Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sofia Cortez Released!

Go down 
+3
The Sexy Vixen
perceval
King Silva
7 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Sofia Cortez Released! Empty
PostSubject: Sofia Cortez Released!   Sofia Cortez Released! EmptySat 11 Aug 2012, 10:32 pm

Sofia Cortez Released! Sofiacortez

http://www.diva-dirt.com/2012/08/11/sofia-cortez-released/

Former WWE Tough Enough contestant Sofia Cortez, real name Ivelisse Velez, has revealed that she has been released by WWE.

Writing on Twitter, she said: “I, as well, have been released by WWE. Sorry my #Soljas….”

Velez, an experienced independent wrestler before joining WWE, rose to fame last year on the USA Network revival of Tough Enough hosted by Stone Cold Steve Austin and featuring Trish Stratus as a trainer. Velez was eliminated after suffering a groin injury, but was later signed by WWE.

Most recently, she appeared on the newly rebranded NXT defeating Paige in the first Divas match on the new version.

------------------

Teary Eyed

Was anyone a fan of Sofia from Tough Enough and or FCW/NXT?
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Sofia Cortez Released!   Sofia Cortez Released! EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 4:52 pm

Some more on the story from the dirtsheets...

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/346785443.php

- As noted before, WWE has released former Tough Enough competitor Ivelisse Vélez, who appeared in Florida Championship Wrestling as Sofia Cortez.

Word coming out of developmental is that Ivelisse received rave reviews in the ring from some but she had an attitude problem. F4Wonline.com reports that sources say she thought she was better than what the trainers thought of her. Ivelisse had apparently made noise about how she should be working on WWE's main roster.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Sofia Cortez Released!   Sofia Cortez Released! EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 4:55 pm

that's why you just smile and nod in WWE....dont speak out...smile and nod...

sucks for her. she was pretty
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Sofia Cortez Released!   Sofia Cortez Released! EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 5:27 pm

Yeah Idk what she was thinking you have to be very cautious for the first couple years..

It is a shame because I think she would have been on the main roster if she had just shut her mouth.

Hopefully TNA scoops her up.
Back to top Go down
Vince
Main Eventer
Vince

Male
Number of posts : 503
Job/hobbies : Acting
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Justin Gabriel
Heath Slater
Tyler Reks
Ryback
Kane
Zack Ryder
Xavier Woods
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Natalya
Layla
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Zema Ion
Samoa Joe
Douglas Williams
Chavo Guerrero, Jr.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Sofia Cortez Released!   Sofia Cortez Released! EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 5:29 pm

That's why people with personalities, like everyone on this forum, wouldn't be able to handle the backstage craze.
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

PostSubject: Re: Sofia Cortez Released!   Sofia Cortez Released! EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 6:07 pm

It's worth noting that Mickie, Melina, & Beth didn't make noise about being in Developmental for a long time, and they wound up with a combined 15 Women's & Divas Championships. And, no one can say that they, especially Mickie & Melina, lacked personalities or didn't speak their minds.

Also, remember Luke, Mr. "I was on Tough Enough so I should be on the main roster and getting top pay, right away." Weird how the first one eliminated on the show is now the last one there, and the one who made it to the main roster. I guess Naomi kept her in line.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Sofia Cortez Released!   Sofia Cortez Released! EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 6:16 pm

Poor Luke should have won and should be in the mid card atm..

And yeah Ariane sure has stuck around longer than I think anyone could have envisioned after her elimination from Tough Enough..
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Sofia Cortez Released!   Sofia Cortez Released! EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 6:21 pm

Wasn't the reason Luke didn't win was because his erotic gay wrestling he did?
As far this girl goes this to me I honestly don't care for at all they got plenty of other women on the roster who I feel are much better than her anyways.And Off topic the hype for this chick Paige is REALLY annoying.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Sofia Cortez Released!   Sofia Cortez Released! EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 6:42 pm

Mr.KellyKelly wrote:
Wasn't the reason Luke didn't win was because his erotic gay wrestling he did?
As far this girl goes this to me I honestly don't care for at all they got plenty of other women on the roster who I feel are much better than her anyways.And Off topic the hype for this chick Paige is REALLY annoying.

I guess although he was never naked whereas lots of divas/superstars have been naked in one way or another and kept/gotten a job..

As for the hype for Paige she deserves it.

She's the future and I can't wait til she is on the main roster..
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Sofia Cortez Released!   Sofia Cortez Released! EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 9:56 pm

Mr.KellyKelly wrote:
And Off topic the hype for this chick Paige is REALLY annoying.

This chick Paige? Seriously? She is the future of women's wrestling. Today, if she were called up to the main roster, she could out wrestle almost every one of the women currently there. At 19, she has got so much talent. In my opinion, there isn't enough hype for her.
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

PostSubject: Re: Sofia Cortez Released!   Sofia Cortez Released! EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 10:13 pm

King Silva wrote:
Poor Luke should have won and should be in the mid card atm..

