Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"THE KENNEDY CURSE"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

"THE KENNEDY CURSE" Empty
PostSubject: "THE KENNEDY CURSE"   "THE KENNEDY CURSE" EmptySun 26 Apr 2009, 6:42 pm

THIS ARTICLE IS A COUPLE OF WEEKS OLD, BUT I THINK IT'S WORTH A READ.

[b]SOURCE: www.gawdalmighty.com/

"When the news that Ken Kennedy’s shoulder injury could be career ending – read as: I’ll be back soon – I thought of something someone said to me about Kennedy: The Mr. Kennedy Curse.

You see, here is a young-ish guy coming up and whenever a break was about to come his way, boom, something would mess it up. In the space of some 3-and-a-bit-years, Kennedy’s gone from future Wrestlemania Main Eventer, to, if he’s lucky, midcarder for life.

In OVW, Kennedy was considered a breakout star, someone who’d eventually be a big time player on the main roster. He had a good look – which he still has when he doesn’t try to grow that growth on his chin – was a great talker, a natural heel, and for someone still pretty new, he was pretty darn good in-ring.

He came up to Smackdown with the Mr. Kennedy gimmick of introducing himself via the old-school mic from the ceiling. That got him over with “the internet” and, more importantly, the live crowd.

Kennedy’s first injury, a muscle tear, came a few months after he debuted and when it appeared a big push was in store for him. During the period before the injury, Kennedy wrestled the late great Eddie Guerrero in his last ever match before his death in late-2005.

When Kennedy came back, his best push to date came during the near 9 months he went without another injury. He quickly got involved with feuds against Batista and The Undertaker – Kennedy even won the US title during this time, too.

Kennedy was on such a roll of momentum that he challenged Batista to a World Heavyweight Title match at the Royal Rumble. He didn’t win, but the signs of a future title run were there.

At his first Wrestlemania in 2007, Mr. Kennedy, as expected, won the Money in the Bank briefcase. Everything was falling into place, the countdown was on as Kennedy said – he set his sights on Main Eventing Wrestlemania 24, however, with Undertaker going down hurt, Kennedy could have been cashing in the contract earlier than expected.

The Kennedy curse struck yet again.

When news broke that Undertaker had suffered an injury that would likely keep him out for a while, thus having to lose the belt, the world and it’s mother thought Kennedy was a week away from becoming the new World Champion.

To be fair to Kennedy, at that time, it wouldn’t have been a dumb move to put the belt on him. At live events, only second to the “woooooooos” that the crowd do before the show starts, the always obnoxious “Mr. Kennedy…………………..Kennedy” chants were a common place. Today, however, I rarely hear them.

But for Kennedy, it wasn’t to be. He, himself, came down with an injury and had to lose the MITB to Edge, who then won the World Title the next day at the Smackdown tapings.

Kennedy’s injury was supposed to keep him out for awhile, but the doctor misdiagnosed the injury and it wasn’t nearly as bad as first thought. The Kennedy curse really did strike, and how it struck hard.

Kennedy was drafted to Raw but was still on the shelf. After the Benoit tragedies went down, Kennedy went on TV to defend the company and deny any steroid use on his part. It was later revealed in a Sports Illustrated article that he was on a list of people getting steroids that didn’t comply with the WWE’s Wellness policy.

But here’s the funny part: the Kennedy curse struck YET AGAIN.

Around the time of Kennedy’s suspension for the drug bust, the Mr. McMahon illegitimate child angle was running, and guess who the top candidate for the child was? Yup, Mr. Kennedy! In the end, the angle went to Hornswoggle and the rest was wrestlecrap history.

Upon returning, the once considered future World Champ was pissing about in midcard feuds that really didn’t lead to much. He was then signed up to do another WWE produced movie, and this led to more time off TV.

He made his return as a babyface to interrupt the newly crowded King of the Ring, William Regal, who at the time was arguably the top heel in all of Wrestling.

The babyfaced Kennedy was surprising decent. As a heel, he had deteriorated rather than progressed in the ring, but as a face, he wasn’t that bad.

He was then drafted to Smackdown and could have very easily had gotten hot enough to big given another chance to prove he had what it takes to be on top. But, the Kennedy curse struck again with the shoulder injury that Kennedy has said could end his career.

Despite the odd appearance to bury MVP and promote his new straight-to-DVD film, Kennedy has largely been forgotten about. With the draft coming up, could Kennedy return to our TV screens on a different brand? Will Mr. Kennedy ever defeat the Kennedy curse?"
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: "THE KENNEDY CURSE"   "THE KENNEDY CURSE" EmptySun 26 Apr 2009, 6:48 pm

that is a decent read
and although he was good an all
i was never that high on him
but at this young stage of his career an injury so eraly will be a shame if it does cause him to end his career
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: "THE KENNEDY CURSE"   "THE KENNEDY CURSE" EmptySun 26 Apr 2009, 7:10 pm

Yeah, it's almost as if there is some sort of hex on him.
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: "THE KENNEDY CURSE"   "THE KENNEDY CURSE" EmptySun 26 Apr 2009, 7:17 pm

i think candice has the same curse
but i prefer him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "THE KENNEDY CURSE"   "THE KENNEDY CURSE" EmptySun 26 Apr 2009, 9:10 pm

I do like Kennedy, when we was on that major roll on Smackdown. He was entertaining at that time, and honestly I had high hopes for Kennedy. Then the 'Kennedy Curse' struck and Kennedy, was out of luck. He definitely has the potential to be a World Champ; but will injuries prevent that?
Back to top Go down
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
Number of posts : 5827
Job/hobbies : Animals, Wrestling, Country Music
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Edge
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : Lita
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Mr. Anderson
Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Daffney
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada
They keep getting rid of the good ones. :x
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: "THE KENNEDY CURSE"   "THE KENNEDY CURSE" EmptySun 26 Apr 2009, 11:40 pm

Aww I love that man. Its not his fault bad luck seems to strike him. I hope this is the last time he gets hurt. I hope he gets another push, That man has been trhough a lot and I admire him for not quitting.

I hope he comes back better then ever.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/janineem82
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "THE KENNEDY CURSE"   "THE KENNEDY CURSE" Empty

Back to top Go down

"THE KENNEDY CURSE"
Page 1 of 1