Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gail Kim talks about why she's disgusted with WWE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Gail Kim talks about why she's disgusted with WWE Empty
PostSubject: Gail Kim talks about why she's disgusted with WWE   Gail Kim talks about why she's disgusted with WWE EmptyThu 20 Oct 2011, 7:21 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3884153/Gail-Kim-WWE-tell-their-Divas-not-to-punch-or-kick.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

"FORMER Diva Gail Kim has revealed that while she was with the company, WWE would tell their female wrestlers not to punch or kick during matches.

Last week, we told you how Kim has vowed never to return to Vince McMahon's organisation.

And now she has lifted the lid on a major grievance that the women's division lacked leadership and was not treated with respect.

Speaking exclusively to SunSport, Kim said: "I heard many times that they want the Divas to be girly. They didn't care about the heel girls getting any heat.

"We just didn't understand. They did everything in their power, it seemed, to take everything to give us a good match, for the heels to get any heat.

"It was no kicking one week, or no punching the next. No this, no that. It was at the point where I was asking whether we could do anything at all."

WWE have received criticism in some quarters for focusing on 'PG' TV — in other words keeping their show family-friendly, with much of the content aimed at pre-teens.

Regardless of the quality of the shows, it has always seemed odd to many that they would focus more on the desirability and sex appeal of their Divas, as opposed to concentrating on the women with more talent in the ring.

Kim, despite being obviously beautiful and sexy, falls very much into the 'wrestler' category and she was left feeling bemused by the confused status of the division.

She added: "Every week the rules would change. I think we were in London for TV and David Hasselhoff was guest host of Raw. We had the match where we did the slo-mo entrance run. It was really funny.

"That day they brought us the ugliest one-piece bathing suits for the match. The seamstresses fixed it, but they were very PG and they said, 'We've got to cover you guys up'. No ass hanging out, basically!

"We did our rehearsal for the entrances and after that they had a discussion amongst the agents. One agent came up to us and said, 'It's not so flattering on the chest. Maybe you need to do something about that'.

NO DIVA ... Gail Kim is disgusted with what has happened to WWE's women's division

"Basically they meant 'show more cleavage', so they are never really happy. It's one way one week and one way the other.

"When I signed with WWE I was really happy that they had the PG thing going on. I thought' 'Yes! No more bra and panties matches, no bikini contests'.

"With the success of the TNA Knockouts, that's when they started having their girls wrestle a lot more in WWE.

"I thought, 'This is a perfect time for me to come in. They care about women's wrestling'. Sadly it was just not the case.

"It pretty much went downhill after a few months and it's just disappointing to see."

In April this year, vignettes began airing hailing the arrival of a new Diva, called Kharma.

Those with knowledge beyond WWE knew that this was Kia Stevens, a hugely talented wrestler who had appeared in TNA as Awesome Kong.

Kong and King had a series of tremendous matches in TNA which were arguably as good as any you will see in women's wrestling.

When fans knew Kong was on her way to WWE, they were excited. However, four weeks after her May 1 debut at Extreme Rules, she was forced to take a leave of absence due to pregnancy.

Despite the curtailed run of Kharma, there was definitely a palpable sense of excitement and expectancy at her arrival. Did the WWE Divas feel as enthusiastic about her arrival?

Kim said: "I felt that way and I'm sure the other girls felt that way. We were really excited at the prospect of what would happen with Kong.

"With Kong you can't just throw her out in an eight-girl tag and have it mean nothing. She actually had a storyline and that was the main thing we were excited to see.

"We had a storyline where she broke down in the middle of the ring in front of all of us, but even before that happened, when she came out and the crowd erupted, I remember getting goosebumps.

"I was out there thinking, 'Wow, I have not heard the fans react like that since my time at TNA'.

"It was amazing to see and it proves right there that the fans can get into female wrestling, that the fans want to see it and that they will react like that if they are given a storyline.

"People say women's wrestling sucks and nobody wants to see it, but every time there are storylines and they invest in the women, people react and love it.

"Everyone in the office acted like they had never seen our stuff, which makes me laugh because Johnny hired me back for a reason.

"It's funny how people in the office act like they never watch TNA, follow TNA or know anything that's going on with TNA. In my opinion they are all lying!

"They all knew who Kia was after what she and I did in TNA. They hired me back for a reason. If I was doing nothing during that time I don't think I would have got hired back."
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Gail Kim talks about why she's disgusted with WWE   Gail Kim talks about why she's disgusted with WWE EmptyThu 20 Oct 2011, 8:38 pm

Why am I not surprised?

and people still think going to WWE is all it's cracked up to be...NOT!
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Gail Kim talks about why she's disgusted with WWE   Gail Kim talks about why she's disgusted with WWE EmptyThu 20 Oct 2011, 11:07 pm

I still dont feel sorry for her tbh.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Gail Kim talks about why she's disgusted with WWE   Gail Kim talks about why she's disgusted with WWE EmptyThu 20 Oct 2011, 11:28 pm

Good read.

Just shows that wwe is at practically an all time low for women's wrestling when they have a current division/title..

Whatever though she'll be back in TNA so I am just happy for that!
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Gail Kim talks about why she's disgusted with WWE   Gail Kim talks about why she's disgusted with WWE EmptyFri 21 Oct 2011, 6:42 pm

Reminds me of what Melina said awhile back. When she met girls and they told her they wanted to grow up and be a WWE diva, she was saying in her head "No sweetie, you don't"

It's just a shame how WWE treat their women. I really wish the talented women would just say fuck you and leave. Gail got tired of it so I'm hoping others are tired of it too
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gail Kim talks about why she's disgusted with WWE   Gail Kim talks about why she's disgusted with WWE Empty

Back to top Go down

Gail Kim talks about why she's disgusted with WWE
Page 1 of 1