Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena

Go down 
+6
LiE
Blue Ryder
Jordan H.
Dead
Did You Miss Her?
Angelus
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena Empty
PostSubject: The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena   The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 7:22 pm

During an interview with Live Audio Wrestling last night, Dwayne "The Rock Johnson said he would return to WWE for a guest-hosting role or to wrestle a match on the sole condition that he can "rip up" the writing for the current television product and tap into the "Attitude Era" with an edgier product.

"I want to use the platform as a host to literally rip things open. There's so much stuff we can do," Johnson told John Pollock. "We're going to create an incredible show, an incredible Raw. I'm doing another movie, but after that, we're going to create something special, unique, something badass for the fans. Talking to Vince (McMahon), whenever that's going to be, we're going to have a great time."

Johnson echoed what he said last week during an interview with ESPN in that he wouldn't rule out actually wrestling, but only if he can turn the product upside down and create a compelling storyline leading to a match.

"I accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish in wrestling, so I wouldn't rule out going back," Johnson said. "If the match was right and we could create something really unique and cool for the fans and for my opponent and for the company, I would do it in a second."

Johnson once again said he has no interest in wrestling John Cena, but talked about what it would take for him to work a program with one of WWE's premiere stars.

"I've never been interested in wrestling John Cena. The guys I wrestled in the past - from Goldberg to Hogan to Austin - were guys who I've really wanted to wrestle. If it can be done creatively but not only that, it's very important if I do back is that the writing has to be ripped open and really be pushed," Johnson said. "I came from a time in the Attitude era where we trail-blazed a lot and were fearless in the things we said and did."

Johnson added: "There are a lot of restrictions now on the product, which by the way, I understand, and I enjoy some of the stuff I see and I know some of the writers and they're challenged every week, but if in fact I do go back, it would be an interesting collision of an Attitude time that I loved and the time now, but I'm sure we can always infuse things to make it work."
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena   The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 7:24 pm

I love him.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena   The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 7:36 pm

It'd be the battle of the biggest overseller vs the noseller
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena   The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 7:57 pm

Hell, even The Rock doesnt want to wrestle the son-of-a-b*****

I'd just be intrigued to see an Attitude Era persona clash with the PG'ers
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena   The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 8:21 pm

LMFAO My love just increased for him! Fucking hilarious!
Back to top Go down
LiE
World Champion
World Champion
LiE

Female
Number of posts : 1027
Job/hobbies : Rock N' Roll
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena   The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena EmptyWed 27 Jan 2010, 2:42 am

I hope Cena's in tears.

He's NOT that damn great anyways, it's nice to see someone not interested in wrestling the idiot.

I seen a grown man wearing a Cena hoodie today.....seriously. I know that has nothing to do with ANYTHING, but, you know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/divaxdiva
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena   The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena EmptyWed 27 Jan 2010, 2:48 am

^

Cena's fans: Teen/Adult females, Children, grown men with daydreams of being able to do a stiff legdrop off the top turnbuckle
Back to top Go down
Lauren
World Champion
World Champion
Lauren

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena   The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena EmptyWed 27 Jan 2010, 2:48 am

He answer's Cena's challenge, but completely ignores my offer to wrestle him shirtless. The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
MkGtOmEr
Legend
MkGtOmEr

Male
Number of posts : 4296
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena   The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena EmptyWed 27 Jan 2010, 5:26 am

If He doesn't lay the Smackdown on Cena, I'ma do it!

Lol,
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/mkgtomer
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena   The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena EmptyWed 27 Jan 2010, 7:00 am

I know definitely Rock won't work with HBK because in Bret's book Hitman, he says DX (mainly HBK) tried their best to keep Rock down in the booking room pretty much because they were intimidated by his charisma (back when he was Rocky Maivia for most of you who don't know) but Bret told them that he eventually become will become the future of the business; less than two years later, Rock was WWE Champion......needless to say, Rock refuses to do anything with Shawn to this day for how he treated him back when he was a rookie.
Back to top Go down
LaylaMark
Midcarder
Midcarder
LaylaMark

Number of posts : 476
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Favorite WWE Diva : Queen Layla
Maryse
Natayla
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting
The Pope
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love
Lacey Von Erich
Sarita
Velvet Sky
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena   The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena EmptyWed 27 Jan 2010, 9:34 am

The Rock on Shawn Michaels back when he first became an Icon in 2000
Quote :
TORCH TALK FLASHBACK
"The Rock" Dwayne Johnson - January 2000
Originally Published in Torch Newsletter #583

Keller: I don't think Shawn Michaels's name has come up other than when we talked about the Survivor Series. What are your thoughts on him? Was he helpful to you? Was he a hindrance to you? Was he someone you learned from, even his mistakes? Did he set a good example?

Rock: He was not helpful to me. I never sought his help. I really have nothing to say about Shawn.

Keller: Is that because if you can't say something good, you don't want to say anything at all?

Rock: Not necessarily. He was cordial with me as I was with him. But other than that, he doesn't know me well enough to speak of me and I don't know him well enough to speak of him.

Keller: Michaels is regarded as a fabulous athlete, a fabulous performer, and one of the best of this era or generation. If you agree with that to any degree, do you have a desire to work a top program with him if he were able to come back and work a handful of matches?

Rock: No, I have no desire to work with Shawn. None whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena   The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena EmptyWed 27 Jan 2010, 9:46 am

wow Jordan i never knew that
seriously Shawn was a realy asshole back then eh?
but i knew he was young, brash and had bad attitudes....but he found god and that so who knows if he is AS bad..i know hes bad, but eh....never knew that. HBK was a moron for doing that...its buisness, but ppl like Rock made the buisness boom, so trying to keep him down was a bit pathetic
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena   The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena EmptyWed 27 Jan 2010, 1:16 pm

Rolling Eyes @ HBK! What a douche
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena   The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena EmptyWed 27 Jan 2010, 2:37 pm

All of The Kliq were douches back then. And besides, I do remember an article awhile ago, where The Rock stated he would have liked to "work with the likes of".. and I remember HBK and Mysterio being on that list.
Back to top Go down
LaylaMark
Midcarder
Midcarder
LaylaMark

Number of posts : 476
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Favorite WWE Diva : Queen Layla
Maryse
Natayla
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting
The Pope
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love
Lacey Von Erich
Sarita
Velvet Sky
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena   The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena EmptyWed 27 Jan 2010, 6:47 pm

You're talking about the HOF 2008 but that was just to appease the fans. Rock never mentions Michaels in articles except when others bring him up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena   The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena Empty

Back to top Go down

The Rock: I've Never Been Interested In Wrestling John Cena
Page 1 of 1