Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time

Go down 
+3
sarcy
The LL Father
Dead
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time Empty
PostSubject: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyTue 01 Sep 2009, 2:30 pm

10. DEMOLITION (Ax & Smash)

The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time Demolition(1)

I'm not sure there wasn't anyone expected Ax and Smash to go half as far as they did.

Vince McMahon sure did.

Demolition held the WWF [color:c3ac=#900][color:c3ac=#900! important][color:c3ac=#900! important]Tag [color:c3ac=#900! important]Team titles for 15 months - a record that still has yet to be broken

9. THE HART FOUNDATION ([color:c3ac=#900][color:c3ac=#900! important][color:c3ac=#900! important]Bret [color:c3ac=#900! important]Hart & Jim Neidhart)

The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time Hartfound02nd-2

Jim brought the power and Bret brought the brains (and technical ability).

I think what made them great was their ability to turn from [color:c3ac=#900][color:c3ac=#900! important][color:c3ac=#900! important]wrestling's "bad guys" to a beloved tag team. Personally, I think they were better as heels with [color:c3ac=#900][color:c3ac=#900! important][color:c3ac=#900! important]Jimmy [color:c3ac=#900! important]Hart by their side, but either way, they were simply one of the best

8. DUDLEY BOYZ/TEAM 3D (Ray & Devon)

The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time Dudleys

I am not a fan of Brother Ray personally. Quite frankly, I think he's an asshole. That being said, you can not mistake the success these two have had over the past 14 years.

[color:c3ac=#900][color:c3ac=#900! important][color:c3ac=#900! important]Paul [color:c3ac=#900! important]Heyman was one of the best at hiding weeknesses and highlighting strengths. I'm sure it was no easy task for these two - especially Bubba - but he managed to turn them into an "extreme" duo that has carried over into a respected [color:c3ac=#900][color:c3ac=#900! important][color:c3ac=#900! important]tag [color:c3ac=#900! important]team the longer they stay in tact.

7. THE ROCKERS ([color:c3ac=#900][color:c3ac=#900! important][color:c3ac=#900! important]Shawn [color:c3ac=#900! important]Michaels & Marty Jannetty)

The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time Tt-rockers

They were just so good together.

The fact that they had a lot of obstacles to overcome with their name being a rip-off of the [color:c3ac=#900][color:c3ac=#900! important][color:c3ac=#900! important]Rock [color:c3ac=#900! important]and [color:c3ac=#900! important]Roll The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time Grey_loader
Express didn't stop them. Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty proved not only that they were a credible team, but the argument could be made that they were actually better than the [color:c3ac=#900][color:c3ac=#900! important][color:c3ac=#900! important]tag [color:c3ac=#900! important]team The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time Grey_loader
they ripped off.

Their high-flying, face paced style was simply innovative during that time period.

6. THE BRITISH BULLDOGS (Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid)

The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time Bulldogs003

They had both the technical and the high-impact abilities down, setting the bar even higher when they entered the [color:c3ac=#900][color:c3ac=#900! important][color:c3ac=#900! important]WWF.

I also believe they had one of the greatest feuds in tag team history with the Hard Foundation, especially considering the [color:c3ac=#900][color:c3ac=#900! important][color:c3ac=#900! important]wrestling side of things. Those matches were on a level of their own.

5. THE [color:c3ac=#900][color:c3ac=#900! important][color:c3ac=#900! important]MIDNIGHT [color:c3ac=#900! important]EXPRESS The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time Grey_loader
(Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey/Stan Lane)

The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time Midnight-Express

Although I prefer the later pairing of Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane, both combinations were truly something special.

I've always wondered this, however - how far would the [color:c3ac=#900][color:c3ac=#900! important][color:c3ac=#900! important]Midnight [color:c3ac=#900! important]Express have gone and how would they be remembered if they didn't have Jim Cornette as a manager? He was the reason, in my opinion, they got over as well as they did.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyTue 01 Sep 2009, 2:32 pm

4. THE STEINER BROTHERS (Rick & Scott Steiner)

The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time Steiner-brothers

These guys were just good.

