Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Triple H Talks Marriage To Stephanie, Attitude Era, WWE 13 His Career, Etc

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Triple H Talks Marriage To Stephanie, Attitude Era, WWE 13 His Career, Etc Empty
PostSubject: Triple H Talks Marriage To Stephanie, Attitude Era, WWE 13 His Career, Etc   Triple H Talks Marriage To Stephanie, Attitude Era, WWE 13 His Career, Etc EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013, 11:02 pm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2013/04/18/wwe-superstar-triple-h-and-stephanie-mcmahon-explain-what-keeps-their-fire-burning/?partner=yahootix

I’ve always been a fan of Triple H, long before he became wrestling royalty by marrying Stephanie McMahon and helping to run the business side of World Wrestling Entertainment. “The Game,” as he has been called in the ring, had long hair and an intro that included spraying water from his mouth at each of the four ring posts. A good part of professional wrestling is the show, and Triple H is a great showman.

He’s also one of the big names behind the Attitude Era transition that has made WWE so popular today. That era, which also saw Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson rise to prominence along with “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, is the heart of THQ’s WWE 13 video game campaign, which is called the Attitude Era and features actual video from that time along with new voice recordings from the main wrestlers to bring the key matches back to life virtually.

“It’s one of those things — I’ve talked about this with Austin and a little bit with Rock, too — you don’t realize is happening at the time; it’s just what you’re doing,” said Triple H. “We were all so wrapped up in what we were doing, and it was so competitive with each other. It’s only now that I think we can look back and go, ‘Wow. That was a pretty special time, and we shared some pretty special things all together and made history.’ I think at the time you’re doing it, you realize it’s going well, but you’re just so deep in there that you can’t even fathom really what you’re doing. To look back at it now and see all those times, and to watch the video game…when we did the voice overs to the video game, to go back and watch some of those scenes take place, it’s crazy because you forget what a…that was just another day then.”

Before he took to the ring at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey for WrestleMania 29, he and wife Stephanie McMahon spent time raising money for Hurricane Sandy Relief in New York City.

“A lot of people know about the power of the WWE brand,” said McMahon. “We’re in 145 countries in 30 different languages. We reach about 650 million households worldwide on a global weekly basis. But what they don’t know about WWE is that we use all of that power to give back to the community through events like Hurricane Sandy Relief.”

WWE just topped 100 million Facebook followers during the big event, which brings its total social network presence to over 150 million. 2K Sports is readying WWE 2K14 for a fall launch featuring The Rock on the cover, which will help quench a rabid fan base’s appetite for all things WWE. 2K hasn’t revealed its plans for the new wrestling game yet, but gamers can still experience the history of The Game in virtual form.

“For me the attitude era was a lot of fun,” said Triple H.

“He almost defined the attitude era,” added McMahon. “He was a huge component of it.”

“It was just a wild and crazy time and it was a lot of fun. It was really us getting to go out there with a little bit of a free reign,” said Triple H. “I think it makes for a great game because it takes the rules out of it, you know, takes the restrictions off a little bit.”

When I talk to former WWE superstars like Adam Copeland, better known as Edge, the one thing they don’t miss about pro wrestling is the grueling year-long schedule. Triple H and McMahon have kept their fire burning through all the wrestling drama in front of a global audience.

When asked what keeps their chemistry going, Triple H joked that it’s almost like they live together.

McMahon said she couldn’t answer one romance question publicly, but her husband did.

“What keeps a fire burning? A big log. It keeps the fire burning,” said Triple H.

It’s not easy, at times, to watch the one you love step into the ring against giants. While pro wrestling may be fake, the injuries and athleticism involved is all too real. McMahon said she watched every one of her husband’s matches very closely.

“There’s real danger involved with every match,” said McMahon. “He’s going to get bloody and everything else gets bloody.

“It’s funny because she knows me so well that she sees the smallest little things in there and when I come back she’ll be like, ‘Then this happened,’” said Triple H. “She knows all the little intricacies of everything we do and knows me so well that she can see it whether I’m hurt or not hurt. She’ll be watching almost more intently than anybody.”

McMahon is happy with Triple H’s new shorter hair style, but she loves him either way.

“She’s happy now,” said Triple H. “This saves time. It doesn’t take me so long showering and stuff.”

With Triple H now getting older, he’d have no regret if his next match was his last.

“I wouldn’t have one regret,” said Triple H. “I wouldn’t have any. I’ve had a hell of career, a hell of a run. I’ve done everything I wanted to do in this business. I’ll never leave this business. It’s ironic. Years ago when I said it about being in the game, you know that statement was really about the business. It was about being a student of the game and about this business and when I say the game will never die, I truly mean that. None of us are bigger than this. None of us are bigger than the WWE. It will always continue to go on and I will always be a part of it.”

One area he’s not an expert at is video games. Like most WWE talent, he’ll spend time working with the game developers on each new game. But unlike many of the younger superstars, he’s not a gamer.

“Let me just say right now that if I gave advice to a gamer it would be terrible because I don’t play them and it would probably surely cause their demise in the game,” said Triple H.

With wrestling fans already wondering what impact the injury The Rock suffered in his title loss to John Cena when it comes to WrestleMania 30 (in my favorite city, New Orleans) and Brock Lesnar, there’s a lot to look forward to this year. There’s also a new publisher behind WWE 2K14 (although many of the key creatives have moved over from THQ to 2K so it should be a smooth transition). For now, The Game goes on both in the ring and on Xbox 360s and PlayStation 3s around the world.
Back to top Go down

Triple H Talks Marriage To Stephanie, Attitude Era, WWE 13 His Career, Etc
Page 1 of 1