Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Divas You Find Overrated

Go down 
+3
X
Dead
#WeWantTaryn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Divas You Find Overrated  Empty
PostSubject: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 12:40 am

Overrated
1.Trish Stratus-Dont Get Me Wrong She Did A lot for the Divas and Everything But The only reason why she was so good in the ring was because of the women she was working with at the time Jazz,Molly,Victoria there was just no way she was ever gonna have a bad match with them.And The Fact That WWE treats her as the Divas of All Divas Really grinds my gears.

2.Michelle McCool-Her wrestling skills were decent but she couldn't draw me in at all and needed countless/pointless title runs to keep her relevant she was never all that good to me and was just dry and stale at times.

3.Kaitlyn-No way in hell is she is as good as people make her out to be I've seen a lot of Kaitlyn matches lately and she really is a sloppy worker to me.

4.Layla-Her looks are only getting her by but her wrestling ain't to me she's way over dramatic and can be an annoying little child in the ring especially durning the Laycool era.

5.Laycool-Thank God this tag team is over they were annoying as hell and pretty much buried the entire divas division at one point.

6.Bella Twins-Sloppy,Countlessy doing a headlock submission over and over and over again and show no desire of learning new moves and pretty much perform a basic move set that anyone can pick up in 5 minutes.Sloppy workers and don't draw any heat at all.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 12:50 am

Kelly Kelly, Melina, all the other ones that have no talent but are hyped up as having talent
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 7:50 am

Quote :
A term used to describe something that gets more hype and credit than it's actually worth.

So due to personal opinion and anyone who hates anything that's well known, No matter how brilliant something is, if it gets a lot of media attention then there's always someone who will think it's overrated.

Person A) "I'm gonna watch my TV..."
Person B) "TV is overrated"

Person A) "I want an Xbox..."
Person B) "Xbox is overrated"
Person A) "Jesus, shutup"
Person B) "Jesus is overrate-"
*punches in face*
I don't find Trish overrated to be honest. She was one of the more solid divas at the end of her career and was probably the most over diva we have ever seen in the ring. She was also gold on the mic, she was the full package.

Kelly, Ashley, etc were all examples of overrated because everyone constantly went on about how good they were, etc, when they lacked wrestling ability and in Kelly's case couldn't connect with the crowd on a level high enough to justify the position they were in.

Michelle McCool I wouldn't class as overrated because no one really liked her. She was overpushed, but she wasn't made out to be this great thing for the division cause most hated her lol.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 1:24 pm

For the comments about Trish, I think this quote from Chris Jericho says it best "it takes one person to have a bad match. It takes two to have a good match". Yeah Trish got a lot of talented women to help her out in 2001-2003 but she was still pulling her weight and performing to the best of her abilities.

These days Trish and Lita can come across as overrated but remember back in 2001-2003, the only real female stars in WWE had been Sable and Chyna. Sable was not a wrestler and wouldn't take bumps while Chyna mostly wrestled men and left soon after she started wrestling women. Trish was the first real female face of the WWE that stuck around. Sable and Chyna's pushes were almost over too soon but Trish was someone the fans could root for. Meanwhile Lita may have been a sloppy spot monkey but no one had ever seen a woman in WWE do headscissors, hurricanranas and moonsaults like that before - plus they'd been used to glamorous and and supermodel babes while Lita was more of a tomboy. She was someone that more girls could look up to - a lot of female wrestling fans are tomboys themselves. Plus she had a large male fanbase because she came across as a Diva guys would want to hang out with. If there had been no Trish and Lita, there likely would have been no Natalya and AJ.

For LayCool, yeah their act doesn't hold up as well these days. The Bellas play the mean girls characters much better than they could. But at the same time, Divas literally had no characters in 2009-2011. You had generic faces and generic heels with the occasional woman who could bring a little more to a one-dimensional character (Maryse, Alicia Fox, Melina, Mickie James). But LayCool were Divas given feuds, matches and actual storylines. You knew who those girls were and what their agenda was. Look at this year where the Divas were left off three PPVs. LayCool kept the division going at a time where injuries (Melina, Beth) and firings (Mickie, Katie Lea, Serena, Tiffany) nearly buried it completely.

As for Layla, fans were just remembering her days from LayCool with rose coloured glasses. She was never particularly good at being a heel. She's a natural babyface and played that role much better over the last year than many others before her. People were just hoping she'd get more mic time and character as a heel, not remembering how much of a pantomime character she was...and this time she doesn't have Michelle to balance things out. Her antics worked as a face because that's how she is in real life but as a heel it's just her being a comedy spot monkey. It goes back to Divas not having characters at all back when LayCool were around - fans were just happy to take what they could get
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 4:42 pm

I think Layla is a good heel...considering she can wrestle her ass off with a heel moveset.

anyway, overrated:

Trish
Melina
Kelly (Trish 2.0)
Eve
AJ
Naomi
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 4:59 pm

> says AJ is overrated
> touts Layla as good

lol
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 5:54 pm

Dead wrote:
> says AJ is overrated
> touts Layla as good

lol
AJ doesn't impress me...everyone raves about her promo last week but...it was scripted so meh

Layla is a good heel wrestler..but you don't watch diva matches so you wouldn't know that.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 6:27 pm

I've Never Overrated Kelly Kelly as a good wrestler I did poitnt out her mistakes.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 6:29 pm

Nothing Was The Same wrote:
I've Never Overrated Kelly Kelly as a good wrestler I did poitnt out her mistakes.
I think she's overrated in the aspect of people saying she was the next Trish Stratus. I find Trish overrated but still Kelly wasn't fit to lace Trish's boots.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 6:30 pm

I always Thought Michelle McCool was labeled Trish 2.0 she couldn't even Fit Trish stratus's boots
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 6:32 pm

People hated Michelle so I don't think so... she was unbelievable as a face but made an amazing heel.

