Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spooky Abandoned Hospitals and Asylums

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Spooky Abandoned Hospitals and Asylums Empty
PostSubject: Spooky Abandoned Hospitals and Asylums   Spooky Abandoned Hospitals and Asylums EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013, 4:23 pm

http://www.weather.com/travel/abandoned-hospitals-asylums-20130416 <------ Pics are in the link

Quote :
St. John’s Hospital, Lincolnshire, England

Once clean and sterile, these abandoned hospitals and asylums are now portraits of urban decay, left in crumbling ruins and exposed to the elements. Some people find these places creepy, others find them beautiful, but all agree that these now-silent structures, many of them historic, have a haunting, eerie appeal. (Note: Most of these sites are on private property and may be covered by trespass laws.)

More than a hundred years of history are contained in the decaying walls of St. John's Hospital, a former mental asylum in Lincolnshire, England, which closed its doors in 1989. Built in 1852, the hospital was originally called the Lincolnshire County Lunatic Asylum, and was originally built to house 250 "penniless lunatics." Through the years, the hospital expanded its grounds to 120 acres, and included its own mortuary chapel, gardens, farmland and a burial ground, according to AsylumProjects.org. Photographers and urban explorers who visit the hospital note the grand Y-shaped staircase and cramped cells. Last year, local media outlet This is Lincolnshire reported that a property development firm has plans to build 68 news houses and 30 senior living properties on the site.

Beelitz-Heilstätten Sanatorium, Beelitz, Germany

A large complex of about 60 buildings, the tuberculosis-sanatorium-turned-military-hospital Beelitz-Heilstätten was built in phases between 1890 and 1938. The site in the Beelitzer forest was chosen for accessibility from Berlin and the area's fresh, smoke- and dust-free air, which would be therapeutic for patients, according to SlowTravelBerlin.com. As a military hospital, well-known historical figures passed through its now-crumbling doors. In October and November 1916, Adolf Hitler recuperated at Beelitz-Heilstätten after being wounded in the leg at the Battle of the Somme, and in December 1990 Erich Honecker was admitted to hospital after being forced to resign as the head of the East German government. The complex was completely abandoned in 2000.

Mercy Hospital, Liberty, Texas

Built in 1930, the then-named Liberty Hospital became the Mercy Hospital when the Sisters of St. Francis took over in 1935. The nuns took care of the patients and lived on the premises, according the Liberty County Vindicator, and a chapel, nursery and delivery room were later built. The hospital closed its doors in 1963, and it was demolished in 2010.

Pripyat Hospital, Pripyat, Ukraine

Pripyat Hospital in Ukraine once served thousands of families of men and women who worked at the nearby Chernobyl nuclear plant, and it received the first victims of the catastrophic nuclear power plant accident on April 26, 1986. It now lies in ruins, as if frozen in time—its rusty cribs still stand in the maternity ward, and doctors’ appointment boards still hang in the reception area. There are even drugs still laying scattered around, according to UK newspaper, the Daily Mail. The hospital, like the city's abandoned amusement park, is just one of the remnants of the nuclear ghost town that is Pripyat.

Cane Hill Hospital, Croydon, England

When the Cane Hill Hospital (then called Surrey County Pauper Lunatic Asylum) opened in 1883, it was the largest institution of its type in the UK. Designed to be a self-sufficient community, the hospital had its own fire station, water tower, a farm and vegetable garden with greenhouses, according to AsylumProjects.org. In its 130-year history (the hospital closed in 1991) patients related to famous people reportedly checked in to Cane Hill, including Charlie Chaplin’s mother. Many of the buildings on the 83-hectare site were demolished in 2008. In 2010, a fire destroyed all but the front façade of the hospital.

More are in the above link
Back to top Go down
M.k.G,t™
New Talent
New Talent
M.k.G,t™

Male
Number of posts : 52
Favorite WWE Wrestler : BROCK LESNAR
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ
Favorite TNA Knockout : MICKIE JAMES
Registration date : 2013-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Spooky Abandoned Hospitals and Asylums   Spooky Abandoned Hospitals and Asylums EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013, 7:08 pm

I watch a lot of Ghost Adventures and they investigate a lot of hospitals, prisons & asylums. Something I'd be interested in doing but probably be scared as fuck once I get there haha
Back to top Go down
http://OFFICIALTHISISMUSIC.TUMBLR.COM
Eric
Hall Of Famer
Eric

Male
Number of posts : 6318
Favorite WWE Diva : Top 5
(Including NXT)
#1 - Nikki Bella
#2 - Charlotte
#3 - Summer Rae
#4 - Eva Marie
#5 - Alicia Fox
Favorite TNA Knockout : Top 5
#1 - Brooke
#2 - Taryn Terrell
#3 - Angelina Love
#4 - Brittany
#5 - Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Spooky Abandoned Hospitals and Asylums   Spooky Abandoned Hospitals and Asylums EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013, 8:51 pm

I totally want to go visit these. That is one thing that I really would love to do with a group of friends, just go visit "haunted" places.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Spooky Abandoned Hospitals and Asylums   Spooky Abandoned Hospitals and Asylums EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013, 8:59 am

Damn. There's absolutely no way I'd be going up or down those steps without a barrier. Either I'd lose my balance and fall to my death; or some crazy mofo would try pushing my ass. Can't have that! lmao
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Spooky Abandoned Hospitals and Asylums   Spooky Abandoned Hospitals and Asylums EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013, 12:24 am

it would be awesome to go check some of those places out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spooky Abandoned Hospitals and Asylums   Spooky Abandoned Hospitals and Asylums Empty

Back to top Go down

Spooky Abandoned Hospitals and Asylums
Page 1 of 1