Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Simon Kinberg Calls X-MEN: APOCALYPSE A "Disaster Movie" With An "Extinction Level Event"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Simon Kinberg Calls X-MEN: APOCALYPSE A "Disaster Movie" With An "Extinction Level Event"  Empty
PostSubject: Simon Kinberg Calls X-MEN: APOCALYPSE A "Disaster Movie" With An "Extinction Level Event"    Simon Kinberg Calls X-MEN: APOCALYPSE A "Disaster Movie" With An "Extinction Level Event"  EmptyWed 28 May 2014, 10:39 am

"The thing that we’ve spent the most time talking about is not just the visual execution of the character, which is its own challenge – creating a character that’s the most powerful I think of any mutant villain that we’ve seen in the X-Men movies so far," X-Men: Days of Future Past writer and producer Simon Kinberg said when asked by IGN Movies about tackling the X-Men franchise's most comic book-y villain yet in (hopefully) Bryan Singer's X-Men: Apocalypse. "More powerful than Magneto. The kind of scope and scale we’re talking about is like disaster movie, extinction level event. Sort of Roland Emmerich-style moviemaking, which you’ve never seen in an X-Men movie, or any superhero movie, which I think is exciting."

So, it sounds like this will be an even bigger movie than Days of Future Past in terms of the action scenes and stakes! Kinberg was quick to point out that Apocalypse will be a well fleshed out villain though, and not just there as an excuse for bigger and better special effects sequences. ""But we’ve also been talking about how to give him a real emotional and philosophical underpinning. So he’s not just somebody who’s out there destroying the world because he can. What he’s doing is – in his mind – justified and validated by a real compelling, coherent philosophy. He tries to proselytise and convert people – maybe some of our most familiar characters – to come to his cause." What do you guys think about these comments?
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=100710#uQ1srg9yb3VyKWBV.99
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Simon Kinberg Calls X-MEN: APOCALYPSE A "Disaster Movie" With An "Extinction Level Event"  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simon Kinberg Calls X-MEN: APOCALYPSE A "Disaster Movie" With An "Extinction Level Event"    Simon Kinberg Calls X-MEN: APOCALYPSE A "Disaster Movie" With An "Extinction Level Event"  EmptyWed 28 May 2014, 5:15 pm

I CAN'T WAIT
Back to top Go down

Simon Kinberg Calls X-MEN: APOCALYPSE A "Disaster Movie" With An "Extinction Level Event"
Page 1 of 1