Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Santino, can he make it?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

Santino, can he make it? Empty
PostSubject: Santino, can he make it?   Santino, can he make it? EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 11:38 am

Having seen Santino's performance in the Elimination Chamber, and thinking back on his career thus far, I'm wondering if WWE are building him up for a Main Event push?

Think about it, in his debut match he won the Intercontinental Championship, and did it by becoming only the third man to defeat Umaga. He was later paired with Beth Phoenix, at the time her on-screen character was the Divas version of Cena or Orton in terms of success, again winning the Intercontinental Championship. In late 2010, he and Vladimir Kozlov won the Tag Team Championship from The Nexus, at the time still a high profile stable in WWE. Then, at the beginning of 2011, he finishes as the Runner-Up in the Royal Rumble, a match he had lasted under 30 seconds total in all his previous appearances. A couple of injuries led to a quiet 2011, but then he became the Assisstant General Manager to Teddy Long on Smackdown, gaining regular exposure on both Raw and Smackdown. When Zack Ryder received that privelige, it was part of the biggest push of his career. Santino is seemingly starting to mirror that, as now he competed for the World Heavyweight Championship inside the Elimination Chamber, and whats more, was the final man eliminated.

I may be wrong, but to me it looks to me as though Santino is being built up to the Main Event scene. If his gimmick is tweaked and becomes more serious, and has a heel turn, I think he could legitimately compete with the likes of Orton, Christian, Cena and others. Whilst I struggle to see him as a World Champion, I could see him up there, bringing the fight to the established Main Event.

Does anyone else agree with me there?
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Santino, can he make it?   Santino, can he make it? EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 11:41 am

I don't see Santino getting any world championship runs. But i do see him in the HOF 20 years from now, purely because he is one of the characters who won't ever make it big BUT will always be entertaining and be remembered for that.

There are many guys currently in the HOF who has never been world champion but had such a memorable character and one or two really great main event pushes they were remembered for that.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Santino, can he make it?   Santino, can he make it? EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 11:42 am

No way do I feel he should be built up for a WH or WWE title run..

IC/US should be the max he gets [again].

I don't really feel the WWE would go that route anyways. I mean they have others I would expect them to push to a world title long before him.

I have not seen the EC match however from what I read alone it seemed he made the most of it which is great for him I just don't think this is going to be the start of him consistently main eventing.
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Paige
Brie Bella
Bully Ray

PostSubject: Re: Santino, can he make it?   Santino, can he make it? EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 2:22 pm

I dont think he'll win a World Title, I'll be a little surprised if he does. But I can see him working the Main Event for a while, becoming a legitimate force before a lengthy run on the Upper-Midcard.
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Santino, can he make it?   Santino, can he make it? EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 2:55 pm

Santino doesn't deserve it, he didn't deserve to be in the chamber match last night either. I don't know what WWE were thinking putting him in that and having him outlast everyone but Daniel Bryan. Keep him in backstage segments where he belongs and out of the ring
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Paige
Brie Bella
Bully Ray

PostSubject: Re: Santino, can he make it?   Santino, can he make it? EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 5:16 pm

I think thats possibly a bit unfair. Santino is a consistant worker, great on the mic, not too shoddy in the ring. I think its his gimmick thats holding him back. Change his gimmick to be much more serious and change his finisher to a more respectable one and we have a concrete Upper-Midcard talent on our hands.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Santino, can he make it?   Santino, can he make it? EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 11:59 pm

^ I think you could be right with that however if he wasn't like he is today I don't think people would care as much about him.. :-/

IC/US competitor is the best place for him and a tag team challenger every now and then when he finds another suitable tag partner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Santino, can he make it?   Santino, can he make it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Santino, can he make it?
Page 1 of 1