Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beth Phoenix Comments on Divas Championship Match in Her Hometown This Sunday

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

Beth Phoenix Comments on Divas Championship Match in Her Hometown This Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Beth Phoenix Comments on Divas Championship Match in Her Hometown This Sunday   Beth Phoenix Comments on Divas Championship Match in Her Hometown This Sunday EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 6:27 pm

http://www.diva-dirt.com/2011/09/15/beth-phoenix-comments-on-divas-championship-match-in-her-hometown-this-sunday/

Beth Phoenix Comments on Divas Championship Match in Her Hometown This Sunday Beth11-243x300

As has been well documented, this Sunday’s Night of Champions pay per view will be held in Beth Phoenix‘s hometown of Buffalo, NY.

She’ll have the chance to challenge Kelly Kelly to become the Divas Champion in front of her home crowd, a year and a half after she last appeared in front of them losing the Women’s Championship.

Speaking to Buffalowins.com, Beth reveals about her last match in Buffalo:

Quote :

A lot of people may not remember, but the last time I was in Buffalo, I was Women’s Champion and I lost the title to Lay-Cool in a handicap match. It’s kind of bittersweet… this feels like it’s coming full circle. That was actually the last appearance of the Women’s Championship. It was the end of the road for the Championship, and it was also the end of the road for my last title reign so it was very sentimental. I actually went in for surgery after that match and I had wrestled that match with a torn ACL and my knee all taped up.

On returning this Sunday, Beth says:

Quote :

To think that I have an opportunity to walk into Buffalo and possibly win the Diva’s Championship in front of that very same crowd and start a new chapter and begin a new legacy is not only exciting and cool but also very sentimental to me. It’s a very personal journey. It has been a long road to come back from that injury and get back in the ring and earn another title opportunity. To be able to do it in my hometown in front of my friends and family and the people that supported me back when I was nobody is really a dream come true. Win or lose, I know that is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime, career-changing night.

Thoughts: If Beth were able to win the Divas Championship in front of her hometown crowd, it would definitely be a Kodak moment. However, Beth being a heel, I wonder if WWE will go that route. We’ll see this Sunday.

Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Beth Phoenix Comments on Divas Championship Match in Her Hometown This Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beth Phoenix Comments on Divas Championship Match in Her Hometown This Sunday   Beth Phoenix Comments on Divas Championship Match in Her Hometown This Sunday EmptySat 17 Sep 2011, 7:44 pm

Her first quote is obviously wrong..

The Women's Title stayed around for like 4 more months after she lost it to Layla.

Of course it had a sister belt and then it was split in two [a replica..] but yeah it was still around for 4 months or so.

I think Beth has to win even being a face.

I mean if she loses twice to Kelly at a PPV I will pull my hair out! Mad
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Beth Phoenix Comments on Divas Championship Match in Her Hometown This Sunday   Beth Phoenix Comments on Divas Championship Match in Her Hometown This Sunday EmptySat 17 Sep 2011, 9:00 pm

I think she's just talking about it's last appearance in Buffalo.

As a matter of fact the title history on WWE.com has that match as the last official title match.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/women
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beth Phoenix Comments on Divas Championship Match in Her Hometown This Sunday   Beth Phoenix Comments on Divas Championship Match in Her Hometown This Sunday Empty

Back to top Go down

Beth Phoenix Comments on Divas Championship Match in Her Hometown This Sunday
Page 1 of 1