Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abismo Negro (1971-2009)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Abismo Negro (1971-2009) Empty
PostSubject: Abismo Negro (1971-2009)   Abismo Negro (1971-2009) EmptyMon 23 Mar 2009, 2:42 am

Directly from Luchablog.com

A very brief story on noroeste says Abismo Negro has passed away. LMDLL’s RFC is also reporting his death, which is enough to cause me to believe it (though there’s a small hope this may be a hoax.) Edit: RFC found another person who’d confirm it. That’s the end of the hope.

The complete noroeste story:

El luchador profesional, Abismo Negro, murió esta madrugada en el municipio de El Rosario al parecer ahogado en el río. Su cuerpo fue encontrado esta tarde. Al parecer el luchador iba con rumbo a la Ciudad de México cuando decidió bajarse en este municipio; las autoridades ya investigan el hecho.

Translated:

The professional wrestler, Abyss Black, died this morning in the town of El Rosario allegedly drowned in the river. His body was found this afternoon. Apparently the fighter was heading to Mexico City when he decided to stop in this town, the authorities are already investigating the incident.

The last time we heard about Abismo Negro, is when he didn’t make the show Friday night in Madero. This would’ve been Sunday morning. Abismo certainly had his personal issues take over his life the last few years, though we have no idea if this has anything to do with those.

Abismo Negro was one of only three remaining wrestlers in the company who were on the debut show in May of 1992. (Octagon and Jerrito Estrada are the others, and Pepe Casas and Tirantes were two of the referees on that show.) Abismo was debuting as Winners at that point, and is a rare wrestler who’s succeded under two different gimmicks; it’ll may only now be publicaly acknowledged Winners became Abismo.

The Abismo Negro gimmick is as identifiably a part of AAA as any. A lot of that is owed to Antonio Pena’s design, but a significant credit must go to man under the mask, who made the character larger than life. Abismo was a top rudo for AAA at many points during his run, so much so that he gained fan following (which caused at least one ill advised tecnico turn) and cross over work on other Televisa shows.

The mask of Abismo Negro is a symbol of AAA. It’s already scheduled to live on as part of the anime later this year, and the video game for next year. Abismo was scheduled to be a big part of the US Tour the next two weeks. I don’t know what they can do with that gimmick now - I think Black Abyss has to disappear for a while (and probably come back as something else), and I think no one can appear as Abismo Negro for a good long time, but I don’t what we’ll think about all this in two weeks. The Abismo Negro name will never go away thanks to those who worked to make it mean something, but I don’t think even the open minded AAA fans would accept anyone else under that mask maybe for years to come.
Back to top Go down
Sticky!!
Sticky loves Mickie! Yo soy El Jefe!
Sticky loves Mickie! Yo soy El Jefe!
Sticky!!

Male
Number of posts : 4893
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Orton
Rey
Favorite WWE Diva : Mickie James
Maria
Favorite TNA Knockout : Christy Hemme
Tara

Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Abismo Negro (1971-2009)   Abismo Negro (1971-2009) EmptyTue 24 Mar 2009, 7:53 pm

Abismo Negro (1971-2009) 312_14
Back to top Go down
Epitome!
New Talent
New Talent
Epitome!

Male
Number of posts : 74
Job/hobbies : N/A
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, John Morrison, and Rob Van Dam.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Trish Stratus, Beth Phoenix, and Goldust.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Kurt Angle, Scott Steiner (For his butchering of the English Language), and Samoa Joe.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Traci Brooks. smile
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Abismo Negro (1971-2009)   Abismo Negro (1971-2009) EmptyTue 24 Mar 2009, 8:02 pm

I'm not familiar with the guy, but still, I take into consideration that he took part in one of the hardest occupations in the world. To put his body on the line night after night? That's a true hero.

R.I.P.

OOC: His attire reminds me of a Power Ranger.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/WWE_Mansion/index.php?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abismo Negro (1971-2009)   Abismo Negro (1971-2009) Empty

Back to top Go down

Abismo Negro (1971-2009)
Page 1 of 1