Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CMLL 12/7 Results

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

CMLL 12/7 Results Empty
PostSubject: CMLL 12/7 Results   CMLL 12/7 Results EmptyWed 09 Dec 2009, 2:52 pm

CMLL (MON) 12/07 Arena Puebla [El Sol de Puebla, Fuego en el Ring]
1) Black Tiger, Centella de Oro, Lestat b Alarido, Espiritu Maligno, Siki Ozama Jr.
2) Diamante, Leono, Tony Rivera b Bronco, Dr. X, Loco Max
3) Amapola b Marcela [CMLL WOMEN]
4) Naito, Shigeo Okumura, Yujiro b Máscara Dorada, Sagrado, Valiente
5) Brazo de Plata, Héctor Garza, Strong Man b Atlantis, Negro Casas, Último Guerrero

Tecnicos won when Strong Man thru Porky onto the rudos. That’s why they’re a great combo.

The two different reports have two different results for the semimain. I’m rolling with Fuego.

Amapola is mentioned as having defended her title for the 12th time. Over on the wiki, we have it at 10 (or will when this gets added – I miss JT178 doing these for me.) That leaves two unaccounted for defenses. Unlike yesterday’s tag title bit (where CMLL says Volador/Sombra have defended it 11, and we have 7 and no more), there’s actually announced title matches with no results for the CMLL Women’s Title:

2009-12-03 Gimnasio Marcelino Gonzalez de Zacatecas Marcela vs Amapola [CMLL WOMEN]
2009-04-19 Parque Revolucion Dark Angel vs Amapola [CMLL WOMEN]
2008-04-24 Plaza de Toros Cancun Amapola vs Marcela [CMLL WOMEN]But that’s now 13 defenses, which still doesn’t match.

Note, we have only ten (or thirteen) because, between the wiki and the db, we’re being super careful to catch all these matches. I would wager most people who follow CMLL are only dimly aware Amapola is CMLL Women’s champion, and surely do not know (or care) how many times she’s defended it. The “we’ve always been at war with Eastasia” aspect of these numbers the last couple days is annoying to me, but me alone. And maybe we have always been at war with Eastasia, but if you never let me know about the battles.

(I only started thinking about CMLL as a dystopia – a society in which conditions of life are miserable and characterized by poverty, oppression, war, violence and/or terror, resulting in widespread unhappiness, suffering, and other kinds of pain (wikipedia) – after I watched that Guerreros del Ring episode. It’s amazing that it’s the same people who do Ras de Lona, trying to do the same thing as they do on Ras de Lona, and it’s painful to watch. No one’s getting over, and no one can possible have a good match if that’s what it’s like every week. Maybe I’ll be happier after I watch Sin Salida.)

addendum: After I wrote this paragraph, CMLL wrote a news update that said Sunday’s Arena Coliseo Tag Team Championship defense would be their third. It’s their second, and CMLL’s indisputably incorrect. If no one believes the numbers, they don’t mean anything. (They same updates notes how it makes absolutely no sense for this title to be defended in Arena Mexico. When you’re pointing out the absurdness of your own stories, and that’s not meant to be comedy, maybe you need better stories.
Back to top Go down

CMLL 12/7 Results
Page 1 of 1