Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Melina Writes About Her Television Character

Go down 
+9
Shimmer Mark
Angelus
Paul Wyatt
The Sexy Vixen
*Tripsi*
KTV-Time
Queen Mintz
perceval
Quisee
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Quisee
Quisee

Male
Number of posts : 2178
Job/hobbies : Media Services department at Florissant Valley College
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Melina Writes About Her Television Character Empty
PostSubject: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 2:22 pm

Melina has posted a blog on her official website explaining her television character’s motives, which she feels WWE hasn’t suitably developed since she’s sparingly featured on Monday Night Raw.

“It is a mystery on why I turned heel,” Melina wrote. “You have no idea how many people don’t even know if I’m good or bad because they really can’t tell. Without explanation or a story, how is a person to know?”

She continued, “Wrestling is an art. To be able to create magic you gotta develop the character and tell the story through wrestling as well as in promo segments and backstage segments. Since I haven’t wrestled on Raw in months… (note – Melina wrote this days before her match with Kelly Kelly on Raw) I will write the story and see where we can go from there.”

The WWE Diva stresses that her character on television is merely that, as she’s not bad in real life.

“Now I am going to do these write ups in character. I can’t stress enough how this is a character. We are entertainers. I am the same Melina you talk to on Twitter, you see on the videos (except for the message to Gail video…. which I thought would be great character development but everyone went nuts and took it too far) and the same Melina that talks to you in the web chats.”

She continued, “I’m labeling this DIVA Melina to emphasize that this is not the REAL Me. This is the WWE character. The “Diva.” I am going to write a good DIVA Melina Entry soon (in character) but for now let me tell you my view of the character for now.”

Melina goes on to explain why her character went from being bad to being good years ago, and then bad again late last year. She also predicts that her character will take a sinister turn in the ensuing months.

To read Melina’s “character section,” click here.

-Wrestlenewz
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 4:13 pm

So, was she just being in character with all this?

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Follow-up_On_John_Morrison_Snubbing_Trish_Stratus_Melina_s_Backstage_Reputation.html

Amused that the wrestling moves she kept insisting Mickie stole from her turned out to be wearing fur boots to the ring.

She doesn't even have TNA as a viable option to get away from the heat she's caused with the Divas, because she's made enemies out of Mickie James, Angelina Love, Tara, and Miss Tessmacher. Can't picture Jacqueline putting up with her attitude for very long, either.
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 5:09 pm

I'm friends with Melina and she's an amazing woman. I seen her 3 times Mania week and she really is a sweetheart. I won't forget what she did for me at the supershow I went to last year and what she got me for my birthday in October. She's one of those positive people who brightens your day even when you're upset.

All I can say is not to believe everything you read especially the whole Mania stuff because that doesn't make sense since Melina wasn't going to be in that match to begin with since she was a heel. Also, she's really close friends with Mickie now
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 5:50 pm

Lol if it aint twitter official, there is NO truth too it.

Bitch needs to get over herself....her character is NOT why people think she's a bitch, I don't think Layla is a bitch, I don't think Sarita or Rosita is a bitch, I don't think Maryse or Alicia Fox or Tamina or Rosa is a bitch because of their "character".

Everyone says she's a bitch because she probably is.

Yeah Mickie MAY have accepted her appoligy after she made all those personal attacks on Mickie in her many many many blogs back in the day........BUT i doubt Mickie forgot. She was pretty harsh and belowering Mickie as much as she can......and honestly it was all jealousy. Mickie was getting buz, especially after her work in TNA, she was being praised by all her peers...Melina was a TE reject who no one knew on the indy scene.
Back to top Go down
*Tripsi*
Opener
*Tripsi*

Female
Number of posts : 106
Job/hobbies : yoga
Favorite WWE Wrestler : HHH
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina Perez
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Amazing Red
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 7:13 pm

perceval wrote:

So, was she just being in character with all this?

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Follow-up_On_John_Morrison_Snubbing_Trish_Stratus_Melina_s_Backstage_Reputation.html

Amused that the wrestling moves she kept insisting Mickie stole from her turned out to be wearing fur boots to the ring.

She doesn't even have TNA as a viable option to get away from the heat she's caused with the Divas, because she's made enemies out of Mickie James, Angelina Love, Tara, and Miss Tessmacher. Can't picture Jacqueline putting up with her attitude for very long, either.

