Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches Empty
PostSubject: Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches   Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 8:15 pm

As of this past weekend, these were the planned top four matches for WrestleMania 29:

- The Rock vs. John Cena (WWE Title)
- Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger (World Heavyweight title)
- CM Punk vs. The Undertaker
- Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H

While Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H is more or less set, the rest could change by WrestleMania. There is still no word on The Undertaker's status. If he doesn't work the show, Punk could be added to the Rock/Cena match. Cena vs. Punk on RAW puts that match into question, but a lot of the promotional material for WrestleMania 29 has been sent out and features The Rock vs. John Cena as the top match.

Meanwhile, Jack Swagger's DUI and drug arrest on Wednesday has hurt their plans.

A Ryback vs. Chris Jericho (as a heel) match was planned, but it wasn't teased this past RAW when Ryback, Jericho and Sheamus teamed up against The Shield. With Jericho off of TV for several weeks, it seems WWE may be going in a different direction with them as well. Sheamus vs. Mark Henry was also discussed but there hasn't been any build to that either.

Top stars like Dolph Ziggler, Randy Orton, Big Show, The Shield, Kane and Daniel Bryan also currently have no obvious opponents for the show.

Even with the lack of direction, the feeling is that the show will still be a huge success because of the special attractions (The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Bruno Sammartino) and the show taking place in the New York market.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches   Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 8:16 pm

Just because it should be a great show regardless of WWE not giving a fuck about a lot of people doesn't mean they should not give a fuck about a lot of people... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches   Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 9:27 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see Randy Orton vs Mark Henry at Wrestlemania. I also think it is likely that we will see Kane and Bryan drop the Tag Titles soon (my guess is to Brodus Clay and Tensai) and will face each other at Wrestlemania.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ryback takes a heel turn soon as well and goes on to face Sheamus.

As for Big Show and Dolph Ziggler, I think with Swagger's recent DUI he'll be pulled from the match and Big Show and Ziggler will have a number one contenders match. Big Show will win, and Ziggler will insert himself into the match by virtue of Money in the Bank, setting up a triple threat between Del Rio, Show and Ziggler.

As for The Shield, I think sticking them in a cage match of some sort (maybe a Hell in a Cell) against Chris Jericho and two other superstars, I can't think of who would be ideal at the moment, would work.

Miz vs Cesaro should also be repeated after the finish at Elimination Chamber.

Therefore, I think the card should look something like this:

WWE Championship Match
The Rock (c) vs John Cena (vs CM Punk (should Undertaker not wrestle))

World Heavyweight Title Match
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs Big Show vs Dolph Ziggler (or Ziggler cashes in afterwards)

CM Punk vs Undertaker

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar

Sheamus vs Ryback

US Championship Match
Antonio Cesaro (c) vs The Miz

Cage Match (of some form)
The Shield vs Chris Jericho, TBA and TBA

Kane vs Daniel Bryan

Randy Orton vs Mark Henry

I think thats a fairly well stocked card, although it misses a lot of deserving superstars, such as Wade Barrett, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes and Damian Sandow.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches   Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 9:28 pm

this wrestlemania is going to suck. Glad i'm not paying for it.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches   Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 9:37 pm

Although I see Orton v Henry working....I guess since after Raw we could see Henry v Khali...which isn't the best move for building Henry back up.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches   Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 10:04 pm

Yeah WTF with Henry maybe feuding with Khali.

Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches SlothHowAboutNoGif_zps2401aec8
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches   Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches Empty

Back to top Go down

Major Backstage Update - Top WrestleMania 29 Matches
Page 1 of 1