Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SNES Remix Depends on Fan Support

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

SNES Remix Depends on Fan Support Empty
PostSubject: SNES Remix Depends on Fan Support   SNES Remix Depends on Fan Support EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014, 8:58 pm

NES Remix 1 & 2 transform vintage Nintendo games into brief mad libs-style challenges. The current collections focus on the 30 year-old Nintendo Entertainment System, but what about including games from other publishers or even exploring other Nintendo platforms?

IGN asked NES Remix director Koichi Hayashida about the possibility of expanding the series to include non-Nintendo made games like Mega Man, Castlevania, and Contra. “Well personally I'm a fan of those games, and I like them a lot,” Hayashida said. “If there's a big enough outpouring of support for these titles, it's something I'd like to take a look at.”

What about other potential for Nintendo to explore other platforms like Super Nintendo or Game Boy Advance in future Remix games? Both of these platforms are available as part of Wii U's Virtual Console service. “Well, personally, I have a large desire to explore that very idea,” he explained. “But it really harkens back to the answer I just gave. Does the marketplace want it or need it?”

“If we get a big enough cry for that, with a lot of people saying, 'Hey, we'd love to see more of these perhaps for the SNES, Game Boy or Game Boy Advance,' then it would be something we can take a look at,” Hayashida continued.

Hayashida recently spoke to IGN about the reason NES Remix isn’t on Nintendo 3DS. We also have an upcoming feature that includes a bulk of our conversation with Mr. Hayashida coming soon.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/22/super-nintendo-remix-depends-on-fan-support
Back to top Go down

SNES Remix Depends on Fan Support
Page 1 of 1