And yeah Ariane sure has stuck around longer than I think anyone could have envisioned after her elimination from Tough Enough..

Luke didn't want to work his way up. He thought he should have had a main roster spot straight out of Tough Enough.

The winners of the first two Tough Enough seasons got on the main roster straight off... and then faded into obscurity. Winning Tough Enough was the high point of their careers. John of Many Last Names who won the third season spent time in OVW, and became the biggest success in the history of TE.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love

PostSubject: Re: Sofia Cortez Released!   Sofia Cortez Released! EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 10:23 pm

All Im saying is Paige may be good but Natalya is better than her.I even think Eve could Atleast be on the same Page with her(LOL).
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Sofia Cortez Released!   Sofia Cortez Released! EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012, 12:06 am

Mr.KellyKelly wrote:
All Im saying is Paige may be good but Natalya is better than her.I even think Eve could Atleast be on the same Page with her(LOL).

Yeah, I will give you Natalya being better....and Beth is probably as well. But that is it. While Eve may be one of the better wrestlers on the Diva roster, I personally think she isn't anywhere near Paige's level. Regardless of the women on the main roster, Paige is the best thing WWE has in developmental. They need to cherish her talent and not waste it.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Sofia Cortez Released!   Sofia Cortez Released! EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012, 10:28 am

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Ivelisse_Velez_Disputes_Having_An_Attitude_Problem_Says_She_Was_Screwed_By_WWE.html

Ivelisse Vélez (a/k/a Sofia Cortez), who was released from her WWE developmental contract late last week, is disputing reports attributed to F4WOnline.com that her termination stemmed from a perceived "attitude problem." Dave Meltzer stated on Wrestling Observer Radio late Saturday that according to sources in Florida Championship Wrestling, Vélez believed her talent level did not correspond with her position in the organization and had been vocal about not being promoted to the main roster. The Puerto Rican grappler took to Twitter to dispute the online claims, which she labeled as "lies."

"It amazes me & breaks my <3 to have people says lies about me. Im 1 of the most humble person you'll ever meet. I & my people know #DaTrut," Vélez wrote Sunday. "So for the record: #No I DONT have an attitude or ego problem. #No Im NOT going to go on a rant & bad mouth @WWE. But #Yes I got screwed."

She continues, "Regardless though.. I am still endlessly grateful for all opportunities trusted upon me by @WWE during my time there. #CaseClosed."

Vélez also said her message in Spanish: "Clarifico: #No No tengo problemas de actitud o ego. #No No divulgare nada negativo sobre @WWE . Pero #Si Fue una injusticia hacia mi. Sea lo que sea.. Aun estoy mil veces agradecida por todas las oportunidades que @WWE confio en mi. #CasoCerrado."

She also re-tweeted a message stating, "I dont believe you had an attitude. I believe is that you were confident in your abilities and wanted to prove yourself."

Vélez reiterated her stance on being "screwed" by WWE to fellow firee A.W., who too was released by the organization last week. She wrote to him, "I got screwed too bro. #IFeelYaPain."
Back to top Go down
pokemon fan
World Champion
World Champion
pokemon fan

Male
Number of posts : 1034
Job/hobbies : Watching Wrestling
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Christian
John Cena
Thriple h
Mark Henery

Favorite WWE Diva : Trish Stratus
Lita
Candice
Melina
Beth Pheonix
Jazz
Sable
Molly Holly
Ivory
eve
alicia fox
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels
Amazing Red
Kurt Angle
AJ Styles
Hernedez
wolf
Favorite TNA Knockout : Tara
Serita
daffney
angelina love
velvet
madison
mickie
winter

Registration date : 2009-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Sofia Cortez Released!   Sofia Cortez Released! EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012, 12:36 pm

No offense but if you call yourself the most humble person your really not that humble
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love

PostSubject: Re: Sofia Cortez Released!   Sofia Cortez Released! EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012, 1:15 pm

Not tryna go off topic again but I wanted to respond to what shimmer mark said.I feel like Natayla is the best WWE Diva/Female wrestler as of now.She has the total package the looks,Talent,personality and someone who could play there role well little girls would love to look up to natayla.When she had that farting gimmick she turned it into a negative to a positive like the segment she had with Eve on SD.And as for Eve she could Be Turing into the next Trish a model to wrestler she at this point Is now official IMO a veteran in the ring and could have a good match with a few divas who are less talented like Kelly.She could play a great heel and an ok babyface shes not there all the way but she gets better and better every step of the way.As for Beth she needs some new moves and needs a new finisher she's been "the Glamazon" for years and it's Boring now.I respect her as a wrestler but she is not one of my favorites.As for Paige I feel like its way to early to judge her I wanna see what she can do in Divas Wrestling now Women's Wrestling I wanna see her play a character a gimmick or something.You can be one of the best wrestlers in the world and still be bad at playing gimmicks or a character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sofia Cortez Released!   Sofia Cortez Released! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sofia Cortez Released!
Page 1 of 1