Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What really grinds me gears.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe-
Opener
Joe-

Male
Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-12-12

What really grinds me gears. Empty
PostWhat really grinds me gears.

Almost every other topic on here get's locked. It's like you guys are afraid to talk about anything.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

What really grinds me gears. :: Comments

Venom
Re: What really grinds me gears.
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 4:54 pm by Venom
That's what happens here. No one can ever stay on topic, and everything gets locked. xD.
Paul Wyatt
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 4:59 pm by Paul Wyatt
Oh, well...
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 5:13 pm by Angelwilliamsfan
a lot of the post have something in common that are locked........I'll let u guys figure that one out.
KTV-Time
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 7:06 pm by KTV-Time
Just wait until your post start getting deleted.....
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 7:08 pm by The Sexy Vixen
Vee//Venom wrote:
That's what happens here. No one can ever stay on topic, and everything gets locked. xD.

well said, Venom smile
Venom
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 7:28 pm by Venom
What really grinds me gears. 801414
Blue Ryder
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 8:07 pm by Blue Ryder
um wtf? What topics? I have not seen anything locked in weeks.
Joe-
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 8:18 pm by Joe-
like all of my blog topics have been locked.
Blue Ryder
Post Sat 19 Dec 2009, 8:23 pm by Blue Ryder
Really? I didn't know that... Sorry about that man.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 12:15 am by The Sexy Vixen
dont worry Joe..typically when things get locked, they magically get unlocked as well.

like the Bella thread i locked that was unlocked the next day.
Blue Ryder
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 1:01 am by Blue Ryder
Because there was really no arguing in that thread so I unlocked it and I thought Dead did it lol.
Dead
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 2:37 am by Dead
i dont censor anything Blue, wasnt me
Venom
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 2:48 am by Venom
Oooh, a mystery.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 7:36 am by The Sexy Vixen
the bella thread had run it's course and was just becoming post after post of Jordan and Bernard arguing. So yes I locked it.

Joe's blog was him insulting the non-indy fans with his "well you arent a real fan cause you dont like what I like" bs...so i locked that too.

needless arguing or insults like that are usually completely off topic of the threads anyway, so I generally lock them because all it does is promote flaming and drama.

there's someone else around here who likes to delete posts..which is basically censorship.

Censorship on a forum...wow What really grinds me gears. 773246
Joe-
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 11:22 am by Joe-
Locking every topic on a forum .... wow hilarious
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 3:42 pm by The Sexy Vixen
arguing leads to flaming which leads to personal attacks which usually gets people banned.

you of all people should know all about bannings, Joe Wink

i'm not the only person here who locks things that arent promoting anything but drama. that's a moderator's job, to lock things that are getting out of hand. if you are so mad about things being locked, stop flamebaiting Joe...because your "you arent a real fan" blog was basically flamebaiting...you should've known someone would get pissed and feel insulted and retaliate against your bs blog.

if people debated without getting personal with insults, things wouldnt get locked, plain and simple.

bad enough we cant even say f.a.g or b.i.t.c.h on the forum...and m.a.r.k. has been going from uncensored to censored back to uncensored lately. someone must be really touchy.

Last edited by The Sexy Vixen on Sun 20 Dec 2009, 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dead
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 3:44 pm by Dead
LL censored mark, but he put it back i do believe
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 3:47 pm by The Sexy Vixen
I kinda figured it was LL.
Dead
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 3:49 pm by Dead
yeah, its sad really
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 3:52 pm by The Sexy Vixen
i think it's silly, but oh well, not my call.
Blue Ryder
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 4:52 pm by Blue Ryder
Well at least say you locked something and state your reasonings so there wont be a huge mystery. As for censoring words like b*tch and f*g, I'm sorry but I'm trying to prevent people from arguing and then ultimately getting banned. If that makes me touchy, oh well. I dunno who censored mark though lol
Joe-
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:03 pm by Joe-
Why lock a thread? We are people, people argue, people fight. We talk about our differences and we debate a topic, that's what a forum is for. If we have a difference in opinion, we say it, and if you don't agree, you state why and we talk about it.

You don't see people in congress just locking debates because they start yelling at each other do you?

