Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Captain America' Soars Into First Place W/ $25.7 Million on Friday

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

'Captain America' Soars Into First Place W/ $25.7 Million on Friday Empty
PostSubject: 'Captain America' Soars Into First Place W/ $25.7 Million on Friday   'Captain America' Soars Into First Place W/ $25.7 Million on Friday EmptySat 23 Jul 2011, 7:48 pm

'Captain America' Soars Into First Place W/ $25.7 Million on Friday Captain_america_320

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/07/23/friday-box-office-captain-america-harry-potter-friends-with-benefits/

Captain America: The First Avenger is starting off stronger than anyone (self-included) expected. According to estimates, the patriotic Marvel superhero film grossed a tremendous $25.7 million on Friday, with $4 million of that coming from midnight screenings. Captain America‘s impressive Friday gross puts it well ahead of the first-day totals for X-Men: First Class ($21.4 million) and Green Lantern ($21.4 million), and just a touch above Thor‘s first Friday ($25.5 million) as well. Thus, Cappy should earn a figure in the same range as Thor‘s opening, grossing around $66 million this weekend.

In second place, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows—Part 2 plummeted 84% from last weekend’s record-breaking Friday to $14.6 million. Given the up-front excitement and huge numbers for Harry Potter last weekend, this drop doesn’t come as much of a surprise. Still, the magical fantasy should stabilize some over the rest of the weekend and finish with about $49 million by Sunday.

Friends With Benefits nabbed the third place spot with a solid $6.8 million. The Mila Kunis/Justin Timberlake comedy earned about 6 percent less than the $7.2 million that No Strings Attached made on its first Friday in January. Sunday grosses are typically stronger in the summer since kids are out of school and people are on vacation, so I wouldn’t be totally surprised if Benefits edged out Strings by the end of the frame, but right now, Friends With Benefits looks to be headed to a $19 million weekend.

Horrible Bosses continued to exhibit some strong legs at the box office, declining just 33 percent from last Friday to $3.7 million. The revenge comedy should pick up another $12 million this weekend, good for fourth place. In fifth will be Transformers: Dark of the Moon, which earned $3.5 million on Friday and will likely find just over $11 million.

---------------------------------
Thoughts on this?

Did you see Cap America?
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: 'Captain America' Soars Into First Place W/ $25.7 Million on Friday   'Captain America' Soars Into First Place W/ $25.7 Million on Friday EmptySat 23 Jul 2011, 9:18 pm

I'm thinking about seeing this. Wouldn't mind seeing it; but it looks like something I can do without.

What I REALLY, REALLY, RRREEEAAALLLYYY want to see is the new Planet of the Apes movie.

Can't Wait!
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: 'Captain America' Soars Into First Place W/ $25.7 Million on Friday   'Captain America' Soars Into First Place W/ $25.7 Million on Friday EmptySun 24 Jul 2011, 12:31 am

awesome. i hope to see it soon.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 'Captain America' Soars Into First Place W/ $25.7 Million on Friday   'Captain America' Soars Into First Place W/ $25.7 Million on Friday EmptySun 24 Jul 2011, 4:58 am

Yeah I want to see it soon and I'm also with NCD in wanting to see the new Planet of the Apes movie.

But today I finally saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 2.

It was great imo and I'll have a longer review up later tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Captain America' Soars Into First Place W/ $25.7 Million on Friday   'Captain America' Soars Into First Place W/ $25.7 Million on Friday Empty

Back to top Go down

'Captain America' Soars Into First Place W/ $25.7 Million on Friday
Page 1 of 1