They were power houses, sure, but they also had very good technical skills as well. Not to mention, the Frankensteiner was something people just hadn't seen at that point, especially from a bigger guy like Scott. I still pop when he gets the never to do it nowadays!

3. THE FABULOUS FREEBIRDS (Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, and Buddy Roberts)

The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time Fabulous-Freebirds

They were the first to mix [color:9d32=#900][color:9d32=#900! important][color:9d32=#900! important]rock [color:9d32=#900! important]and [color:9d32=#900! important]roll and wrestling, so you have to love em'!

Although Hayes and Gordy were the two that stood out, in my opinion, the three of them will go down in history as one of the all-time great [color:9d32=#900][color:9d32=#900! important][color:9d32=#900! important]tag [color:9d32=#900! important]teams of that generation. They were huge EVERYWHERE it seemed.

Their greatest feud without a question was the epic between with the Von Erich's although they had other memorable series with Kevin Sullivan, Austin Idol, among countless others.

2. THE HARDY BOYS (Matt and [color:9d32=#900][color:9d32=#900! important][color:9d32=#900! important]Jeff [color:9d32=#900! important]Hardy)

The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time Hardy-boys(1)

Some may not agree with this one, but you can't deny the popularity of the two.

This day in age, there are very few [color:9d32=#900][color:9d32=#900! important][color:9d32=#900! important]tag [color:9d32=#900! important]teams that are able to gain credibility and recognition to the point of the Hardy's. Matt and Jeff (especially Jeff) have proven that if done correctly, tag teams can still work. You just need to have that "it" factor. Well, and enough time given to the team before splitting it up.

Their support of the fans got Matt's job back with the [color:9d32=#900][color:9d32=#900! important][color:9d32=#900! important]WWE! Now that's saying something.

AND THE NUMBER ONE TAG TEAM IS....

1. THE [color:9d32=#900][color:9d32=#900! important][color:9d32=#900! important]ROAD [color:9d32=#900! important]WARRIORS (Hawk and Animal)

The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time Road-warriors

I could name plenty of facts and stats to back up my number one, but what's the point?

You can google all of that.

The Road Warriors (and the Legion of [color:9d32=#900][color:9d32=#900! important][color:9d32=#900! important]Doom) were just the best, in my opinion, and from everyone within the industry that I've talked to in the past, most of them agree. They were scary individuals and were reportedly tough SOB's for real.

RIP Mike and thanks for the memories!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyTue 01 Sep 2009, 4:43 pm

Hardy Boys? Number 2?

Hardly.
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyTue 01 Sep 2009, 5:17 pm

my thoughts exactly Joey
Back to top Go down
sarcy
World Champion
World Champion
sarcy

Female
Number of posts : 1278
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Taker, Teddy Jr., Dolph Ziggler
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla, The Bella Twins, Maryse, Maria
Favorite TNA Wrestler : James Storm, Kevin Nash, AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Lauren, Christy, Alissa, Traci, Lacey Von Erich
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyTue 01 Sep 2009, 6:48 pm

Quite possibly the dumbest list I have read since that PWI 500 for this year came out.
Back to top Go down
CWL91
ROH World Champion
ROH World Champion
CWL91

Male
Number of posts : 927
Job/hobbies : I'm a fucking diplomat.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Morrison
Chris Jericho
Edge
Santino Marella
Zack Ryder
Charlie Haas
CM Punk
Low Ki

Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Nattie Neidhart
Katie Lea
Mickie James
Serena

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Alex Shelley
Chris Sabin
Christopher Daniels
AJ Styles
James Storm
Homicide
Doug Williams
Brian Kendrick
Young Bucks

Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love
Hamada
Sarita
Taylor Wilde

Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyTue 01 Sep 2009, 6:56 pm

Hardy Boyz and no Outsiders? This list is great....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyTue 01 Sep 2009, 7:19 pm

