Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings! Empty
PostSubject: 'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings!   'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings! EmptyThu 13 Oct 2011, 4:08 pm

'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings! Revenge_320
^ Evil bitch. Twisted Evil

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/13/revenge-grows-ratings/

Great news for Revenge fans: The ABC freshman drama reversed its post-premiere ratings decline and grew for the first time. But the reason why the show improved is a mystery worthy of a TV crime drama.

Here’s the deal: Revenge (7.9 million viewers, 2.7 adults 18-49) beat CSI (12.7 million, 2.6) in the adult demo to win the 10 p.m. hour in the preliminary ratings — the first time that’s happened since the soap’s heavily promoted premiere. The race between Revenge and CSI was as close as it gets, and these early numbers could shift just slightly when the national ratings come out this afternoon, but either way Revenge will have improved from last week.

But there’s another Factor that could have come into play: Fox’s two-hour The X Factor was unexpectedly taken off the playing field last night. So did any shows benefit from having disappointed Fox viewers wandering the dial searching for something else to watch? Alternately, were any shows harmed by having ALCS Game 4 overrunning deep into prime time on the East Coast?

Short answer: It’s unclear, but it doesn’t appear like the shakeup had a major impact. Most shows were steady from 8 to 10 p.m., when Factor was scheduled, with some ticking down slightly. The baseball game may have hurt CSI (CBS tends to have a sports friendly audience), but then why was CSI down 10 percent to a season low against Revenge, but Survivor (10.5 million, 3.2) and Criminal Minds (12.7 million, 3.7) only slipped 3 percent? And why was another 10 p.m. crime drama, Law & Order: SVU (7.2 million, 2.1), unchanged?

ABC was seemingly not impacted either way… at least, at first. But then its ratings compared to last week abruptly rose for Happy Endings (8.8 million, 3.3) at 9:30 p.m. and then again for Revenge.

So what do you believe? Did Revenge grow from some scheduling quirk, or because the drama is gaining popularity? I suspect the primetime shakeup may have somehow helped Revenge a little, but its growth is still based on something real — nobody forces somebody to watch a TV show, and the rest of the night had pretty ordinary numbers. And if ABC believes the drama is on the rise, this time-slot competitiveness is exactly what a network looks for when deciding whether to give a new show a full-season order.

Some quick other notes from Wednesday night: Modern Family (13.4 million, 5.7) was unchanged, nabbing the title as the night’s top-rated show. NBC’s Up All Night (5.2 million, 2.0) fell 13 percent to its lowest-rated telecast (um… baseball?). Harry’s Law (7.6 million, 1.2) — which just got an order for six more scripts don’t you know — was unchanged.

I’ll update this post in the afternoon when the national ratings come out — baseball ratings will be available then too — in case it changes anything.

--------------------------------
Sow hat do you think of this?

Anyone still watching Revenge?

If so what do you think?

Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: 'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings!   'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings! EmptyThu 13 Oct 2011, 4:54 pm

THIS SHOW IS FUCKING EPIC!!!!!

EMILY THORNE!!!! IS BAD ASS!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: 'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings!   'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings! EmptyThu 13 Oct 2011, 10:27 pm

Yeah I really love the show as well.

Emily is one vengeful bitch but I love it! yay

LOL at her locking up that therapist and before that revealing her confidential patient sessions. 'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings! 773246
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: 'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings!   'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings! EmptyThu 13 Oct 2011, 10:33 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW SO INCREDIBLY MUCH!!!!

This is one of the best non-criminal drama's I have EVER seen. After I watch each episode, I am immediately wanting the next one.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: 'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings!   'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings! EmptyThu 13 Oct 2011, 10:41 pm

Yeah totally agree.

Wednesdays are like my new favorite day [with Mondays] because I have Survivor and Revenge!

We should make an official Revenge thread; I mean there seems to be 3-5 [+?] fans of the show here we can at least talk about the show in more detail there. smile
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: 'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings!   'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings! EmptyFri 14 Oct 2011, 12:58 am

I'm all for an official Revenge thread.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: 'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings!   'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings! EmptyFri 14 Oct 2011, 2:45 am

Cool; I'll make it soon. smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings!   'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings! Empty

Back to top Go down

'Revenge' Grows, Beats 'CSI' in Early Ratings!
Page 1 of 1