Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Yields Sixth Hot 100 Top 10

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Yields Sixth Hot 100 Top 10  Empty
PostSubject: Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Yields Sixth Hot 100 Top 10    Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Yields Sixth Hot 100 Top 10  EmptyWed 23 Nov 2011, 11:26 pm

http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbeat/katy-perry-s-teenage-dream-yields-sixth-1005558552.story#/column/chartbeat/katy-perry-s-teenage-dream-yields-sixth-1005558552.story

Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Yields Sixth Hot 100 Top 10  1180499-katy-perry-collage-617-409

Katy Perry squeezes in yet another impressive achievement for which to be thankful this year.

Her "Teenage Dream" album becomes just the seventh album in the 53-year history of the Billboard Hot 100 to generate at least six top 10s, as "The One That Got Away" leaps 15-10.

The song joins the set's first five singles, all of which reached No. 1: "California Gurls," featuring Snoop Dogg; the title cut, "Firework"; "E.T.," featuring Kanye West; and, "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)"

All charts will be refreshed tomorrow (Nov. 24), as they are each Thursday, on Billboard.com.

A more mammoth milestone could still lie ahead for Perry: with one more No.1 from the set, "Teenage Dream" would pass Michael Jackson's "Bad" to become the first album to generate six Hot 100 No. 1s.

Now in its 65th week on the Billboard 200, "Teenage Dream" has sold 1.9 million copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Upon Perry's latest feat, here is a look at the select seven albums, by five artists, to spawn as many as six Hot 100 top 10s, an achievement last managed by Janet Jackson's "janet." in 1993-94:

"Thriller," Michael Jackson, 1982-84
Seven: "The Girl Is Mine," with Paul McCartney (No. 2), "Billie Jean" (No. 1, seven weeks), "Beat It" (No. 1, three weeks), "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' " (No. 5), "Human Nature" (No. 7), "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)" (No. 10), "Thriller" (No. 4)

"Born in the U.S.A.," Bruce Springsteen, 1984-86
Seven: "Dancing in the Dark" (No. 2), "Cover Me" (No. 7), "Born in the USA" (No. 9), "I'm on Fire" (No. 6), "Glory Days" (No. 5), "I'm Goin' Down" (No. 9), "My Hometown" (No. 6). (The only rock album among the elite club, "Born" never bore a Hot 100 No. 1. Still, the collection ruled the Billboard 200 for seven weeks and has been certified 15-times Platinum by the RIAA).

"Rhythm Nation 1814," Janet Jackson, 1989-91
Seven: "Miss You Much" (No. 1, four weeks), "Rhythm Nation" (No. 2), "Escapade" (No. 1, three weeks), "Alright" (No. 4), "Come Back to Me" (No. 2), "Black Cat" (No. 1, one week), "Love Will Never Do (Without You" (No. 1, one week). (One of three albums boasting seven top 10s, "Rhythm Nation 1814" might have housed an unprecedented eighth top 10 had "State of the World" been released as a commercial single. While it rose to No. 5 on Hot 100 Airplay, it was ineligible to appear on the Hot 100 due to rules at the time barring album tracks from the survey).
---------------------------------------
What is your favorite Katy Perry song if you like her at all?
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Yields Sixth Hot 100 Top 10    Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Yields Sixth Hot 100 Top 10  EmptyThu 24 Nov 2011, 12:33 am

I am a big fan of Katy Perry. When this album came out, I was not a big fan, but it has turned out some really great songs. I think The One That Got Away and Firework are the best ones so far.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Yields Sixth Hot 100 Top 10    Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Yields Sixth Hot 100 Top 10  EmptyThu 24 Nov 2011, 12:54 am

My favorite of her songs from this album is Teenage Dream and E.T.

I think she has a shot of breaking the record but at least she has 6 Top 10 singles [5 of which have hit # 1].
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Yields Sixth Hot 100 Top 10    Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Yields Sixth Hot 100 Top 10  EmptyThu 24 Nov 2011, 1:28 am

I like teenage dream.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Yields Sixth Hot 100 Top 10    Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Yields Sixth Hot 100 Top 10  Empty

Back to top Go down

Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Yields Sixth Hot 100 Top 10
Page 1 of 1