Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11 Empty
PostSubject: Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11   Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 1:37 am

WWE Smackdown TV taping report
July 19, 2011
Minneapolis, Minn.
Report by Wade Keller, PWTorch editor

Before the taping started, one guy got a crowd of 6,500 estimated to chant "Let's Go Cena" / "Cena Sucks." A small "C.M. Punk" chant followed.

Smackdown SPOILERS 7/22

-- They showed the crowd the end of Orton vs. Christian at the MITB PPV. Orton then sat mid-ring with no pyro or music. He talked about there being no WWE champion and Triple H taking over before shifting Christian. "Trust me, you do not want me to go find you," he said.

Christian came out and Orton told him as long as he's still breathing, they have unfinished business. Christian told him he can't control his temper. Christian said they all knew the rules and Orton said he spit in his face. Christian said it was an accident, said he's a two-time champion, and called the fans losers. Orton yelled he wants his re-match tonight. Christian said they don't go on trees and he will consult his lawyers.

Orton charged him on-stage before Teddy Long interrupted. Long reminded Orton he has already signed to face Kane tonight. Orton then dove onto Christian and the crowd popped. Long told Christian to go to the ring for a match against Ezekiel Jackson.

(1) World Hvt. champion Christian pinned Intercontinental champion Ezekiel Jackson after ramming him into the ringpost from within the ring and hitting the Killswitch. It went about 12 minutes. It didn't feel like World champ vs. IC champ and wasn't presented as anything special.

-- Michael Cole interviewed Daniel Bryan to start the taping. Bryan said Cole's opinion means nothing to him. Cole said he may win the title, but he doesn't deserve it. Bryan said Cole didn't deserve a marquee match at WrestleMania. Bryan listed his injuries over the last 12 years and talked with passion about earning that briefcase. He said he will not blindside the champion and he announced ahead-of-time he's cashing in at WrestleMania.

(2) Daniel Bryan beat Heath Slater via submission. Before the match, Slater called Bryan a loser. Long match. Bryan got the tapout win. Good, but not great action.

-- Josh Mathews asked Mark Henry if he feels remorse. Henry said absolutely not!

(3) Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett went to a double count-out. Sheamus was played up as a face afterward and the crowd cheered him.

(4) Randy Orton beat Kane in a Street Fight. The crowd was split with lots of Kane chants. They kicked out of each other's finishers. Kane came back with chairshots. Orton escaped a chokeslam and hit the RKO for the win. Kane and Orton shook hands afterward.

Afterward, Henry beat down Kane. It was drawn out and the crowd was confused if the show was over. The announcers fled for their safety when Henry approached them.

End Taping

Before the bonus main event, Christian did mic work before Orton interrupted.

Post-SD Dark Match: World Hvt. champion Christian beat Randy Orton to retain the World Title. It was Christian's first-ever successful title defense. The match went 8:00 and ended when Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase distracted Orton, allowing Christian to roll up Orton.

Afterward, Orton delivered RKOs to all three. Orton celebrated as Christian remained KO'ed in the ring to conclude the taping.

------------------------------
Thoughts?

If I get better info on the matches I'll try to edit it..

Last edited by King Silva on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11   Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 2:41 am

why does Kane get fucking jobbed out every week?
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11   Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 4:53 am

Idk he was pretty strong this time last year but a year changes a lot I guess..

I'm updating the first post with a way better detailed report!
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11   Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 5:10 am

Quote :
allowing Christian to roll up Christian.

Well, that's a novel way to retain the title. smile

Wade Keller needs to proof read his reports before he posts them. Especially since there are people like me who'll make fun of him at every opportunity.

And Kane... Remember when he was a monster and set people on fire? But I guess that wouldn't be PG.

Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11   Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 8:40 am

Is that the guy who beat Undertaker 3 consequtive times? it couldn't be!
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11   Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 9:26 pm

perceval wrote:
Quote :

Well, that's a novel way to retain the title. Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11 177715

Wade Keller needs to proof read his reports before he posts them. Especially since there are people like me who'll make fun of him at every opportunity.

And Kane... Remember when he was a monster and set people on fire? But I guess that wouldn't be PG.

Yeah I agree.

I didn't catch that but I edited it.
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11   Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 10:13 pm

King Silva wrote:
perceval wrote:
Quote :

Well, that's a novel way to retain the title. Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11 177715

Yeah I agree.

I didn't catch that but I edited it.

But now you're misquoting Wade Keller! If he reported that Christian rolled himself up to retain the title, then that's what happened! Are you questioning his journalistic integrity? smile
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11   Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 10:18 pm

Yeah I am. Twisted Evil

His article was way more detailed so I give him + points for that but spell check or just rereading your article would have been nice.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11   Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11 EmptyThu 21 Jul 2011, 1:33 am

Sheamus as face = instant win
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11   Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11 EmptyThu 21 Jul 2011, 2:45 am

Idk how I would feel for face Sheamus but it could work.

I would guess Sheamus v Christian later on then?

Maybe he could win the belt off of Christian later this year?
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11   Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11 EmptyThu 21 Jul 2011, 4:44 am

Nah Orton will be doing that at Summerslam. They couldn't even have Christian pin Orton with outside interference on the show, using it as a dark match instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11   Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Smackdown Spoilers For 7/22/11
Page 1 of 1