Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mark Strong Says He Would Be Surprised If There Was A GREEN LANTERN Sequel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Mark Strong Says He Would Be Surprised If There Was A GREEN LANTERN Sequel Empty
PostSubject: Mark Strong Says He Would Be Surprised If There Was A GREEN LANTERN Sequel   Mark Strong Says He Would Be Surprised If There Was A GREEN LANTERN Sequel EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 1:07 am

Mark Strong has said recently that he is sad that Green Lantern didn't do better than it did at the box office, because he really liked the movie. He told MTV, "I loved making 'Green Lantern' and I loved playing Sinestro." The odds of a sequel for the movie have been in doubt, however there was some life in the idea when WB exec Jeff Robinov said that he thought with the right bit of re-working a sequel could be done. Strong isn't as hopeful saying, "I would be surprised if they made a second one because I’ve heard nothing about it in quite a while now." He also said that he was excited to tackle the second movie, and Sinestro being over taken by the yellow power.

As to why Green Lantern failed, Strong wonders if it might have has something to do with the mid-credits scene. "A lot of people seemed to be confused by him putting on the ring at the end of the movie. They felt that it came out of nowhere," he explained. What that moment was suppose to do, according to Strong, is just indicated where the second movie would have went. He also said that where the trilogy was heading would have been, "very exciting because the putting on of the ring and the whole suit turning yellow would have been great fun."

Like stated above WB exec Jeff Robinov said after the movie came out and performed poorly that there is still hope for a sequel. However, with one of the best parts of the first movie not hearing anything about a sequel, it doesn't look too good. Green Lantern will be a part of WB's Justice League movie, which is said to be on hiatus until WB sees how Man Of Steel will be received. So based on that logic, it seems that we will have to wait until at least June before we are likely to hear anything. For the latest on Green Lantern, make sure to check back here at CBM.
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=74634#PqfaJarWCHAKQUyc.99
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Mark Strong Says He Would Be Surprised If There Was A GREEN LANTERN Sequel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark Strong Says He Would Be Surprised If There Was A GREEN LANTERN Sequel   Mark Strong Says He Would Be Surprised If There Was A GREEN LANTERN Sequel EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 6:43 pm

The first one was a mess so I would expect them to reboot it later on.
Back to top Go down

Mark Strong Says He Would Be Surprised If There Was A GREEN LANTERN Sequel
Page 1 of 1