it's good for Melina to get a clean win. 5/10

Smackdown - AJ vs Tamina:
Well any mic time is better than no mic time right? AJ was fine and Tamina's mic skills are much better than when she was with the Usos, she's calmed herself down a bit. But the cheese joke was lame. I found the interview more entertaining than the backstage segments of the past two weeks.
I actually liked AJ's theme song, it definitely suits her personality - girly but with a bit of a tomboy side. It makes a change from the endless techno/R&B songs. The match didn't really do it for me. AJ is miles more experienced than Tamina but both of them need to work with more experienced girls to bring out the best in each other. AJ would have done better working with Rosa or Alicia. However what we saw was ok and I liked AJ's crossbody. The roll up ending was annoying but I guess that gives us something to build to next week. 4/10
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on the week   thoughts on the week EmptySat 11 Jun 2011, 11:56 am

I expect Kaitlyn to lose to Alicia next week.

It would be great to see one project suceed and one feel, building tention in the tio.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on the week   thoughts on the week EmptySat 11 Jun 2011, 2:07 pm

yeah i'd like to see Kaitlyn/Alicia. Kaitlyn worked fine with Nikki Bella and Naomi and Alicia is a bit more experienced in the ring than them so hopefully it would be alright
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on the week   thoughts on the week EmptySat 11 Jun 2011, 6:47 pm

LOL Rosa may have more experience but Tamina is better than her in the ring... Embarassed

But I thought this week was fairly good.

No awesome matches but none that were completely horrible.

The Raw tag match was nice to see see Beth after so long. And she got the win so it gives me some hope she is getting the belt instead of Kelly.

Impact had two pretty good matches. I enjoyed the tag match over ODB/Velvet but even that was good except for the finish.

Superstars was too short but more Gail/Melina makes me happy.

AJ/Tamina could have been better but it was a lot better than the recent tag matches. And AJ got music and her first win so congrats to her.

So now we are moving on to next week with Slammiversary: Mickie (c) v Angelina Love for the Knockout's Title.

I do hope the match is really good. I have not really thought a TNA KO PPV match was that special in a while so come on girls and impress me; I know you can!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on the week   thoughts on the week Empty

Back to top Go down

thoughts on the week
Page 1 of 1