A blog, should never be locked.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:08 pm by The Sexy Vixen
Blue, no one else ever states why they are locking something. i think it's kinda obvious when you see Joey coming in a thread calling people "ignorants fucks" that things have gotten out of hand.

obviously someone else also agreed that Joe's blog was getting out of hand since when i came back half of the posts to it were deleted.

so if you dont want threads locked, then posts shouldnt be deleted either. it's the same thing no matter how you slice it.

besides, usually around awards time the awards thread end up locked because people start arguing over winners. and it's Blue who locks those threads. So i'm not the only one who locks things when arguments start.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:11 pm by The Sexy Vixen
Blue Campbell wrote:
Well at least say you locked something and state your reasonings so there wont be a huge mystery. As for censoring words like b*tch and f*g, I'm sorry but I'm trying to prevent people from arguing and then ultimately getting banned. If that makes me touchy, oh well. I dunno who censored mark though lol

you censoring the words wont stop people from saying it, blue
Joe-
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:12 pm by Joe-
People argue! That's life. I argue with people all the time. It happens on every single site and you wont stop it no matter what you do.
Blue Ryder
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:14 pm by Blue Ryder
Joe- wrote:
Why lock a thread? We are people, people argue, people fight. We talk about our differences and we debate a topic, that's what a forum is for. If we have a difference in opinion, we say it, and if you don't agree, you state why and we talk about it.

You don't see people in congress just locking debates because they start yelling at each other do you?

Sadly we have immature people that can't argue without getting personal so we end to lock things before shit gets outta hand.
Blue Ryder
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:15 pm by Blue Ryder
The Sexy Vixen wrote:
Blue, no one else ever states why they are locking something. i think it's kinda obvious when you see Joey coming in a thread calling people "ignorants fucks" that things have gotten out of hand.

obviously someone else also agreed that Joe's blog was getting out of hand since when i came back half of the posts to it were deleted.

so if you dont want threads locked, then posts shouldnt be deleted either. it's the same thing no matter how you slice it.

besides, usually around awards time the awards thread end up locked because people start arguing over winners. and it's Blue who locks those threads. So i'm not the only one who locks things when arguments start.
True but I state that I'm locking things before i lock it hilarious and I didn't know posts were being deleted :ewwa: We have a mystery on our hands
Blue Ryder
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:16 pm by Blue Ryder
The Sexy Vixen wrote:
Blue Campbell wrote:

you censoring the words wont stop people from saying it, blue
Tellz me about it! It wont have that much of a impact though because its censored hilarious
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:16 pm by The Sexy Vixen
Blue Campbell wrote:
Joe- wrote:

Sadly we have immature people that can't argue without getting personal so we end to lock things before shit gets outta hand.

shrug

that's exactly what I just said lol

when things are getting out of hand I lock the threads. i usually unlock them on request if someone PMs me asking to post their thoughts.
Blue Ryder
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:17 pm by Blue Ryder
Joe- wrote:
People argue! That's life. I argue with people all the time. It happens on every single site and you wont stop it no matter what you do.
I know that Joe, BUT We have ourselves a great group of ppl and I dont want to see anyone get banned because of petty arguments, understand what I'm saying?
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:19 pm by The Sexy Vixen
Blue Campbell wrote:
The Sexy Vixen wrote:

True but I state that I'm locking things before i lock it hilarious and I didn't know posts were being deleted :ewwa: We have a mystery on our hands

yeah Joe's blog was 2 pages when i locked it. Joey has replied and even Dead and I had a small discussion going. it was getting kinda intense so i locked it. I came back and it was unlocked and like all of page 2 was deleted.

I know you saw it, Blue, because you even posted in the thread about "name-calling" remember?

all of that is gone now. someone deleted it all.
Blue Ryder
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:19 pm by Blue Ryder
The Sexy Vixen wrote:
Blue Campbell wrote:
Joe- wrote:

shrug

that's exactly what I just said lol

when things are getting out of hand I lock the threads. i usually unlock them on request if someone PMs me asking to post their thoughts.
hilarious OOPS! I just saw it im innocent

I like that request to post idea Bart
Joe-
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:20 pm by Joe-
Just let people fight. They'll get over it. If people get on the computer, and actually take things to heart, they need mental help.

Edit: I know blue, but try to look at it from a different view. Don't ban them for fighting, let them fight, let them get it out. They'll quit.
Blue Ryder
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:21 pm by Blue Ryder
The Sexy Vixen wrote:
Blue Campbell wrote:
The Sexy Vixen wrote:

yeah Joe's blog was 2 pages when i locked it. Joey has replied and even Dead and I had a small discussion going. it was getting kinda intense so i locked it. I came back and it was unlocked and like all of page 2 was deleted.

I know you saw it, Blue, because you even posted in the thread about "name-calling" remember?