Im pretty sure Melina and Tara are on good terms.
Back to top Go down
*Tripsi*
Opener
*Tripsi*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 7:18 pm

Melina is easily the sweetest person i've encountered on the internet. EVER! She has such passion for wrestling, she just wants to work hard, achieve and change people's perceptions of the Divas. She's taking control of her on screen character, since WWE have done a pathetic job of explaining why she turned heel. They haven't even given her camera mic time. Its insane.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 7:22 pm

in every rumor there's 1% of truth.

10 people say she's a skank...then 10% of the info in those 'skank' stories is TRUE

I hardly thinkthe whole world is just out to get Melina..she isnt that special.

and i agree with perceval...she has a fat chance in hell of heading to TNA with all the anti-Melina ladies there. though i wouldnt mind reading that Jacqueline whooped her ass like Sharmell did.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
*Tripsi*
Opener
*Tripsi*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 7:30 pm

The Sexy Vixen wrote:

10 people say she's a skank...then 10% of the info in those 'skank' stories is TRUE

and i agree with perceval...she has a fat chance in hell of heading to TNA with all the anti-Melina ladies there. though i wouldnt mind reading that Jacqueline whooped her ass like Sharmell did.

What 10 people have implied she's a "skank"? Val Venis....yeah. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 7:36 pm

Wow, Blue is probably gonna flip when he learns of your return.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 7:37 pm

Seriously how many more years of fighting on this forum over Melina is there gonna be people it's time to get over it. as you can see by now not one side is gonna change there view. If your like her or you don't everyone already has a view on the subject and no one else is gonna change it for them no matter how much you like her or dislike her. I mean it is getting sad every melina topic turns into the same shit over and over again. Eventually always leads to someone being banned or the topic locked all the time. Melina fans will say everything said about her is bs and fans who don't like her will believe it. It would be nice to see this topic not be locked or people banned for the same arguement as always. Just Agree to disagree because on this forum you don't change anyones views on wrestling.
Back to top Go down
*Tripsi*
Opener
*Tripsi*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 7:37 pm

Albertooo Deeell Rrriiio wrote:
Wow, Blue is probably gonna flip when he learns of your return.

ME!? Why?
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 7:39 pm

*Tripsi* wrote:
The Sexy Vixen wrote:

Mickie
Maria
Sharmell
Val
Batista lol

to name a few....either way...they cant have all made this up out of thin air. Melina had to have done something to give people the perception she is a skank.

just like her reaction to the Trish/Morrison WM stuff has now given her the super rep of being a 'bitch'

people dont just make this up out of boredom...Rumors always start out of some form of truth...

Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 7:44 pm

Angelus wrote:
Seriously how many more years of fighting on this forum over Melina is there gonna be people it's time to get over it. as you can see by now not one side is gonna change there view. If your like her or you don't everyone already has a view on the subject and no one else is gonna change it for them no matter how much you like her or dislike her. I mean it is getting sad every melina topic turns into the same shit over and over again. Eventually always leads to someone being banned or the topic locked all the time. Melina fans will say everything said about her is bs and fans who don't like her will believe it. It would be nice to see this topic not be locked or people banned for the same arguement as always. Just Agree to disagree because on this forum you don't change anyones views on wrestling.

This. Although I love a great debate....Arguing about how much of a whore or how wonderful Melina is every time is getting a little old.
Back to top Go down
*Tripsi*
Opener
*Tripsi*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 7:45 pm

The Sexy Vixen wrote:
*Tripsi* wrote:
The Sexy Vixen wrote:

Mickie
Maria
Sharmell
Val
Batista lol

to name a few....either way...they cant have all made this up out of thin air. Melina had to have done something to give people the perception she is a skank.

just like her reaction to the Trish/Morrison WM stuff has now given her the super rep of being a 'bitch'

people dont just make this up out of boredom...Rumors always start out of some form of truth...

Mickie, Maria and Sharmell have called Melina a skank?? where?........and Batista and Melina ARE on good terms.
Back to top Go down
*Tripsi*
Opener
*Tripsi*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 7:46 pm

John Morrison snubbed Trish, Not Melina.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 7:52 pm

and Melina was upset prior to the 'snub because she feels Trish 'took her spot' in that WM match

Morrison knew how Melina felt and was rumored to have snubbed Trish because of how Melina felt..
--

again...somewhere in that whole scenario...is some truth. Somewhere...
--
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 7:53 pm

*Tripsi* wrote:
The Sexy Vixen wrote:
*Tripsi* wrote:
The Sexy Vixen wrote:

Mickie
Maria
Sharmell
Val
Batista lol

Mickie, Maria and Sharmell have called Melina a skank?? where?........and Batista and Melina ARE on good terms.

i have skanky friends who i am on good terms with...doesnt make them any less of a skank lol

i just know not to introduce them to anyone I am dating. hilarious
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 7:56 pm

The Sexy Vixen wrote:
and Melina was upset prior to the 'snub because she feels Trish 'took her spot' in that WM match

Morrison knew how Melina felt and was rumored to have snubbed Trish because of how Melina felt..
--

--
There's no truth to that. Even Trish herself never even brought Melina up, she only mentioned Morrison.

