Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orton Says He Wants To Be Champ Again, How Long Will He Continue Wrestling?, Taking Time Off, Etc

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Orton Says He Wants To Be Champ Again, How Long Will He Continue Wrestling?, Taking Time Off, Etc Empty
PostSubject: Orton Says He Wants To Be Champ Again, How Long Will He Continue Wrestling?, Taking Time Off, Etc   Orton Says He Wants To Be Champ Again, How Long Will He Continue Wrestling?, Taking Time Off, Etc EmptyWed 05 Jun 2013, 4:37 pm

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_71074.shtml#.Ua-Q7ZzKUbw

^ Full 10 minute interview at the link. ^

- WWE star Randy Orton told Mandatory.com that he would like to re-enter the WWE or World title picture.

"I will be working on getting some gold around my waist because it has been too long," said Orton when asked what's next for him in an interview promoting the "12 Rounds 2" movie release. "That's what I'll be focusing on next."

Orton has been phased out of the title picture over the past year following a 60-day suspension in May 2012 for his second Wellness Policy violation.

- Entering his 12th year on the WWE roster, Randy Orton, 33, says he feels like he still has a full tank to continue wrestling for the foreseeable future.

Promoting "12 Rounds 2," Orton told Brian Soscia of 106.1 The Mix Philadelphia that the key to his career moving forward will be traveling in his own bus and being able to take a weekend off every few months.

"After being on the road a decade, driving 800, 1,000 miles a week, I thought that now that I can afford it, I would treat myself (to a bus)," Orton said before noting Big Show, John Cena, C.M. Punk, and Triple H have buses, while Rey Mysterio and The Undertaker had buses. "I think, longevity-wise, it will be another five, six, maybe more years on my career."

Will talent begin asking for a bus as part of joining WWE, though? "Not a chance in hell," Orton laughed.

Regarding the WWE schedule, Orton said, "What I try to do is every couple of months take a weekend off. Sometimes time will just fly be and before you know, you haven't had a day off or a good night sleep in a long time. Your body needs that; your mind needs that. When you have a family, you need to find a week here and there throughout the year when you just hang up the boots, be a dad, be a husband, and not be traveling the world and just 'WWE Superstar.'"

The more-mature Orton, who says he thinks twice before making decisions now, also discussed the less-mature Orton being dismissed from the Marines in the late 1990s.

"Basically, what it boiled down to is that I wasn't really cut out to take orders," Orton said. "I think that I have some entitlement issues and maybe narcissistic tendencies, and the Marines can't have those things. So, when I had people barking orders at me that were two feet shorter and three years younger, it was hard for me to look at them seriously. I took a little heat when I was there, but I just respect those guys to the fullest, of course. I just wasn't cut out to be a Marine."

Also in the interview, Orton discussed only wearing wrestling trunks on TV because he's old-school, working with Hulk Hogan, his career-defining match being Backlash 2004 vs. Mick Foley, the Randy News Network keeping him on TV while injured early in his WWE career, and the "12 Rounds 2" movie plot.
Back to top Go down

Orton Says He Wants To Be Champ Again, How Long Will He Continue Wrestling?, Taking Time Off, Etc
Page 1 of 1