Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric
Hall Of Famer
Eric

Male
Number of posts : 6318
Favorite WWE Diva : Top 5
(Including NXT)
#1 - Nikki Bella
#2 - Charlotte
#3 - Summer Rae
#4 - Eva Marie
#5 - Alicia Fox
Favorite TNA Knockout : Top 5
#1 - Brooke
#2 - Taryn Terrell
#3 - Angelina Love
#4 - Brittany
#5 - Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009   Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009 EmptyWed 01 Apr 2009, 6:52 pm

First of all Happy April Fool's Day!!!

I am defenitly glad to still be with this forum and be a part of the Mods. I'd like to thank Blue to give me this opportunity. People have questioned my tactics before, but I'm pretty sure I got to everyone at least once and more than half the people on this forum accept me for who I am. For me, this is my family and I love everybody on it. With a few exceptions of course. I've been through good and bad. But this forum is defenitly the best of the best. Thank you Blue and every member of WD for making this a very good life. raise your hands up cheer

I Love Money : WWE

Tonight's matches are.
Ashley vs. Kofi Kingston (Serial vs. Serial)
Undertaker vs. The Boogeyman (Stickie vs. Litaisextreme)
Triple H vs. William Regal (Dr LL vs. Serial)
Randy Orton vs. JBL (Heavenisme vs. Serial)
Chris Jericho vs. Finlay (Blue vs. Mia)
Rey Mysterio vs. John Morrison (Stickie vs. Cynbitch)

Kofi Kingston def. Ashley with Trouble in Paradise
Undertaker def. The Boogeyman with Tombstone Piledriver
William Regal def. Triple H with Power of the Punch
JBL def. Randy Orton with Powerbomb
Finlay def. Chris Jericho with Celtic Cross
Rey Mysterio def. John Morrison with 619

Sonjay Dutt to ROH

Sonjay Dutt will start working with Ring of Honor in May.

On February 20, 2009, Sonjay Dutt's contract with TNA officially came to an end. Neither side were able to come to an agreement, so Sonjay Dutt decided to look for work elsewhere.

There were talks that WWE was interested in signing Sonjay Dutt. However, that deal did not come to fruition.

Instead, Sonjay Dutt will be working for Ring of Honor. His first official appearance will take place on May 8, 2009 at a show in Boston, Massachusetts.

There are reports that Sonjay Dutt has signed a long term deal with ROH. However, that has yet to be confirmed. It is merely speculation right now. This could simply be a short term deal while Sonjay Dutt awaits word from WWE.

Sonjay Dutt is scheduled to work a few shows for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla in April of this year. He's also going to be doing some more shows in Japan as he recently won the Zero One International Junior Heavyweight Championship.

Legacy "Born Better" Shirt

If you watched Raw earlier tonight, you would have noticed Cody Rhodes wearing the brand new Legacy shirt.

This is one of the better shirts that WWE has produced in a while. Considering how long Legacy has been around, I'm amazed that they waited this long to produce something.

The front of the shirt has a nice shield with the "L" logo, and it's in flames.

http://www.wweshop.com/Product_detail.asp?productId=01-10527

Tazz Leaves WWE

With so many people within WWE so concerned about losing their jobs in this downtrodden economy, it's quite a surprised that someone would willingly walk away from the company.
Well, that's what Tazz, the Smackdown color commentator, just did.
A few weeks ago, Tazz gave his notice to WWE that he would be walking away from the company after his contract expires.
It was a well kept secret that did not get leaked out to the internet.
On March 31, 2009, Tazz's contract officially expired. He is no longer with the company.

The reason why Tazz is leaving WWE sounds pretty simple.
He's burnt out.
When Tazz got into the business back in 1987, he did so as a wrestler. He only switched to commentating after injuries started to get the better of him.
His passion for commentating began to wane over the years. Plus, the constant traveling began to take its toll on Tazz.
He has reportedly told friends and coworkers that he seriously needed to take a break from things. He needed to recharge his batteries.
With his contract coming to an end, this was the right time for him to step away.
Tazz is leaving WWE on very good terms.

After taking a few weeks off to rest, Tazz will make his decision on where to take his career next.
There are talks that he could head to TNA, Ring of Honor, or even MMA.
MMA might seem to be a bit out of the question for Tazz since he's 41 years of age. While he could still possibly hold his own in MMA, the odds are against him because of the late start.
Ring of Honor is currently looking for wrestlers with name value, which is something that Tazz definitely still has. Plus, he would definitely be challenged by the style of wrestling that the promotion puts on.
TNA is another interesting destination for Tazz. His experience in the ring would be a nice addition to the commentating team of Don West and Mike Tenay. A dream match against Samoa Joe could possible draw big numbers as well.

WWE now has the task of finding someone to replace Tazz as the Smackdown color commentator.
Jim Ross is still a good play-by-play announcer, so it shouldn't be all that difficult to find a replacement for Tazz.
As of right now, JBL (who is retiring from the ring soon), Matt Striker, and Jerry Lawler are all rumored as possible replacements.
WWE could also go a different route by bringing in someone totally new to the commentating game to replace Tazz.