This really is old, Melina fans, especially ones who are friends with her and know the REAL her, are always gonna defend her and the ones who don't like Melina will always believe the rumors. Guaranteed if you met her in person you'd think differently of her
Back to top Go down
*Tripsi*
Opener
*Tripsi*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 7:57 pm

The Sexy Vixen wrote:

--

--

Key word 'Rumored'. Problem is, some people take news from these sites and believe it as if it's the damn gospal. Its people making assumptions, thats all.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 8:00 pm

of course melina fans wont believe it..that's why they are fans lol

Just like Cena marks still think he is a good 'wrestler' when we all know CM Punk could wrestle circles around him.
--

you dont have to agree with me but you wont change my mind.

Melina did some shady shit for people to believe she is a bitch and a skank. Yeah people who spread rumors are wrong for doing so...but she's just as guilty for giving them the fuel to start this ceasefire on her reputation....
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 8:05 pm

She hasn't done anything to deserve this hate or these rumors. She's trying to live her life staying positive, staying happy, and doing what she loves to do, wrestle.

I know what kind of person Melina is, I've seen it with my own eyes. It's just sad that people who hate her won't even try to get to know the REAL her. It's truly your loss and I'm done with this argument because we'll keep going in circles. Have a nice day

Last edited by Queen Mintz on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 8:06 pm

For the record the following have had "issues" with Melina:
Mickie James, ANgel Williams, Maria, Sharmell, JBL (has made mention of her), Va; Venis mentioned her sleeping around with Mike Knoxx (which won't surprise me rbh), Lita has made mention of backstage issues, Brooke Adams spoke of her "attitude".

Christy Hemme spoke openly of things she's seen backstage (that include Melina), So again not shocking at all.

That's off the top of my head. Batista has OPENLY Spoken in is book about his and Melina's affair and Brian Kendrik has spoken about it and Paul London spoke about the SAME love affair but a tad bit mor detailed (where it was made clear that Morrison WAS aware of the affair)...and THAT affair lead to the backstage arguement between Batista/Booker and Melina/Sharmell fight, so for people to say it was false, Sharmell openly spoke of it as well.

Trish OPENLY spoke of Morrison's being unprofessional. Now if this was because Melina or not.....it's debateable and that story could be a little weird, i'll admit. But there is 0.00001% truth to it..IMO Morrison might have been more pissed he's stuck with the divas because they get 5 minutes of TV time and would have been better suited in his own match. That's My opinion.

WHAT IRRITATES me is she blames her "character", which is NOT true, I liked 2005 Melna, fun to watch, not the best tool in the shed but she was decent enough in the ring. I even put aside her Mickie bashing back then aside. But the stories just keeps popping up.

And like Vix said to each story there is 0.0000001% of truth and the fact that at least 10 Diffrent people who have no connection to each other or seem like people you see are friends....is a clear sign that...there is SOME truth too it.

Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 8:10 pm

Melina and Angel Williams having issues had to have been pre-wwe, right?

so her issues with Angel cant be solely based on her 'character' alone...she didnt really have a character back then lol
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 8:25 pm

Exactly, that was WAY back then and seriously her issue with Mickie was pure jealousy.

Everyone knew who Alexis Laree was....no one knew who Kyra was...and that made her boil.

Then writing blogs about Mickie stealing her wrestling moves and her "style" and taking personal attacks at Mickie during their OVW days.

Know what her "style" arguement was? mickie wrestling in skirts like her......guess she wasn't aware of Mickie wrestling in Skirts since her TNA days?

Lol Melina was such a child...i lol'd at the few blogs i got to read.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 8:29 pm

so her character on screen is the reason why people dont like her in real life? Melina Writes About Her Television Character 550914thats a joke
Back to top Go down
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male
Number of posts : 466
Favorite WWE Wrestler : The Undertaker, Triple H, R-Truth, Booker T, Teddy Long, CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : 'Kharma', Kelly Kelly, Maryse
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Brother Devon, A.J. Styles, Beer Money Inc, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Angelina Love, So Cal Val, Daffney...
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyTue 26 Jul 2011, 2:33 pm

I still can't get over Morrison letting Melina cheat on him. Come on, man. Stand up for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyTue 26 Jul 2011, 3:13 pm

I don't give a shit what she does in her real life/backstage, I still going to love her in ring work.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyTue 26 Jul 2011, 3:14 pm

especially with Batista....