OH RIGHT! I remember now, yes I did see that. It's for the best that some of those were deleted. Shit was getting crazy for a minute there.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:22 pm by The Sexy Vixen
Joe- wrote:

there's a difference between a civil discussion/debate and a flat out flame war with personal insults.

me and MeShell had a debate once about Angelina Love and not one personal insult was thrown out in that whole discussion. unfortunately not everyone can debate that way.

someone gets personal and then another replies and then thing just go to hell from there.
Joe-
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:23 pm by Joe-
Sounds like you need to get your staff in order.

Blue, your the boss around here. the staff is to comfortable. They don't understand that you have to power to demote them at any time. You are the man, not the mods.

People boss you around,Blue.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:24 pm by The Sexy Vixen
Blue Campbell wrote:
The Sexy Vixen wrote:
Blue Campbell wrote:
The Sexy Vixen wrote:

OH RIGHT! I remember now, yes I did see that. It's for the best that some of those were deleted. Shit was getting crazy for a minute there.

but now you send the message that you cant say anything here because you will get your topic locked or your post deleted.

i didnt think any of those posts needed to be deleted. Joey had said his peace and me and Dead were talking about something different. i think it was a bit much to delete the posts of people just speaking their minds.
Blue Ryder
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:24 pm by Blue Ryder
Joe- wrote:
Just let people fight. They'll get over it. If people get on the computer, and actually take things to heart, they need mental help.

Edit: I know blue, but try to look at it from a different view. Don't ban them for fighting, let them fight, let them get it out. They'll quit.
If they can go without getting personal then maybe, like yesterday myself and LL were debating with Dead and none of us called eachother names. That's how foks are supposed to debate.

The other day myself and Vixen were debating with Dead and Jordan (black divas thread) we kept things mature and no one was offended. If ppl can debate like that then I dont see why not.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:25 pm by The Sexy Vixen
Joe- wrote:

Blue, your the boss around here. the staff is to comfortable. They don't understand that you have to power to demote them at any time. You are the man, not the mods.

rofl

the staff is in order just fine. I appreciate your coy/sly effort to try and get your foot in the door, though.
Blue Ryder
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:26 pm by Blue Ryder
Joe- wrote:

:ewwa: We are talking about debates/arguments. Staff has nothing to do with this and I agree with everything Vixen just said.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:27 pm by The Sexy Vixen
Blue Campbell wrote:
Joe- wrote:

If they can go without getting personal then maybe, like yesterday myself and LL were debating with Dead and none of us called eachother names. That's how foks are supposed to debate.

The other day myself and Vixen were debating with Dead and Jordan (black divas thread) we kept things mature and no one was offended. If ppl can debate like that then I dont see why not.

debates are fine until someone gets so annoyed the personal insult comes out..then things just go to hell. if people can keep from the insults then they can debate all day for all i care.
Blue Ryder
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:27 pm by Blue Ryder
The Sexy Vixen wrote:
Blue Campbell wrote:
The Sexy Vixen wrote:
Blue Campbell wrote:
The Sexy Vixen wrote:

but now you send the message that you cant say anything here because you will get your topic locked or your post deleted.

i didnt think any of those posts needed to be deleted. Joey had said his peace and me and Dead were talking about something different. i think it was a bit much to delete the posts of people just speaking their minds.
Maybe it was LL, dude has been cranky lately hilarious he probably thought things were getting outta hand ad deleted them, poor guy Crying or Very sad
Blue Ryder
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:29 pm by Blue Ryder
The Sexy Vixen wrote:
Blue Campbell wrote:
Joe- wrote:

debates are fine until someone gets so annoyed the personal insult comes out..then things just go to hell. if people can keep from the insults then they can debate all day for all i care.
Agreed so much.. We have like 6 or 7 members that can't go without getting personal hilarious
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:31 pm by The Sexy Vixen
Blue Campbell wrote:
I like that request to post idea Bart

It worked for the pic thread. i had to lock it but TJ wanted to post his pic so i opened it for him. it's been fine since then.

usually though people make threads about why topics are locked. a simple PM to a mod or admin asking to reply might help that.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:32 pm by The Sexy Vixen
you're probably right about LL, Blue and yeah I know he has been stressed so i havent tried to bother him lately.
Blue Ryder
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:33 pm by Blue Ryder
well from now on, we can lock threads and state why we are lockin them but also mention that they can pm somone on staff and we'll unlock it if they have something to post.
Joe-
Post Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:34 pm by Joe-
Blue, I think the PM a Sent you is a really good Idea.
Post  by Sponsored content

What really grinds me gears.

Page 1 of 1