Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More Empty
PostSubject: Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More   Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 3:44 am

We're told the issues between Awesome Kong and Bubba the Love Sponge seem to be resolved after a meeting took place with her, Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff.

Kong had initially asked for her release and refused to work the company's UK tour despite being advertised. While they may have not granted her a release, we're told there are still some financial issues between Kong and the company.

According to reports, Kong was said to be touchy when she noticed how much the company was spending on newcomers and how they couldn't afford to give talent already on the roster raises, especially the TNA Knockouts.

As noted earlier, Kong recently put together a group called "Wrestlers 4 Haiti" in order to secure funds for Haiti relief. The group raised $6,000 at a club in Lancaster, Pennsylvania on Jan. 15. She spent two days promoting the event on local radio and with the help of twenty-four wrestlers, managed to raise $3,500. Mick Foley then donated another $2,500 as he made an agreement with Kong to match whatever funds were raised, up to that amount.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More   Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 4:19 am

so they waste money on losers like the Nastys and wont give current talent a raise?

oi

shrug
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More   Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 5:06 am

I already lost hope in WCW, Vix, the night they re-enacted the Screwjob
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More   Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 5:33 am

Jordan Harvey Version 1.0 wrote:

I...am trying so hard to try to see a tiny bit of light at the end of this tunnel but....I cant.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More   Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 9:01 am

Didnt this happen to gail and salinas? TNA has WAY two many people for a 2 hour show.They need to either make another brand or let go some people.Their gonna go down the drain with hulk and eric running tna.
Back to top Go down
Lauren
World Champion
World Champion
Lauren

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More   Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 9:04 am

The Sexy Vixen wrote:
Jordan Harvey Version 1.0 wrote:

I...am trying so hard to try to see a tiny bit of light at the end of this tunnel but....I cant.

Don't fall for that light at the end of the tunnel mess, I did and it turned out to be Bischoff and Hogan playing with a flashlight.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More   Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 12:33 pm

MVP Fan wrote:
Didnt this happen to gail and salinas? TNA has WAY two many people for a 2 hour show.They need to either make another brand or let go some people.Their gonna go down the drain with hulk and eric running tna.

they already are going down the drain.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Report: TNA Knockout Denied Release, & More   Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 4:47 pm

As noted earlier, Awesome Kong requested her release from TNA following her one-sided physical encounter with shock jock Bubba the Love Sponge backstage at a recent television taping. She has been telling friends that officials refused to grant her release from the organization. She countered by telling management that she would not be appearing on the UK tour despite being advertised. However, she did give into working a match the night following her altercation with Bubba. Furthermore, the issue between Kong and Bubba has apparently been resolved following a meeting between her, Hulk Hogan, and Eric Bischoff, though some internally feel it wouldn't be too surprising to see it turned into a storyline if and when she returns.

It should be noted that much of the lingering heat between Kong and TNA is said to be over a financial dispute. She is especially touchy when she notices the company spending frivolously on newcomers while also claiming that they can't afford to give raises to her and her fellow Knockouts. The assumption within the company is that Tara and perhaps Christy Hemme are paid well due to their past history with World Wrestling Entertainment, but there is much frustration over the pay that the other females receive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More   Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More Empty

Back to top Go down

Backstage News: Awesome Kong's TNA Status?, & More
Page 1 of 1