Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Fassbender: GQ's Breakout Man of the Year For 2011!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Michael Fassbender: GQ's Breakout Man of the Year For 2011! Empty
PostSubject: Michael Fassbender: GQ's Breakout Man of the Year For 2011!   Michael Fassbender: GQ's Breakout Man of the Year For 2011! EmptySat 19 Nov 2011, 6:09 pm

http://www.gq.com/moty/2011/michael-fassbender-gq-men-of-the-year-issue

Michael Fassbender: GQ's Breakout Man of the Year For 2011! Michael-fassbender-article

Every Michael Fassbender fan freaks out in his or her own special way. Critics draw Daniel Day-Lewis comparisons, bloggers term themselves "Fassinators," and women pass out in movie theaters when the actor comes on-screen. The fainting occurred at the Toronto International Film Festival, at the premiere of Shame, a movie in which he stars as a mournful sex addict. The film was acquired by Fox Searchlight and will see its release timed for optimal Oscar consideration in December. The unconscious woman was revived and taken to the hospital.

When he shows up for this interview on a sunny New York morning, it is not immediately clear what the fuss is about. He says hello, lights up a Camel, and dissolves sleepily into a deck chair on a terrace in Chelsea. To his left, the Hudson River; to his right, potted palms. He doesn't look anything like he does on-screen, and this is not a roundabout way of implying that he is short. It's a neutral fact. Instead of fusilli ringlets (Jane Eyre), Fassbender's hair is close-cropped and gingery. Instead of a delicate complexion and boomerang jawline (Inglourious Basterds), his chin is blurred by whiskers and his forehead well lined. In real life, his eyes do not penetrate (X-Men: First Class), and his muscles cannot cast shadows (300). Even when geared up as Magneto, Fassbender is so handsome that it's almost tacky. But in person, wearing a faded T-shirt, leather jacket, and boots with the sort of white cotton socks your dad might buy, he's manageably beautiful—the kind of man whose face warrants a pause, not a faint. When Fassbender claims that people still don't recognize him on the street—that his favorite activity is to "observe, blend in, and disappear amongst the crowd"—it's possible to believe him, because he can evidently molt skins.

David Cronenberg, who directed Fassbender as Carl Jung in this year's A Dangerous Method, says that the actor so effectively lost himself in the part that at the Venice Film Festival, "nobody recognized him until we introduced him to the audience." Both men were pleased by this. Shape-shifting, Cronenberg said, is a rare and fantastic skill for an actor to have: "The more a chameleon you can be, the better off you are."

Fassbender, at 34, has an appealingly weathered face. Unlike most of his American peers, he looks (and acts) his age, perhaps because he's been at this awhile. Shortly after high school, he moved from Ireland to London to study acting. Success was patchy, and he built a decade-long portfolio of near misses, disappointments, and bartending jobs before a stream of TV work allowed him to act full-time.

"Michael's got a working-class attitude, in a good way," says Cronenberg, and Fassbender's approach does contain an element of manual labor. To prepare for a role, he'll read a screenplay as many as 300 times in daily shifts of seven hours. What he first seeks in a project is literary merit: "I like a story that is challenging to me as a reader, and therefore as an audience, and therefore as a player." Which often translates into parts he can disappear into.

Shame, the latest of these feats, begins with the actor naked and laid out on post-sex bedsheets like a strip of raw bacon. This is the actor's second collaboration with Britain's Steve McQueen, who directed him in 2008's Hunger. For that film, Fassbender dropped forty pounds to play the IRA prisoner Bobby Sands, and Shame demands similar physical sacrifices. His every crease and follicle is on view as the compulsively oversexed Brandon, who lives in a cashmere-lined world of luxury and self-loathing. (Think Patrick Bateman in a minor key.) Fassbender cannily plays Brandon as if he were a cyborg trying to imitate human behavior: His reaction times are off, his stares inappropriate, his bearing frozen. When asked how he readied himself for the film's many nude scenes, he is characteristically proletarian: "You feel awkward and mortified, but you get on with it. I'm not easily embarrassed."

If Shame fails to strip Fassbender of his cheerful anonymity, Prometheus will. Ridley Scott's latest addition to the Alien franchise almost guarantees the actor will be ubiquitous before July. For his part, Scott doesn't care whether his leading man is a household name by then. As he puts it simply, "Michael is the real thing."
--------------------------------------
Anyone a fan of his work or want to see any of his soon to be released films?
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Michael Fassbender: GQ's Breakout Man of the Year For 2011!   Michael Fassbender: GQ's Breakout Man of the Year For 2011! EmptySat 19 Nov 2011, 8:54 pm

He did the damn thang as Magneto! I loved it. I came when he said, "Peace Was Never An Option." He's great, but he's no Zachary Quinto.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Michael Fassbender: GQ's Breakout Man of the Year For 2011!   Michael Fassbender: GQ's Breakout Man of the Year For 2011! EmptySat 19 Nov 2011, 9:05 pm

Yeah I liked him so much as Magneto and I can't wait for the next X-Men movie!

I look forward to his 3 upcoming films.

I recently got Hunger on DVD from my library so I'll have to watch that later on.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Michael Fassbender: GQ's Breakout Man of the Year For 2011!   Michael Fassbender: GQ's Breakout Man of the Year For 2011! EmptySun 20 Nov 2011, 1:37 am

Im interested in seeing some of his movies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Fassbender: GQ's Breakout Man of the Year For 2011!   Michael Fassbender: GQ's Breakout Man of the Year For 2011! Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Fassbender: GQ's Breakout Man of the Year For 2011!
Page 1 of 1