Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Carly Rae Jepsen Claims Longest Hot 100 No. 1 Run of 2012

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Carly Rae Jepsen Claims Longest Hot 100 No. 1 Run of 2012  Empty
PostSubject: Carly Rae Jepsen Claims Longest Hot 100 No. 1 Run of 2012    Carly Rae Jepsen Claims Longest Hot 100 No. 1 Run of 2012  EmptyThu 23 Aug 2012, 3:41 am

Carly Rae Jepsen Claims Longest Hot 100 No. 1 Run of 2012  2291469-carly-rae-jepsen-617-409

http://www.billboard.com/news/carly-rae-jepsen-claims-longest-hot-100-1007780552.story#uIAKDOmZIRpdyVS4.99

Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" maintains its perch atop the Billboard Hot 100 for a ninth week, passing the chart's prior champ, Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know" (eight) for most frames atop the chart in 2012. With a combined 17 weeks at No. 1, the two most recent No. 1 songs hold the longest stint among back-to-back chart-toppers since The Black Eyed Peas spent a cumulative 26 weeks at No. 1 with "Boom Boom Pow" and "I Gotta Feeling" in 2009.

As announced yesterday, Jepsen will release her debut album, "Kiss," on September 18. Besides housing the omnipotent "Maybe," the set also contains her Owl City collaboration "Good Time," which continues to gain points, but is pushed down 13-14 on the Hot 100.

Gotye's former No. 1 holds at No. 6 on the Hot 100 and becomes the first track to surpass 6 million download sales (6.046 million) in the 2012 calendar year. Jepsen's "Maybe," meanwhile, surpasses 5 million downloads (5.019 million) and stands at No. 3 among sellers for the year, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Sandwiched in between is "We Are Young" by fun. featuring Janelle Monae (5.381 million).

The blindingly successful "Lights" by Ellie Goulding continues to barrel up the chart track, motoring 5-2. The track, which returns to No. 1 on On-Demand Songs, jumps 5-4 on Radio Songs (up 5% in audience impressions, according to Nielsen SoundScan) and slips 7-8 on Digital Songs (120,000, down 2%), could very well illuminate the top of the Hot 100 next week.

In contention for Hot 100 chart supremacy with "Lights" is the equally sensory-inducing "Whistle" by Flo Rida which moves 4-3 while abdicating the No. 1 slot on Digital Songs (1-2) with 222,000 (down 6%). The song remains just outside the top 10 of Radio Songs (13-12, up 13%).

Phillip Phillips becomes the first American Idol winner since David Cook in 2008 to post the week's top selling song in his or her coronation year as the rejuvenated "Home"- featured as NBC's theme to women's gymnastics coverage during the Summer Olympics - hightails it 47-1 on Digital Songs with 228,000 downloads (up 472%).

"Home" also races to a new Billboard Hot 100 peak 84-9 with Digital Gainer accolades. It's the largest jump into the top 10 since "Make Me Proud" by Drake featuring Nicki Minaj soared 97-9 on the chart dated Nov. 5, 2011.

"Home" debuted with a higher sales figure (278,000) on the June 9 charts (No. 2 on Digital Songs and No. 10 on the Hot 100) following Phillips' performance of the song on the May 23 Idol finale, but was held out of the top sales slot by Jepsen's "Maybe" (301,000).

Elsewhere in the Hot 100 top 10, Katy Perry's "Wide Awake" stumbles 2-4, though the track reaches a new peak on Radio Songs (3-2 with 116.6 million audience impressions).

Maroon 5 slips out of the top three for the first time in its chart run with "Payphone" (3-5). The song debuted at No. 3 on the May 5 chart and spent the subsequent 15 weeks among the top three, peaking at No. 2. The band's follow-up "One More Night" surges 54-30 with Airplay Gainer honors (up 50% in audience impressions).

Rihanna's "Where Have You Been" and "Titanium" by David Guetta featuring Sia remain stationary at No. 7 and No. 8, respectively.

P!nk places at No. 10 for a third straight week with "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)." The title lifts 11-10 on Radio Songs for her 13th top 10 on that tally.

Check Billboard.com tomorrow (Aug. 9), when all rankings, including the Hot 100 and On-Demand Songs in their entirety and Digital Songs and Radio Songs, will be refreshed, as they are each Thursday.
Back to top Go down

Carly Rae Jepsen Claims Longest Hot 100 No. 1 Run of 2012
Page 1 of 1