Tazz's Replacement

With Tazz leaving WWE, there is now an open spot at the announce table on Smackdown. There are several possible replacements for Tazz.

• Matt Striker
    When Tazz left the ECW announce table, WWE found a very good replacement in Matt Striker. He has proven to be the best color commentator in WWE right now. Replacing Tazz once again would be a wise move for WWE.
  • Jerry Lawler
    A lot of wrestling fans were disappointed when the announcing duo of Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler were split up. Fans had grown accustomed to them after so many years. Now that Jim Ross needs a new partner, it might make sense to go with a familiar face.
  • JBL
    With JBL reportedly retiring after Wrestlemania 25, a return to the commentating booth would be a welcomed sight. JBL was tremendous in the role before he returned to the wrestling ring.

Last edited by Heavenisme on Thu 02 Apr 2009, 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eric
Hall Of Famer
Eric

Male
(Including NXT)
#1 - Nikki Bella
#2 - Charlotte
#3 - Summer Rae
#4 - Eva Marie
#5 - Alicia Fox
#1 - Brooke
#2 - Taryn Terrell
#3 - Angelina Love
#4 - Brittany
#5 - Gail Kim

PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009   Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009 EmptyWed 01 Apr 2009, 6:56 pm

TNA Pursuing Torrie Wilson

TNA is still heavily pursuing former WWE diva Torrie Wilson.

On May 8, 2008, Torrie Wilson finally got the release from WWE that she had requested. She wanted to leave the company because of a severely injured back. The company tried keeping her around but decided that it's best to release her.

Since then, TNA has been pursuing Torrie Wilson.

Jeff Jarrett, in particular, has been heavily pushing for the company to sign Torrie Wilson. The two have worked together before and have a very good relationship.

If signed, Torrie Wilson is expected to be used as an on-screen character. Torrie Wilson had great chemistry with Kevin Nash when the two were paired up together in WCW. It wouldn't be entirely out of the question for TNA to have Torrie Wilson involved with the Main Event Mafia.

Spike/Mahoney to TNA

Spike Dudley and Balls Mahoney are being brought into TNA for a storyline.

During the TNA iMPACT! tapings tonight, Spike Dudley and Balls Mahoney were both backstage. The former ECW stars are being brought in for a storyline with Team 3D.

TNA is building up a storyline that emphasizes Team 3D's origin in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. That's the city where the upcoming Lockdown pay per view is being held.

As of right now, neither Spike Dudley nor Balls Mahoney have been signed to a long term deal with TNA. It's just a "pay per appearance" deal right now. However, if the crowd reacts well to the two, it wouldn't be out of the question for them to be signed to a contract.

Foley Joins Booker's Convention

With the wrestling universe centered around Houston this upcoming weekend, Booker T wanted to make sure that his wrestling convention would be as big as possible. The former WCW and WWE heavyweight champion has been securing some big names for his event.

This week, he was able to secure the services of none other than Mick Foley.

Mick Foley will be in Houston for the convention. In between the convention, Mick Foley will be flying to Louisiana for a TNA house show.

The convention is being held to raise money for children in the Houston area. Sting, Booker T, Sharmell, Kevin Nash, Samoa Joe, Christy Hemme, Lita, Stan Hansen, Jake "the Snake" Roberts, Velvet Sky, Angelina Love, Jimmy Hart, the Nasty Boys, Team 3D, Rikishi, Tully Blanchard, Debra McMichael, Chavo Guerrero Sr, Ernest Miller, Diamond Dallas Page, and Kimberly Page are all scheduled to be at the convention.

Source : WrestlingRevealed

Last edited by Hailey on Sun 29 Nov 2009, 10:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009   Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009 EmptyThu 02 Apr 2009, 4:11 am

Chris Jericho vs. Finlay (Blue vs. Mia) who won? yay im glad the newsies are back!! smile they are awesome
Back to top Go down
Eric
Hall Of Famer
Eric

Male
(Including NXT)
#1 - Nikki Bella
#2 - Charlotte
#3 - Summer Rae
#4 - Eva Marie
#5 - Alicia Fox
#1 - Brooke
#2 - Taryn Terrell
#3 - Angelina Love
#4 - Brittany
#5 - Gail Kim

PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009   Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009 EmptyThu 02 Apr 2009, 4:57 pm

woopsy. i had forgot about that one. lol
I edited it back in. and thank you for the nice comment yay
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009   Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009 EmptyThu 02 Apr 2009, 9:50 pm

Nice job with the newsies, Hailey...that is if you love me too, of course. im innocent
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009   Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009 EmptyThu 02 Apr 2009, 10:08 pm

Tazz couldnt do MMA, he has that neck injury that hasnt gone away
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009   Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009 EmptyFri 03 Apr 2009, 12:53 am

Hailey wrote:
woopsy. i had forgot about that one. lol
I edited it back in. and thank you for the nice comment yay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009   Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hailey's Newsies Issue 18 - April 1st 2009
Page 1 of 1