Who came up with this list - WWE.com?
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyTue 01 Sep 2009, 8:33 pm

probably
Back to top Go down
Princess Keri
Kear Bear <3
Kear Bear
Princess Keri

Female
Number of posts : 12559
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kofi Kingston, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Evan Bourne, John Cena, MVP, Ted Dibiase, and John Morrison.
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : MCMG, AJ Styles, Hernandez
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taylor Wilde, Sarita
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyWed 02 Sep 2009, 12:35 am

WOO HOO Hardy Boyz number 2!!! I love them.
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyWed 02 Sep 2009, 5:49 pm

I was a huge Hardy mark as a child so im definitly fine with their ranking, I am however shocked that Edge and Christian aren't listed.
Back to top Go down
Princess Keri
Kear Bear <3
Kear Bear
Princess Keri

Female
Number of posts : 12559
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kofi Kingston, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Evan Bourne, John Cena, MVP, Ted Dibiase, and John Morrison.
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : MCMG, AJ Styles, Hernandez
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taylor Wilde, Sarita
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyWed 02 Sep 2009, 9:10 pm

Blue McLaren wrote:
I was a huge Hardy mark as a child so im definitly fine with their ranking, I am however shocked that Edge and Christian aren't listed.

Yea I was kinda shocked that they weren't on there too.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyWed 02 Sep 2009, 9:14 pm

i'm surprised the Rockers and Steiners were on this list...what happened to the Nasty Boys?
Back to top Go down
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
Number of posts : 5827
Job/hobbies : Animals, Wrestling, Country Music
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Edge
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : Lita
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Mr. Anderson
Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Daffney
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada
They keep getting rid of the good ones. :x
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyWed 02 Sep 2009, 9:54 pm

Hardyz at #2 WTF? And why no E/C? La Resistance should be up there too, they drew a lot of heat.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/janineem82

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyWed 02 Sep 2009, 10:46 pm

La Resistance should not be up there, they didn't run long, and only got heel heat. They should NOT be up there.. lol.
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyThu 03 Sep 2009, 7:08 am

the rockers certainly shouldnt, they did mere nothings as a team.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyThu 03 Sep 2009, 10:26 am

the Rockers were a beast in the AWA, and in the early WWE days....it was also the launch of HBK's career when he threw Jannetty through the window at the Barber Shop
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyThu 03 Sep 2009, 10:58 am

i guess i got a bit blinded by the idea of wwe doing this list, cos i only though of the wwe rockers....i always wondered what woulda happened if janetty through hbk through the window shifty
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyThu 03 Sep 2009, 2:23 pm

Jannetty probably woulda had the better career
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyThu 03 Sep 2009, 6:06 pm

I'm also shocked the incredibly overated DX is not listed.

Where the fuck is APA???? Bradshaw and Faarooq were awesome!

Hell these other teams were kind of ok in there own way

-T&A
-Crash and Hardcore Holly
-Too Cool
-Booker T and Goldust? :lool:
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyThu 03 Sep 2009, 6:07 pm

not a single one of those 4 teams where as great as any of the teams listed on the list

apa maybe 11th
and DX is more of a faction rather then a tag team
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyThu 03 Sep 2009, 6:20 pm

Well there was times when Road Dogg and Billy Gunn were in the tag division so I was talking about them, speaking of Billy, Remember BILLY AND CHUCK?? rofl
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time EmptyThu 03 Sep 2009, 7:27 pm

Blue McLaren wrote:
I'm also shocked the incredibly overated DX is not listed.

Where the fuck is APA???? Bradshaw and Faarooq were awesome!

Hell these other teams were kind of ok in there own way

-T&A
-Crash and Hardcore Holly
-Too Cool
-Booker T and Goldust? :lool:

T&A? they didnt do anything, except get Trish noticed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time   The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time Empty

Back to top Go down

The Top Ten Greatest Wrestling Tag Teams Of All Time
Page 1 of 1