Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hugh Laurie to Retire? Star Hints 'House' Season 8 Will be Last

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Hugh Laurie to Retire? Star Hints 'House' Season 8 Will be Last Empty
PostSubject: Hugh Laurie to Retire? Star Hints 'House' Season 8 Will be Last   Hugh Laurie to Retire? Star Hints 'House' Season 8 Will be Last EmptySun 27 Nov 2011, 4:43 am

Hugh Laurie has suggested that he will retire from acting on the small screen when the current series of hit TV show “House” comes to an end.

Laurie, now most-famous for his portrayal of grumpy doctor Gregory House on Fox’s medical drama, gave the hint in a recent interview.

In the interview with the Daily Record he said, “I can't imagine there will be another one quite like this. I think I will probably be as interested by either writing or producing or directing, or some other aspect. I find the whole field of it fascinating. And I think I am extremely lucky to have had the one shot that I have had at it and I wouldn't go looking for lightning to strike twice.”

“House” is now in its eighth season and has been one of the most successful TV drama series of the past decade.

Laurie said, “I hope I'm not going to drop dead, assuming that I'm unplugged. We have done 170-odd shows, that's about 56 feature films worth. That's a huge amount of experience and that sort of experience gives you a confidence in a way. I think that I have a confidence that I might not have had.”

Despite the show’s continued success Laurie has hinted that the eighth season will be the last. He told England’s Radio Times: “The end of (the eighth) season, right now, looks like the end of the show. That is as far as they have got me for.”
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Laurie to Retire? Star Hints 'House' Season 8 Will be Last   Hugh Laurie to Retire? Star Hints 'House' Season 8 Will be Last EmptySun 27 Nov 2011, 11:35 am

Well VLG will be sad. Hugh Laurie to Retire? Star Hints 'House' Season 8 Will be Last 478927

I don't watch the show but it has been on a while so 8 seasons would be a good enough run.

As for his future I guess he is interested in all forms of entertainment so good luck to him if he wants to become a producer, director, etc.
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Laurie to Retire? Star Hints 'House' Season 8 Will be Last   Hugh Laurie to Retire? Star Hints 'House' Season 8 Will be Last EmptySun 27 Nov 2011, 3:06 pm

House is a fantastic show. But I would much rather see it go out while it is still interesting than wait until the stories have gone to crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Laurie to Retire? Star Hints 'House' Season 8 Will be Last   Hugh Laurie to Retire? Star Hints 'House' Season 8 Will be Last Empty

Back to top Go down

Hugh Laurie to Retire? Star Hints 'House' Season 8 Will be Last
Page 1 of 1