Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raw All Time Diva: Women of Raw

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Raw All Time Diva: Women of Raw Empty
PostSubject: Raw All Time Diva: Women of Raw   Raw All Time Diva: Women of Raw EmptySat 21 Jul 2012, 11:20 am

Raw All Time Diva: Women of Raw Group1-1

There have been many polls and tournaments remembering Divas who have graced our screens during the years but most came down to favoritism and who won more championships. I’ve decided to highlight a few women, who I personally feel have made memorable moments and graced the way we saw Raw every week. They created moments we still talk about today and will go down in wrestling history as some of the most memorable and outrageous women in wrestling. Thing is, Where do we start? Where do we begin when we start talking about the Raw’s All time WWE Diva?

Well guess we start early in the Raw days and of course one of my personal favorites Sunny. Sunny is the self proclaimed original Diva herself. Though hated by most Women’s wrestling fans out there due to her constant remarks. Sunny’s contribution to women’s wrestling is beyond the role many Women had back in her day. When women were only considered wrestlers or valet’s Sunny did multiple interviews, did commentary, and graced multiple magazine covers. Sunny did more than was expected of women, though her contribution to women in wrestling is often not acknowledged by fans because Sunny was never a wrestler, but let’s not forget, whenever we see a Diva on ringside doing commentary, just keep in mind, Sunny, was one of the first women to ever do ringside commentary. For the young woman that Sunny was, WWE then WWF, put a lot of responsibility on this young girls shoulder and she tried her best, to always come out and be star. Which is why, we now take time to remember Sunny, as one of the All time Raw Diva in WWE History.

Before there was LayCool, before The Beautiful People took the wrestling world by storm, even before the fun duo of Stacy Kiebler and Torrie Wilson teamed up regularly, P.M.S. was a duo that always drew attention on Raw. The rough and tough Jacqueline served as the muscle, while the vindictive Terri Runnels was the Beauty of the duo. Both women started out in complete different roles before becoming P.M.S. Jacqueline started out as a group of very diverse women who brought back the women’s division back to it’s feet. Jacqueline had a huge helping hand in building Sable into the phenom she became. Jacqueline also worked part time as a referee for the women’s matches, something we don’t see today on Raw. Jacqueline became the first African American woman to win the Women’s Championship. All in all, she had a Nice run in the WWE. Terri Runnels, started out as Marlena, alongside Sunny and many others were part of great era for female valet’s, she also got “pregnant”, had a feud with Miss Kitty as well as taking a crazy beat down from Victoria. Terri also served part time as a interviewer, where she had the luck of having a run as Hardcore champion. Individually and as a duo, Terri Runnels and Jacqueline, better known as P.M.S. had one great run in the WWE and entertained Raw viewers worldwide.

She was a dynamic athlete and wrestled countless women all around the world and held the women’s championship three times, though her time on Raw was not as lengthy as many, she was certainly one of the women who changed the way we saw Raw, in probably the most diverse group of women on the roster at that time, like Bull Nakano and Bertha Faye, this lady certainly took both these women to the limit. I’m talking about Alundra Blayze who was the first athlete/pretty face to grace our screen. Wrestling of the best talent the world had to offer. Alundra had the courtesy of wrestling when Raw first started and made a huge impact in the world of wrestling, though her time on Raw was cut short due to financial difficulties WWE was facing at that time. She may have also been the first step towards “New Age” divas, since we all know she was written off TV to go get a Nose job and a boob job, something that seems to be a must in the WWE these days. Regardless Alundra Blayze will forever be remembered as the woman who defeated both Bull Nakano and Bertha Faye, two women who were highly recognized back in those days.

These are just some of many faces who have brought us memories on Raw to last us a lifetime. Which is why I’m happy to name them “Raw’s All Time Divas”.

Article written by Kevin

Last edited by Shimmer Mark on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Raw All Time Diva: Women of Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw All Time Diva: Women of Raw   Raw All Time Diva: Women of Raw EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 11:57 pm

In this second part, we are going to highlight three former Women’s Champion who were all equally popular in the WWE (then WWF) all at the same time, though in different parts, different capability and all brought different fans to the product. Oddly enough, none of the three women ever had a proper rivalry between each other but yet were at the top of their own little position they had in the WWF then.

Raw All Time Diva: Women of Raw Group2

After Moolah single handedly made and trained and build a women’s wrestling division and right before Trish Stratus broke new heights in Women’s wrestling this little lady revived what build and created a whole new form of diva all together. If by now you have no Idea who I’m talking about, then maybe you haven’t been paying much attention to Raw. I’m talking about Sable, when it seemed like there wasn’t going to be a Women’s Division anymore, in came Sable, who changed the way we saw Divas all together. Sable, alongside Jacqueline, Tori, Ivory and Luna, built one of the most dynamic and fun division the WWE has seen since the departure of Alundra Blayze. Sable became the girl all the girls wanted to be and all the boys came to see, if you don’t believe me, just ask her yourself. Sable was pushed to the moon and became one of the first women WWE has put loads of attention on since Sunny, she did a bunch of new things and moves we rarely see women use, like a simple powerbomb. Either way, Sable was one of the first Women to pave the way for all the women that came after and was also one of Raw’s All Time Divas.

Though many might disagree with me on my next choice, I honestly feel she deserves some recognition for her little contribution to Women in wrestling and for her many appearances on Raw, I’m talking about Debra, Ms. “Puppies” herself. Though many have cringed and wanted to blow their head off because of the term “Puppies” often being associated with every diva heading towards the ring, we can thank Debra for that. Debra was basically a Sunny or Marlena, that WWE didn’t really invest AS much time into, though because of her obvious assets, became one of Raw’s most memorable divas. Though many always overlook Debra as any role model or Icon in Women’s wrestling, my respect for her will always remain intact. She wasn’t a wrestler, she was no athlete, she had her fair share of matches (most bad) but she was permanent part of the show, she was often the center of many storylines and could swing a guitar when needed. To have a permanent role on television in a male dominated world is hard as is, if she had to flaunt her puppies to get there, it helped her and for years whenever we saw Torrie Wilson or Stacy Kiebler or Trish Stratus in the ring and hear the term “Puppies” it was all Debra’s doing and for that, she gets her own little spot right here as one of “Raw’’s All Time Diva”

Next up, we are going s, to talk about the woman who won multiple championships on Raw and broke boundaries many many times. If you thought Trish, well great guess but we aren’t there yet, talking about Chyna, who broke many grounds and became one of the most memorable and respected women in Wrestling. She did so, wrestling men. From feuding with Jeff Jarret and Chris Jericho to her romance with Eddie Guererro to her Alliance with D-Generation X, there are many memorable Raw Moments we could take upon and remember Chyna by. Chyna certainly was the woman to be and worked hard to be one of the best. She has had many memorable Raw moment there was no doubt I could exclude her from this group of Lovely, lovely women. So let’s remember Chyna as one of “Raw’s All Time Diva”
Back to top Go down

Raw All Time Diva: Women of Raw
Page 1 of 1