Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need Advice...

Go down 
+4
The Sexy Vixen
King Silva
WhatAboutBigBob
TornadoDDT
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TornadoDDT
AKA Silverz
TornadoDDT

Male
Number of posts : 693
Favorite WWE Diva : Sasha Banks
Stephanie McMahon
Paige
AJ Lee
Eva Marie

Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Need Advice... Empty
PostSubject: Need Advice...   Need Advice... EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 12:22 am

I think its safe to say as a fan of pro-wrestling we all have that little kid in us that wants to try it for real. I definitely want to do that, but not for a year or so. I start cosmetology school July 30th. So I will be quite busy but... I thought why not after give it a shot?

I love acting, I love performing. Thats the aspect I like. I don't really want to wrestle unless ask. I'm a short, skinny, gay male. I think thats part of it. Its not that I'm uncomfortable with my sexuality, but I'm sure the wrestling business would. Yes, I shouldn't care what others think, but I have this feeling in the back of my mind that I'd just get a hard time from the male wrestlers.

I already have such a great idea for a character. One of the Divas/Females managers. I could play their flamboyant hair stylist or something like that and help them cheat. I would try OVW because its the most near by. I don't know how far I'd go with it, but its that little childhood dream I've got to try.

Can I get some advice on all this? Please and thank you.
Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Number of posts : 600
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar
Registration date : 2012-05-06

Need Advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice...   Need Advice... EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 2:20 am

As my plan is if I don't make the Pittsburgh Power Arena Football Team this winter, I'm going to go the wrestling route as well so I'm sort of in the same boat as you.

I would personally find one of those wrestling schools that also has manager training so that you at least have something in your background with training. I know I have the Wild Samoan School a few hours from me and they have manager training if that's what way you want to go.

Honestly, just the little description you give, the first thing I thought of was Rico. I'm not sure if you remember him, but I'd look him up and see if that's what you really want. He did wrestle though, but what you want to do character wise and the way he acted, I think it would go hand in hand with what you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Need Advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice...   Need Advice... EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 3:42 am

I say go for it.

That character could work; good luck too.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Need Advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice...   Need Advice... EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 4:21 pm

Get in an acting school of some sort then try your hand at a small wrestling school someplace. tell them you'd like to pursue the career of manager...

they can atleast teach you the basics, like how to fall properly...so you can mix it up on the outside with other managers.

Go For it hun!! and dont forget us when you get to the WWE!!!
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female
Number of posts : 13288
Job/hobbies : Skelevangelist
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Tommy Dreamer

Need Advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice...   Need Advice... EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 2:28 am

Go for it!
Back to top Go down
TornadoDDT
AKA Silverz
TornadoDDT

Male
Stephanie McMahon
Paige
AJ Lee
Eva Marie

Angelina Love

Need Advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice...   Need Advice... EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 5:39 pm

I'm in acting classes now. I love it, but still want to go for wrestling. And to WhatAboutBigBob yes I know who Rico is, but I'm not shooting for his look really. And is he actually gay? I did e-mail Nic Dinsmore and this is the response I received.

Logan,

Hello and thank you for your inquiry. If you want to follow your dream in the professional wrestling business as a hair-dressing manager, then OVW is the best place for you to begin that journey.

If you have not yet completed an application to the Nick Dinsmore Professional Wrestling Class, please do so at: www.ovwrestling.com/training/beginner

Are you ready to begin your pro wrestling training? OVW is the exclusive developmental wrestling territory for TNA Impact Wrestling. If you want to become a Pro Wrestling Superstar, then OVW is the place to begin your training!

The next semester of The Nick Dinsmore Pro Wrestling Class will begin Monday July 23, 2012. The class is located at OVW's Davis Arena at 4400 Shepherdsville Rd, Louisville, KY 40218. The classes will be every Monday & Tuesday from 5-7pm. The class is 10 weeks long and costs $1000. You can pay now via PayPal at: www.ovwrestling.com Click on training. Pay as soon as possible to guarantee your spot in the class Monday July 23,2012.