SHE WALKED ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEE

Back to top Go down
Sticky!!
Sticky loves Mickie! Yo soy El Jefe!
Sticky loves Mickie! Yo soy El Jefe!
Sticky!!

Male
Number of posts : 4893
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Orton
Rey
Favorite WWE Diva : Mickie James
Maria
Favorite TNA Knockout : Christy Hemme
Tara

Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyTue 26 Jul 2011, 5:26 pm

Sucks when the wrestlers have to write their own characters stories just to make it make since.
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character EmptyTue 26 Jul 2011, 7:24 pm

The thing is, it's those backstage antics that are the reason she's buried. She got the mega-pushes over the years. She kept screwing them up.

If the problems had been just in her early years, something she grew out of, that would be fine. But, it just keeps going, and I can't help but be reminded of Chyna.

During her WWF years, people described Chyna as someone kept around and given big pushes to keep her boyfriend happy. There were all these stories about her backstage calling her unprofessional, a head case, a train wreck, a hot mess. Chyna fans denied that there was any truth in any of these accusations, and would talk about how nice and sweet she was when they met her. Sound familiar?

Then, once she didn't have the WWF publicity department working to protect her image...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JboqeN2A2tY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-SDWy1V7Jg

Oh yeah, she was trying a singing career at this point because people were actually telling her she could sing. I wonder if Jillian Hall saw this and got the idea for a gimmick. That gimmick did debut shortly after this...

Now, Melina isn't in as bad a shape as Chyna. Avoiding roids has prevented that. Morrison's probably especially grateful for it considering Chyna having that 2 1/2 inch... thing. Maybe that was the start of the issues Chyna had with Trish and Molly. The poor new girls were likely unprepared for what they were about to see in the locker room, screamed in horror, and ran. smile

And Melina seems to be taking Trish's and Lita's advice about how to get management to notice you by taking the reigns and building your character with whatever opportunity you have rather than just waiting for Creative to come up with something for you.

Quote :
Sucks when the wrestlers have to write their own characters stories just to make it make since.

Trish spent a chunk of her career doing exactly that. She'd get put in crappy storylines that made no sense, so she'd adjust them. We remember her great heel run, but not how it started, where she turned on Jericho and joined Christian for... reasons that made absolutely no sense, whatsoever. So, she maneuvered that storyline into a rivalry with Lita, and together they worked it into the Women's Championship picture, allowing Trish to quietly remove herself from the storyline that her heel turn had been originally about and shift the crappy storyline Lita was in into being about them and the Women's Championship.

What the writers came up with for her and Christy was Trish being jealous over Christy being in Playboy, which made no sense since everybody who followed WWE knew very well how many times Trish had turned Playboy down, and why. So, Trish made it about how she'd been busting her ass in the company for five years through brusies, blood, and broken bones and wasn't about to take a back seat to girls who were doing nothing but standing around posing ("What are you two doing? Oh, that's right, you're dong nothing." to a comment from one of those girls about how bruised her face was, and, in another promo, that wonderfully sarcastic "You're so talented...", among others).

By the time they got to Wrestlemania, the crowd was on Trish's side against the Playboy model they were supposed to be cheering for as the true WWE Diva. JR, bless him, was still trying to push the jealous over Playboy angle when it had turned into a commntary on Johnny Ace's hiring practices (which everyone also knew JR didn't like). Johnny Ace probably couldn't wait for Trish to retire.

Trish obviously had Vince's permission to throw those subtle shoots into her promos, though, just as Punk had Vince's permission to be much less than subtle about it. Trish and Punk wre both trained by Fit Finlay, who also trained... Melina.

Maybe Melina looked at what worked for other students of her mentor, and has decided to take that approach. Wonder if we're going to see "in character" Melina, who's, y'know, totally just doing a storyline and isn't speaking for herself at all, taking shots at Kelly being Champion? Y'know, Kelly the character, not questioning whether Barbie Blank should be Champion, no, not at all... smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melina Writes About Her Television Character   Melina Writes About Her Television Character Empty

Back to top Go down

Melina Writes About Her Television Character
Page 1 of 1