Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Grudge Reboot Screenwriter Says It's Not a Remake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

The Grudge Reboot Screenwriter Says It's Not a Remake Empty
PostSubject: The Grudge Reboot Screenwriter Says It's Not a Remake   The Grudge Reboot Screenwriter Says It's Not a Remake EmptyWed 09 Apr 2014, 10:53 pm

Speaking to FEARNet, Jeff Buhler, screenwriter for the upcoming reboot of The Grudge, talked about the newest update for the franchise. Below are some highlights.

The Grudge originated in Japan as the Ju-On films. Three American films were later produced.

Buhler on this reboot not being a "remake": "The first thing I would say is that, we're not approaching this as a remake of the Sarah Michelle Gellar film, or a remake of the Ju-on film. This is pushing the mythology forward, while keeping the concepts and spirit of those movies, yet finding a new way to tell a story within that world, which is exciting."

Buhler on what the new film will feature: "New characters, new ghost, and a new mythology. I'm not really at a liberty to say anything more than that for obvious reasons, as we are still in the scripting process. I think letting fans of the original series know that we are not going back to (the character of) Kayoko and trying to mine what's already been mined is important (though). We are still very early in the process."

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/319132/[Movies]-The-Grudge-Reboot-Screenwriter-Says-It//s-Not-a-Remake.htm#tzV16SHm4dqbeF4D.99
Back to top Go down

The Grudge Reboot Screenwriter Says It's Not a Remake
Page 1 of 1