Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

8/2/13 TNA Live: Tyler, TX.: Angle Pulled From Show Post-DWI; Sabin/Roode Main Event, Etc

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

8/2/13 TNA Live: Tyler, TX.: Angle Pulled From Show Post-DWI; Sabin/Roode Main Event, Etc Empty
PostSubject: 8/2/13 TNA Live: Tyler, TX.: Angle Pulled From Show Post-DWI; Sabin/Roode Main Event, Etc   8/2/13 TNA Live: Tyler, TX.: Angle Pulled From Show Post-DWI; Sabin/Roode Main Event, Etc EmptySun 04 Aug 2013, 12:31 am

TNA house show results
August 2, 2013
Tyler, Texas at the Oil Palace
Report by Jackson Herod, PWTorch correspondent

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_72466.shtml#.Uf3HwW1YRi0

I attended the TNA show in Tyler on Friday. Kurt Angle was advertised, but he did not attend following his DWI. He was never mentioned throughout the entire night. His not being there changed all but one scheduled match on the card. Here are the results:

(1) Jeff Hardy beat Mr. Anderson. Jeff won with the Twist of Fate. He never even attempted a top-rope move in the match.

(2) Gail Kim beat O.D.B. Referee Earl Hebner did the whole "I Screwed Bret" deal before the match, including showing off his "Damn Right I Did" t-shirt and putting on sunglasses. Decent match. Kim won by pulling the tights on a pinfall attempt.

(3) Gunner defeated Christopher Daniels via DQ. Good match. Kazarian ran in and attacked Gunner, which led to James Storm making the save. This immediately led to a Tag Title match.

(4) TNA tag team champions James Storm & Gunner beat Frankie Kazarian & Christopher Daniels to retain the TNA Tag Titles. Best match on the show. All foir guys worked hard.

(5) A.J. Styles beat Devon (w/Mike Knox) via submission. These two did not mesh well.

(6) TNA World Heavyweight champion Chris Sabin beat Bobby Roode to retain the TNA World Title. Good match, but short. Maybe 10 minutes long.

I purchased one of the VIP tickets, which let you meet about half the roster before the show. They also sold tickets to meet the other half of the roster (minus Bobby Roode for some reason) at intermission.

They had Blue Bag Specials, which included four shirts for $20. My friend and I both received two Kurt Angle shirts, an Impact Wrestling shirt, and a TNA 2010 Canadian tour shirt. Getting rid of the Angle shirts like they were made me wonder when we'll see him back.

They also had brown bag specials which contained a figure, a program, four DVDs, and a shirt for $40, and a deal where if you bought a replica belt for $375, it counted as a backstage pass for any show other than a TV taping or pay-per-view. I saw at least five people buy one.

I'd say there were maybe 300-500 people in an arena that can seat nearly 8,000. Other than on the TNA website and the Oil Palace website, there was little to no advertising done for the show. Probably 75 percent of the people there purchased the $65 tickets. There was hardly anyone in the general admission seats.

The show ended up being a lot of fun, even though the whole show was changed up. Say what you will about TNA, but they are much more fan-friendly and affordable than WWE.
Back to top Go down
Serial
World Champion
World Champion
Serial

Male
Number of posts : 2062
Job/hobbies : At home, drawing pictures of mountain tops.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Santino Marella, The Shield.
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Summer Rae, Rosa Mendes, Paige.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, TJ Perkins.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell, Velvet Sky, Brooke Tessmacher, Christy Hemme.
Registration date : 2010-12-23

8/2/13 TNA Live: Tyler, TX.: Angle Pulled From Show Post-DWI; Sabin/Roode Main Event, Etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/2/13 TNA Live: Tyler, TX.: Angle Pulled From Show Post-DWI; Sabin/Roode Main Event, Etc   8/2/13 TNA Live: Tyler, TX.: Angle Pulled From Show Post-DWI; Sabin/Roode Main Event, Etc EmptySun 04 Aug 2013, 12:39 am

How can the correspondent claim that TNA is much more fan-friendly and affordable, when they have little to no advertising and only 300-500 people in a place that seats 8,000? When WWE was down here a few weeks ago, they were offering tix for $10, so I wouldn't go saying TNA is more affordable. Not to mention there is the obvious gap in quality in terms of production between the two companies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dafk.net/what/
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 8/2/13 TNA Live: Tyler, TX.: Angle Pulled From Show Post-DWI; Sabin/Roode Main Event, Etc   8/2/13 TNA Live: Tyler, TX.: Angle Pulled From Show Post-DWI; Sabin/Roode Main Event, Etc EmptySun 04 Aug 2013, 1:06 am

Agreed.

The only think I like about TNA live shows is that you can meet around 5-10 people if you get the right ticket and or buy something extra.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8/2/13 TNA Live: Tyler, TX.: Angle Pulled From Show Post-DWI; Sabin/Roode Main Event, Etc   8/2/13 TNA Live: Tyler, TX.: Angle Pulled From Show Post-DWI; Sabin/Roode Main Event, Etc Empty

Back to top Go down

8/2/13 TNA Live: Tyler, TX.: Angle Pulled From Show Post-DWI; Sabin/Roode Main Event, Etc
Page 1 of 1