You will also need to get your 2012 Kentucky State Wrestling license. If you do not yet have your 2012 Kentucky state wrestling license, apply for the license at: www.kbwa.ky.gov. Include a photocopy of your passport or ID when sending your application. You will also need a physical from a Doctor to be licensed. Send a copy of your physical along with the completed application, copy of ID or passport, and license payment. ******You must be licensed before you can begin your training.

Let me know if you have any more questions,
Nick Dinsmore
Follow me on Twitter @Ugenedinsmore

So apparently it would work. I guess I'll have to wait and ask more questions when its closer to that date. I'm so little though, lol. Are people going to take me seriously? Yes I'm going to be just manager material, but if I do a beginner class I'm going to look so tiny against everyone else. And I realize I'm worrying too much about what people think...but I have to take these things into account. And I feel like TNA would scoop me up in a heart beat for some silly storyline hahaha. I won't complain! What are your guys thoughts?
Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Number of posts : 600
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar
Registration date : 2012-05-06

Need Advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice...   Need Advice... EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 6:21 pm

His character was gay, yes. He isn't actually gay. I'm not saying for his look, but the way his character was.

Also, I was looking into the Nick Dinsmore class myself as well. The one thing you will have to go against, and I'm saying this because you brought it up, is going against people 3 and 4 times your size.
Back to top Go down
TornadoDDT
AKA Silverz
TornadoDDT

Male
Stephanie McMahon
Paige
AJ Lee
Eva Marie

Angelina Love

Need Advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice...   Need Advice... EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 6:33 pm

Thanks everyone for the input!

And to the above...

Thats what worries me. These guys are literally going to be 3 times my size...I'm little, I have always been. I can bulk up a little I'm sure, but I could never get the size of a "wrestler". Like physically, I don't think I could.

And...would they take me seriously? I understand I have to be confident in myself and all, but I love this just as much as a huge bodybuilder would and I just don't know...

I guess they would require me to take the 1 class, but what happens after that? I start working shows? Or managing someone? I just can see me really doing this and working well on a mic.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Need Advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice...   Need Advice... EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 8:10 pm

Can I ask you a question?
Why don't you just do both?.If your paying 1000 to learn how to take bumps and train you mine as well Atleast try out wrestling for awhile.I would become a cruserweight type of wrestler because I love the high flying moves.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Need Advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice...   Need Advice... EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 9:43 pm

I just curious how small are you in stature?
Back to top Go down
TornadoDDT
AKA Silverz
TornadoDDT

Male
Stephanie McMahon
Paige
AJ Lee
Eva Marie

Angelina Love

Need Advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice...   Need Advice... EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 1:39 pm

I'm around 5'6" and 118lbs...

I'm tiny.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Need Advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice...   Need Advice... EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 3:11 pm

Oh, ok.

To DL's point (MrKellKelly): if you're interested in getting in the ring and not just managing, why not try your luck?

What kind of wrestling style do you like most: lucha, brawler, technical?

Impossible is nothing, dude! Best of luck! But YOU have to believe in yourself.
Back to top Go down
TornadoDDT
AKA Silverz
TornadoDDT

Male
Stephanie McMahon
Paige
AJ Lee
Eva Marie

Angelina Love

Need Advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice...   Need Advice... EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 3:58 pm

I just want to go there and be taken seriously, but something tells me I won't be.

I already know my character for sure. My real name is Logan Roettger, but middle name is Edward so I'd go by Logan Edwards "Beauty Expert". Come to the ring with beauty products telling the fans how ugly they are and bragging about my being a licensed cosmetologist. Kind of like a Simon Dean, but instead of weight more of looks.

As for my wrestling style I don't see me being technical or brawler. Possibly just dirty. The thing is, cruiserweight/x-division is probably all I could go for if I get in the ring and even then I'm tiny. I would like to wrestle, but on rare occasions I guess. I could see me managing a Dolph Ziggler type character and being thrown in tag matches.

I'd have to finish school first and thats another 10 1/2 months away, but I've got to do this! I'll never know until I try.
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Need Advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice...   Need Advice... EmptySat 28 Jul 2012, 10:13 pm

If you don't make a big deal about being gay then hopefully they won't. I say if that's what you want to do then do it and if that company doesn't treat you right then find another one. I also really like your character idea and name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need Advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice...   Need Advice... Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Advice...
Page 1 of 1