Kelly on the other hand was a natural babyface..like Trish turned out to be.
Back to top Go down
TornadoDDT
AKA Silverz
TornadoDDT

Male
Number of posts : 693
Favorite WWE Diva : Sasha Banks
Stephanie McMahon
Paige
AJ Lee
Eva Marie

Angelina Love
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 7:09 pm

Trish was such a good heel though.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 7:13 pm

TornadoDDT wrote:
Trish was such a good heel though.
no doubt...but Kelly could never have pulled off a heel turn lol

but her babyface-ness is what led people to compare her to Trish, which to me seemed crazy.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 7:17 pm

I'm not saying that Trish wasnt good at what she was doing because she was good.I Just hate this idea of her being the Diva of All Divas that WWE Only promots her and Lita but mostly Trish as the ultimate diva because tbh I was paying attention to torrie and Stacy ALOT more then Trish back In there prime years Trish was good but wasnt the best diva they ever had to me.

Idk who those people are that are comparing Kelly to Trish cause even I think that's insane but Kelly did a good Job and had a nice WWE Run 2011 was probably the best year she had and pretty much had 4 great matches with Beth and with Laycool that year.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 7:19 pm

Meh...i'm mad they act like Trish did it all by herself. Lita debuted first and Lita was the babyface fan-favorite which is what led to Trish getting so over as a heel...cause of Lita.

Lita gets like 0 credit for that and that's why I think Trish is overrated. She didn't do it all by herself.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptyMon 02 Sep 2013, 7:47 pm

Done this shit a million times, so I'll only name current Divas. Well, to make that easy, I think everyone is overrated except:

AJ
Kaitlyn
Naomi
Natalya

The rest lick ass
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptySat 07 Sep 2013, 8:56 pm

I think Kelly would have made a good heel. Not sure in the ring because her moveset was tailored to a face - Eve looked lost for months and was probably only saved by her jiu-jitsu training. But character-wise she could definitely have played an aggressive bitchy heel. She was already very heelish in the ring

People acting as if Trish 'did it all herself' - she was the sole babyface of the women's division for a whole year while Lita was injured. The top girl was out so Trish had to become the only top girl when she was still very green. When they were both faces, Lita always ranked higher than Trish roster-wise. I would argue that Christian and Chris Jericho helped Trish get so over as a heel. Lita didn't come into the equation until much later

Re: Layla? She can play a decent heel in the ring but she'll forever look awkward due to being so much smaller than the other girls. Watching her dominate Natalya, Kaitlyn as well as Beth Phoenix and Michelle McCool doesn't look right. What's also wrong with her as a heel is that she's a comedy spot monkey - she makes a fool out of herself numerous times with no rhyme or reason. In LayCool it worked because it was meant to endear her to the fans building up to her face turn. These days it's just corny and doesn't work. When she's face, although she's playful she has to get serious much more often. She looks much more natural when she's being dominated and fighting back fiery
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptySat 07 Sep 2013, 9:13 pm

Kelly will forever be labeled as 'America's Sweetheart' in WWE....she'd never be a believable heel.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptySat 07 Sep 2013, 10:17 pm

At this point we will never know if Kelly could be a good heel or not you never know she could shock you and in not just saying that because I'm a Kelly fan.I can see her being a torrie Wilson type heel but with more screaming.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptySun 08 Sep 2013, 12:12 pm

Kelly as a heel would be the same as Eva Marie as a heel.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptySun 08 Sep 2013, 12:15 pm

Even in 2006 I still feel Lita was the higher ranked diva. Lita was teamed with Edge and involved in some of the biggest fueds of 2005/6 and involved with the WWE title, the most prestigious title. Trish was never involved with that, and the best they could pair her up with in a fued was with Carlito.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013, 10:58 pm

Kinda ironic that Lita got those spots by sleeping with Edge in real life hehe. Even more ironic is that she probably didn't want them at all due to fans shouting all sorts of obscenities at her. 

Kelly probably could have played a heel. I personally never thought Maria or Eve would be able to be heels. Of course Eve always was better face but she played a decent heel last year. Maria's also been very good in ROH and FWE. Torrie Wilson was quite a good heel as well but she was just such a natural babyface that WWE never could keep her as a villain for too long
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Divas You Find Overrated    Divas You Find Overrated  Empty

Back to top Go down

Divas You Find Overrated
Page 1 of 1