Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frank Ocean, P!nk Net Huge Sales After VMA Performances

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Frank Ocean, P!nk Net Huge Sales After VMA Performances Empty
PostSubject: Frank Ocean, P!nk Net Huge Sales After VMA Performances   Frank Ocean, P!nk Net Huge Sales After VMA Performances EmptySat 15 Sep 2012, 9:03 pm

http://www.thewrap.com/music/article/frank-ocean-pnk-net-huge-sales-after-vma-performances-55901

One Direction, Frank Ocean and P!nk were just a few of the artists that registered huge increases in album sales after performing at this year’s Video Music Awards, continuing a trend from past years of MTV’s hallmark event.

One Direction, a big winner at the VMAs with three moon men (the VMA trophy), saw album sales jump 27 percent following the broadcast while sales of their single, “One Thing,” rose 51 percent. The group also performed “One Thing” at the event, causing some teenage girls in attendance to swoon.

P!nk’s trapeze act at the awards show must have made an impression with viewers, as sales of her single “Blow Me One Last Kiss” spiked 89 percent, moving the song to sixth on the iTunes singles chart.

“Once again we see the immediate impact in sales from the VMAs,” Joe Riccitelli, EVP of Promotion at RCA Recods, P!nk’s label, said in a statement. “Both of our performing artists, P!nk and Alicia Keys, showed increases at iTunes in the 80 percent and 100 percent ranges respectively. They also both jumped inside of the Top 10 on ITunes songs chart within 24 hours. Now that is immediate impact.”

Though ratings for the awards show were down considerably from the past year, due in part to a move from Sunday night to Thursday night, the social buzz around the show was considerable.

As Riccitelli noted, Keys, who performed “Girl on Fire” at the VMAs alongside Olympic Gold Medalist Gabby Douglas, saw sales of the song rise 88 percent. In climbing to 8th on the iTunes chart, “Girl on Fire” is Keys’ highest ranked single on iTunes since “No One.”

Frank Ocean and Rihanna also benefited from their VMA, Ocean in particular. Sales of his debut album, the widely praised “Channel Orange,” jumped 49 percent while sales of “Thinkin Bout You,” which he performed in front of a faux desert campfire, rose 209 percent.
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Frank Ocean, P!nk Net Huge Sales After VMA Performances   Frank Ocean, P!nk Net Huge Sales After VMA Performances EmptySat 15 Sep 2012, 9:12 pm

I think Pink's record sells were going to do good regardless, I don't know much about Frank but I do like that song "Think about You", and I don't like that Girl on fire song, it's rather bland and boring, sadly Nicki has been disappointing me lately, the new song she released Thursday "Boys,BoysBoys" was lackluster too, it would have been better had Cassie NOT been in it.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Frank Ocean, P!nk Net Huge Sales After VMA Performances   Frank Ocean, P!nk Net Huge Sales After VMA Performances EmptySat 15 Sep 2012, 9:57 pm

I didn't see the VMAs however it is nice that artists got bumps in sales for being on the show.

Congrats to them all.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Frank Ocean, P!nk Net Huge Sales After VMA Performances   Frank Ocean, P!nk Net Huge Sales After VMA Performances EmptySun 16 Sep 2012, 12:31 am

Im looking forward to P!nk's new cd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frank Ocean, P!nk Net Huge Sales After VMA Performances   Frank Ocean, P!nk Net Huge Sales After VMA Performances Empty

Back to top Go down

Frank Ocean, P!nk Net Huge Sales After VMA Performances
Page 1 of 1