Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23? Empty
PostSubject: Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23?   Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23? EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 12:48 pm

Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23? LawrenceOscar

http://www.goldderby.com/news/5438/oscars-jennifer-lawrence-american-hustle-jodie-foster-entertainment-298075314.html

If Jennifer Lawrence takes home another Oscar this year, she will become the youngest person to ever win twice for acting. With a Golden Globe already on her shelf for "American Hustle," she is certainly a frontrunner to achieve this feat.

Lawrence was only 22 last February when she prevailed as Best Actress for "Silver Linings Playbook." She would be just 23 on March 2 if she triumphs as Best Supporting Actress for "American Hustle."

The record is currently held by Jodie Foster, who was 26 when she won at the 1989 ceremony for "The Accused" and age 29 three years later for "The Silence of the Lambs." Bette Davis is just after Foster with a win at age 27 for "Dangerous" and age 30 for "Jezebel" (all years in this article refer to ceremonies, not film releases).

Among men, the record for youth is held by Robert De Niro. He prevailed at age 31 for "The Godfather, Part II" in 1975 and then at age 37 for "Raging Bull" in 1981. Close behind is Tom Hanks, who won back-to-back at age 37 and 38 for "Philadelphia" and "Forrest Gump." Spencer Tracy was also 37 ("Captains Courageous") and 38 ("Boys Town") but a few months older than Hanks.

---------------------

Do you think she can get the record this year?

What about in the 5-6 year span she has to break or match the record held by Jodi Foster?
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23?   Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23? EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 1:36 am

I think she has a good chance at breaking it. If she doesn't this time around probably the next one.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23?   Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23? EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 5:15 am

I think she has a good shot of winning Best Supporting Actress this year I just really hope she doesn't since I prefer Lupita Nyong'o.

I do think she can easily break the record though if she keeps getting cast in great films.
Back to top Go down
Serial
World Champion
World Champion
Serial

Male
Number of posts : 2062
Job/hobbies : At home, drawing pictures of mountain tops.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Santino Marella, The Shield.
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Summer Rae, Rosa Mendes, Paige.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, TJ Perkins.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell, Velvet Sky, Brooke Tessmacher, Christy Hemme.
Registration date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23?   Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23? EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 5:17 am

I didn't think her role in 'American Hustle' was that great. She's very talented and is probably much more deserving for other roles. 'American Hustle' was a decent movie, but I don't believe it's worth the Oscar hype it has. Woe is me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dafk.net/what/
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23?   Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23? EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 5:38 am

I was also underwhelmed by American Hustle.

I was just expecting it to be better.

It isn't horrible mind you I just found 12 Years a Slave to be much better.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23?   Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23? EmptySat 18 Jan 2014, 3:21 pm

I am hoping Lupita wins as well. It was cool to see her win at the Critic's Choice.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23?   Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23? EmptySun 19 Jan 2014, 5:15 am

Mia wrote:
I am hoping Lupita wins as well. It was cool to see her win at the Critic's Choice.

Agreed.

Her speech was very good as was her speech last night after she won the SAG Award.

Because she won that award it makes it 2-1 in her favor versus Lawrence in the major award shows.

The only main award before Oscars are the BAFTAs and I guess the Independent Spirit Awards (although those are not as prestigious).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23?   Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Jennifer Lawrence Become Youngest Ever Two-Time Oscar Winner At Age 23?
Page 1 of 1